Well...... CRAP!!!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
I catch grief all the time for designing electronic enclosures that the technician can take up residence in. "Why can't they be compact and light weight?"

My reply is usually, "Oh... you want me to service it too?!?!"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep, all my favorite engineers have mechanical backgrounds.
Farm boy, mechanic. automotive machinist and research lab technician/machinist/welder for years....and then finally got a BSME degree.

Still tryna get SGI squared away on how to put 20 pounds of his lectrical chit in a 10-pound box.

glhs837

Power with Control
Farm boy, mechanic. automotive machinist and research lab technician/machinist/welder for years....and then finally got a BSME degree.

Still tryna get SGI squared away on how to put 20 pounds of his lectrical chit in a 10-pound box.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, the Saga of the Leaky Rear End is almost at a close. Took Mortons almost a month to get it rebuilt, since the one independent shop evidently just up and closed. Cost ended up being $735. A little less than half of that parts, including the big bearing which was $135 all by its lonesome.

Oh, since the pads got soaked in lube, didnt make sense to replace those and not the rotor. Galfer is one of the most recognized brands. I'll swap the dual fronts in a couple months after this pain is a distant memory in She Who Hold the Royal Purses mind. The rotor screws come with a micro encapsulated form of threadlocker. Dry install, that pops the micro bubbles releasing the chemicals. Acts almost as tough as red until you hit it with a torch and hit 100C, then it comes right out.

Reactions: TPD