We're in the last moments of world history...

bcp

In My Opinion
Isn't every minute the last minute of world history as we know it? And haven't natural disasters and world unrest been a part of life since the beginning of time?

The Bible warned us that there would be people saying this.

Starman3000m

:howdy:

Hasn't worked yet. You can keep trying. If god wants me to be saved, he will find a way for you to make it happen.

That's the point! God does want you to be saved!

The question is - Do you want to be saved? Would you be willing to give up things that keep you from establishing a relationship with God? If so, ask Him for Forgiveness in denying Him and ask to receive His Promise of Salvation - not for what you could ever do to earn it but what Christ did through His Atoning Blood.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. ( 2 Peter 3:9)

BTW: Neither I nor anyone else here can "save" you. This needs to be a one-on-one between you and God - but Salvation is available If you really want to receive it. Admitting that you cannot be perfect enough to merit entry into heaven and inviting Jesus into your life to be your personal Lord and Saviour is the way to Salvation.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The sad Truth is most of humanity is going to hell. Even sadder is that is not God's design.
John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Most people have and continue to reject God's free gift. My advice, to use an old American folk phrase, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

bcp

In My Opinion
The sad Truth is most of humanity is going to hell. Even sadder is that is not God's design.

Most people have and continue to reject God's free gift. My advice, to use an old American folk phrase, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

To the best if my knowledge, Im ready, I could be more ready, but, I figure that somewhere at least toward the back of the train, I have a seat.

Starman3000m

Apparently it IS God's design, otherwise he'd make it different.

God loves mankind and wants no one to perish but His "design" was to give people the choice of whether they want to love Him or love the world.

There is no fence-sitting on the Day of God's Judgment, One either accepted His Offer of Forgiveness and Salvation through Jesus' Atonement or rejected God's Offer altogether.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
God loves mankind and wants no one to perish but His "design" was to give people the choice of whether they want to love Him or love the world.

And therefore he wants some people to go to hell, otherwise he wouldn't have given them a choice.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Do you want to be saved?
These questions make me think of the Chick Tracts. Some wise-looking gentleman approaches a doofy-looking younger person and asks, "Do you want to spend eternity burning in hell, Rob?" The younger one gets wide-eyed, stares back and says, "Gee, I sure don't! What can I do?" "Sit down and recite this: 'Lord, I know I am a pitiful sinner...'."

Who doesn't want happiness for eternity? Unfortunately for me, I guess, I have too many logical problems with the whole deal there. For one, I am hardly a boastful person, but I do not see the value in leveling my self-confidence towards establishing confidence in god/faith. Second, I don't understand how the "sacrifice" was genuine since Jesus did what he was sent to do. :shrug: (Not that I'm trying to get the thread off track, or make it like so many other threads...)

Neither I nor anyone else here can "save" you. This needs to be a one-on-one between you and God...
Then what? I can come back on the Forums beaming with the light of my newly cleansed soul only to have my beliefs judged, scolded and altered by those who claim to know Jesus just a bit better than I do. You guys do seem to have a blast in here, but no thanks.

Starman3000m

And therefore he wants some people to go to hell, otherwise he wouldn't have given them a choice.

God doesn't want them to go to hell. Satan, God's adversary, wants to take people with him to hell.

So it's back to the question of whom to believe and follow? God's Offer to be saved from the Judgment that will come against all evil or Satan's subtle deceptions in all forms that turn people against believing in God's Plan of Salvation through the Atoning Blood of Christ?

Individual's choice.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
The path is said to be "narrow", indicating to me that most will not gain admittance. Sux to be us.

Unless those of us who have remained unassuming and logical are the ones who actually get in. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
God doesn't want them to go to hell. Satan, God's adversary, wants to take people with him to hell.

But if God is all powerful, then he could simply make Satan disappear. If He created everything, surely he could get rid of it, right? So obviously God *wants* Satan around to make people bad, so that they will go to hell.

Starman3000m

But if God is all powerful, then he could simply make Satan disappear. If He created everything, surely he could get rid of it, right? So obviously God *wants* Satan around to make people bad, so that they will go to hell.

The time will come when God will put a final end to Satan and all evil for eternity. People will have chosen whether they trusted their soul to God or neglected the offer He gave to save them from the wrath to come.

In this world, Satan's temptations cause people to have the tendency to disobey and disbelieve God. However, it is God's strength through Christ alone that gives people the ability to turn away from Satan's control and influence to do wrong. People have the choice to recognize their shortcomings (no one is perfect) and admit to God that they are in need of the Salvation He offers through Christ.

In such case, one needs to renounce Satan's controlling influence and invite Christ into their life to be their sole source of strength, guidance and Salvation. We don't have power on our own to overcome this world - Christ is our only strength and His Promise is that He will not turn anyone away.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (John 15:4-6)

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. (1 John 5:4-6)

God wants people to seek Him with their sincere desire and knows the heart of each person. Then you will be led to His Plan of Salvation and not be refused:

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:37-40)

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
...I can come back on the Forums beaming with the light of my newly cleansed soul only to have my beliefs judged, scolded and altered by those who claim to know Jesus just a bit better than I do. You guys do seem to have a blast in here, but no thanks.
Actually this happens in almost all of the forums, so you can't pin it only on the religion forum. The "stakes" are greater on there however. For the devil to convince you to believe that hedonism is king, is his life's goal. He'll be laughing at you folks for all eternity but there will be nothing you can do to him. You can't kill him or beat him up, but you can pi$$ him off here & now by following Christ instead of him. You'll, then, have his full attention...

The people who "know Jesus a bit better", have earned the right to say they have, because they have done their "homework" and found out the truth (among all the lies out there today). It's like those folks with those perfect bodies from working out. They have earned the right to show them off because they put in the hours of exercise...

Radiant1

Soul Probe
BTW: Neither I nor anyone else here can "save" you. This needs to be a one-on-one between you and God

Then why do you hound Catholics? :eyebrow:

The people who "know Jesus a bit better", have earned the right to say they have, because they have done their "homework" and found out the truth (among all the lies out there today). It's like those folks with those perfect bodies from working out. They have earned the right to show them off because they put in the hours of exercise...

What a load of self-righteous bullcrap.

Starman3000m

Then why do you hound Catholics? :eyebrow:

Because the RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and not the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

The RCC Catechism has indoctrinated parishioners to "believe" that Mary is alive "bodily" in Heaven, reigning as a "co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," "Benefactress," "Advocate," "Helper" "Queen over all things," etc. and that you can direct devotions to her and she will hear you.

The RCC has indoctrinated you to fear becoming an "anathema" if you deny the titles and position that Mary has been given by the RCC.

We "hound Catholics" to warn them that the RCC has been lying to them all along and that it is Only Christ who is Only Mediator, High Priest and Saviour of your soul. It is Christ alone (not Mary nor the "saints") who shed His Blood for the remission of your sins and mine. It is Only Jesus Christ who is to be given all praise, honor and glory for saving our souls once and for all in the here and now.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (2 Corinthians 11:4)

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:8-9)

The written words of the Holy Bible contain all the essential truths that brings a person to the Salvation Grace that God offers through the Atoning Blood of Christ and there is no mention that Mary would ever join Him in Heaven as "Queen over all things," "Helper," "Advocate," Benefactress," co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," etc.

Jesus is the resurrected Saviour of mankind; There Is Proof of that.
There is no Biblical proof that Mary resurrected and was assumed up to Heaven. No Proof - No Truth!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Then what? I can come back on the Forums beaming with the light of my newly cleansed soul only to have my beliefs judged, scolded and altered by those who claim to know Jesus just a bit better than I do. You guys do seem to have a blast in here, but no thanks.

Dude..I can see you burning all the way from my place.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Because the RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and not the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

The RCC Catechism has indoctrinated parishioners to "believe" that Mary is alive "bodily" in Heaven, reigning as a "co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," "Benefactress," "Advocate," "Helper" "Queen over all things," etc. and that you can direct devotions to her and she will hear you.

The RCC has indoctrinated you to fear becoming an "anathema" if you deny the titles and position that Mary has been given by the RCC.

We "hound Catholics" to warn them that the RCC has been lying to them all along and that it is Only Christ who is Only Mediator, High Priest and Saviour of your soul. It is Christ alone (not Mary nor the "saints") who shed His Blood for the remission of your sins and mine. It is Only Jesus Christ who is to be given all praise, honor and glory for saving our souls once and for all in the here and now.

The written words of the Holy Bible contain all the essential truths that brings a person to the Salvation Grace that God offers through the Atoning Blood of Christ and there is no mention that Mary would ever join Him in Heaven as "Queen over all things," "Helper," "Advocate," Benefactress," co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," etc.

Jesus is the resurrected Saviour of mankind; There Is Proof of that.
There is no Biblical proof that Mary resurrected and was assumed up to Heaven. No Proof - No Truth!

I had a dream...

No wonder my daughter is an atheist. It's because of people like you.