We're in the last moments of world history...

Starman3000m

Man, where's that squawking parrot pic when I need it? So much for "a one-on-one between you and God".

Is not Jesus Really God?
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (1 Timothy 3:16)

When you call upon Jesus, you are calling upon God: one-on-One!

Starman3000m

...I had a dream...

No wonder my daughter is an atheist. It's because of people like you.

Just relaying the message:

Jesus said: I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Do you not believe that?

Starman3000m

I believe it, but not in the way you preach it.

I'm out. :peace:

Many times, the Hard Truth is offensive. Better to tell someone that Jesus is the Only One who can save your soul from hell and the wrath of God than to sugar coat it with niceties that gloss over the real truth of where we will all stand before God; for Him or against Him: Saved by His Grace or Lost by one's Rejection of His Grace through Christ.

Just following instructions:

2 Timothy, Chapter 4:

1: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Starman3000m

Durp durp! :rolleyes:

Yeah, and? Leave the Catholics to their one-on-one with God already.

Go ahead, Radiant1, scorn and ridicule all you wish. However, just so you will know and remember this:

The Church is built on the Only Foundational Rock which is Christ.

Without the Vatican's false claims of Mary being: "Perpetual Virgin," "Assumed bodily into Heaven," "The Queen over all things," "Mediatrix," "Helper," "Advocate," "co-Redemptrix," etc., the RCC crumbles.

The RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and not the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Then what? I can come back on the Forums beaming with the light of my newly cleansed soul only to have my beliefs judged, scolded and altered by those who claim to know Jesus just a bit better than I do. You guys do seem to have a blast in here, but no thanks.
My case, rested. :ohwell:

PsyOps

Pixelated
But if God is all powerful, then he could simply make Satan disappear. If He created everything, surely he could get rid of it, right? So obviously God *wants* Satan around to make people bad, so that they will go to hell.

But why would He? You could keep your kids in the house all their lives to protect them from the world but you don't. Why? Because you want them to experience things - good and bad. You want them to have choices so they can make their own mistakes and have their own successes. Why would it be any different with God?

Being all-powerful doesn't mean you have exercise that power on every level. How is it we can understand why parents give their kids choices but can't understand why God would do the same?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Go ahead, Radiant1, scorn and ridicule all you wish. However, just so you will know and remember this:

The Church is built on the Only Foundational Rock which is Christ.

The RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and not the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

I knew you were going to bring the Catholic Church into this somehow. You went from preaching about salvation to blasting the Catholic Church in 48 posts.

Evangelicalism----------> coming to a strip mall near you soon

foodcritic

I think you know in what context I was speaking.

the Lord Jesus WILL come like a thief in the night to all people. There is no differentiation in that text.

Paul contextually says "be ready when He comes suddenly."

You don't think there is a distinction? I honestly can't read this and come to any other conclusion based on the context of both books...

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

I think while the rapture will come like a thief in the night in the sense that the hour/minute (literally) is unkown. Paul is clearly telling them that believers would have seen all the signs and be prepared. At least that is what is implied in 1,2 Thes.

foodcritic

My case, rested. :ohwell:

Christians can have debated and disagree on some issues. Seems to me that you need to except that move on. I have friends who I don't agree with on every issue in the bible. If it's non essential then so be it.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
How is it we can understand why parents give their kids choices but can't understand why God would do the same?
Because, bottom line, no parent would sentence their child to an INFINITE period in hell for finite sins.

I think it's interesting that you made that point because so often Christians say the god-human relationship is fundamentally different and not equivalent to the human parent-child relationship. Despite the fact that that is the best way for us to try to understand, and we even refer to god and Jesus as the "father" and "son", when there is a sticking point in the aforementioned analogy, we are told, "It's different."

Christians can have debated and disagree on some issues. Seems to me that you need to except that move on. I have friends who I don't agree with on every issue in the bible. If it's non essential then so be it.
You should be directing that at Starman and the Italian, because they are the ones who do most of the provoca... err, 'truth-telling' against the RCC. I sit here trying to weed through it, but so many threads lately have been "debate" free and simply the Literalists vs. the RCC.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Are you mad because you have no muscles to show or do you just have that much hatred for me? I'm still waiting for biblical proof that what we've said is wrong in any way... :howdy:

I'm not mad, and I have no need to show mighty muscle. I just think you're a self-righteous hypocrite. :shrug:

I don't know who the "we" is you're talking about. It's what YOU said that prompted my comment. There is no evidence or proof that YOU know Jesus better than others.

Wenchy had a dream...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Because, bottom line, no parent would sentence their child to an INFINITE period in hell for finite sins.

God doesn’t sentence us, we sentence ourselves. We have the choice knowing the benefits and consequences of that choice. As a parent you give your kids the tools to make decisions, and you hope they make the right ones. And you know if they make the wrong ones it could result in death. But you don’t go around force your kid to make every decision your way do you?

I think it's interesting that you made that point because so often Christians say the god-human relationship is fundamentally different and not equivalent to the human parent-child relationship. Despite the fact that that is the best way for us to try to understand, and we even refer to god and Jesus as the "father" and "son", when there is a sticking point in the aforementioned analogy, we are told, "It's different."

The only thing that may be different is God's ability to MAKE things happen; but He chooses not to. These fundamental behaviors in humans make me always think about how we are created in God’s image. I don’t think this is meant just that we take on certain physical qualities that God might look like, but we also take on emotional and natural qualities. I happen to believe parents want to protect their kids to a certain level, but also want their kids to be free to make their own mistakes and hopefully learn from them. God also realizes that He has to cut the cord and let us make the ultimate decision which could result in death. I’m currently teaching my son to drive. I constantly remind him about certain behaviors and actions that, if he doesn’t abide by them, could result in death. But I also remind him that once he’s alone behind the wheel he is on his own. The consequences of his actions will be his. I feel this is a quality engrained in us by God.

Starman3000m

I knew you were going to bring the Catholic Church into this somehow. You went from preaching about salvation to blasting the Catholic Church in 48 posts.

Yes, Bird Dog, the discussion was going along about salvation and then in Post #36 Radiant1 asked the following:

Radiant1 said:
Then why do you hound Catholics?

And that's the reason the RCC came back into the picture - because the RCC is NOT being truthful to you nor any other parishioner about the True Salvation through Christ that is mentioned in the New Testament teachings of Jesus and His Disciples.

The RCC has added Marian theology and claims that it is the "Church" that Christ founded with Peter being the first "pope". Additionally, it is obvious that the RCC teaches that the Atoning Blood of Christ was not sufficient enough of God's Grace to bring complete forgiveness of your sins in the here and now and that you still have to be sent to a spiritual "half-way house" known as purgatory for further cleansing before being allowed into Heaven.

What's more, the RCC makes it an absolute requirement that you abide by its teachings in order to obtain salvation.

This is exposing a pseudo-Christian theology for what it is. Even though you call this "blasting the Catholic Church" it is a Biblical response that believers in Christ are responsible for telling and warning those who are caught up in following false doctrines.

Yes this pertains to the eternal Salvation of your soul and it's something you cannot afford to be wrong about. I stand by my claim:

The RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and NOT the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (2 Corinthians 11:4)

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:8-9)

The written words of the Holy Bible contain all the essential truths that brings a person to the Salvation Grace that God offers through the Atoning Blood of Christ and there is no mention that Mary would ever join Him in Heaven as "Queen over all things," "Helper," "Advocate," Benefactress," co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," etc.

Jesus is the resurrected Saviour of mankind; There Is Proof of that.
There is no Biblical proof that Mary resurrected and was assumed up to Heaven. No Proof - No Truth!

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yes, Bird Dog, the discussion was going along about salvation and then in Post #36 Radiant1 asked the following:

And that's the reason the RCC came back into the picture - because the RCC is NOT being truthful to you nor any other parishioner about the True Salvation through Christ that is mentioned in the New Testament teachings of Jesus and His Disciples.

The RCC has added Marian theology and claims that it is the "Church" that Christ founded with Peter being the first "pope". Additionally, it is obvious that the RCC teaches that the Atoning Blood of Christ was not sufficient enough of God's Grace to bring complete forgiveness of your sins in the here and now and that you still have to be sent to a spiritual "half-way house" known as purgatory for further cleansing before being allowed into Heaven.

What's more, the RCC makes it an absolute requirement that you abide by its teachings in order to obtain salvation.

This is exposing a pseudo-Christian theology for what it is. Even though you call this "blasting the Catholic Church" it is a Biblical response that believers in Christ are responsible for telling and warning those who are caught up in following false doctrines.

Yes this pertains to the eternal Salvation of your soul and it's something you cannot afford to be wrong about. I stand by my claim:

The RCC is preaching "salvation" via another gospel, another Jesus and another Mary and NOT the True Biblical teaching of Salvation from the New Testament Accounts.

The written words of the Holy Bible contain all the essential truths that brings a person to the Salvation Grace that God offers through the Atoning Blood of Christ and there is no mention that Mary would ever join Him in Heaven as "Queen over all things," "Helper," "Advocate," Benefactress," co-Redemptrix," "Mediatrix," etc.

Jesus is the resurrected Saviour of mankind; There Is Proof of that.
There is no Biblical proof that Mary resurrected and was assumed up to Heaven. No Proof - No Truth!

I still find you to be a false prophet and a squawking parrot, as others have said.
You bring nothing to the betterment of others. You just condemn.
The only religions that condemn me to hell are yours and Islam.
Hmmmmmm?

Starman3000m

I still find you to be a false prophet and a squawking parrot, as others have said.
You bring nothing to the betterment of others. You just condemn.
The only religions that condemn me to hell are yours and Islam.
Hmmmmmm?

If there is condemnation against the RCC doctrines and dogma: Marian theology, purgatory, confessions to priests, papal authority, magisterium, etc., it is context of the Holy Bible that brings this condemnation against what the Vatican has indoctrinated you to believe.

Regarding Islam: The RCC Catechism proclaims that Muslims adore the same "god" as Catholics. That's another false teaching since an evaluation of the Qur'an compared to the Holy Bible will reveal that the Al'lah of Islam is NOT the same Creator God, Yahweh, of The Holy Bible.

There Is Only One Truth

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I'm not mad, and I have no need to show mighty muscle. I just think you're a self-righteous hypocrite. :shrug:
There is no evidence or proof that YOU know Jesus better than others.
Self righteous means someone who thinks they're superior to or better than the rest of the world. So, according to you, just because I know a lot about the Bible I'm better? I think I'm "better off", but I've never acted self righteous (by it's own definition). At least I didn't call you names and tell you to shut up... Now who would do that on here?

I've given you ample proof that I know Jesus better than many on here. You need to step out and see this objectively. I'm still waiting for YOUR proof that I don't...

Radiant1

Soul Probe
it is context of the Holy Bible that brings this condemnation against what the Vatican has indoctrinated you to believe.

:bs: Only as you interpret it, and you are an obvious bigot.

You don't think Catholics worship the same God as you either, so your opinion about Catholic-Islamic relations is moot.