Westboro Baptist in our neck of the woods

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I went but couldn't find anyone else. I stood with the PGR in front of the main school entrance, and there was no commotion. When I left, I saw a few WBCs at the corner of 228 and Bunker Hill, but it wasn't anything to get excited about.

I never saw so many cops and rescue workers in my whole entire life, though. You'd have thought this was a State funeral - it was really something and brought a tear to my eye that they all came out. There was a Celtic band and another musical group, the Color Guard was there - it was impressive.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
I went but couldn't find anyone else. I stood with the PGR in front of the main school entrance, and there was no commotion. When I left, I saw a few WBCs at the corner of 228 and Bunker Hill, but it wasn't anything to get excited about.

I never saw so many cops and rescue workers in my whole entire life, though. You'd have thought this was a State funeral - it was really something and brought a tear to my eye that they all came out. There was a Celtic band and another musical group, the Color Guard was there - it was impressive.

WTG Vrai!! I'm glad you went I wanted to go but my car is acting like a POS

Otter

Nothing to see here

:yay:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Traffic was a nightmare today in the dorf and, though I tried, I wasn't able to get anywhere near the ceremony. A Waldorf EMT friend of mine told me last night that a group of bikers follow the Westboro cult around and hold up large American flags and other signs to block the Westboro signs from the view of the funeral attendees. Did anyone see if they were there?

oldman

Lobster Land
Sorry for posting late but I was listening to the scanner all morning. The impression I got was the police were waiting at the county line for the protesters and followed them in. There was an out of the way area roped off for them which they went to but later asked if they could move across the street. They were told no. The area they were already in was reserved just for them and they had to stay put. I heard nothing at all about any trouble from either side. At one time someone said there was anticipated to be close to 200 vehicles in the procession, including 60 emergency vehicles. Believe me the local police, troopers and some others had this event well covered from beginning to end. And that's all I can add.

Sorry for posting late but I was listening to the scanner all morning. The impression I got was the police were waiting at the county line for the protesters and followed them in. There was an out of the way area roped off for them which they went to but later asked if they could move across the street. They were told no. The area they were already in was reserved just for them and they had to stay put. I heard nothing at all about any trouble from either side. At one time someone said there was anticipated to be close to 200 vehicles in the procession, including 60 emergency vehicles. Believe me the local police, troopers and some others had this event well covered from beginning to end. And that's all I can add.

Sounds like they were a non factor. Good.

DreamBlaze

Do I smell Burning Rubber

I just got back from the ride, all was well and pretty much as stated above.

kimmiekay98

i was at the funeral this morning. i'm not fire or emt, but have many friends at 12 that are. went mainly to show support for them and to show the family that people outside of the direct fire community support tayna and appericate what she did. the service was beautiful, had the celtic band playing bagpipes and drums as the crew from station 12 brought her in. westlake football team was there in their jerseys (older son plays) and both sons & dad gave speechs. the younger son was so cute standing up there. he was trying so hard not to cry. there was alot of people that could not make the trip up to timinoum where the gravesite is (the family chose to bury her at the state grounds for firefighters). the funeral procession was fairly long, lots of fire equipment from all over. was awesome just to stand there and watch all the trucks roll by. gave me goosebumps. the patriot guard was there, only saw a handful in the procession, may have been more meeting further up the road, im not sure. overall, it was a very moving experience.

if this tradegy has in any way moved you, PLEASE PLEASE volunteer with your local ems/fire station!! i grew up in st marys, and never thought twice about what these guys do until i became friends with a fire fighter. these guys risk their lives every single day for us - and they are volunteers!!! you dont have to fight fires, or be an emt, all stations need help with fundraisers and paperwork. please contact your local station and help!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Traffic was a nightmare today in the dorf and, though I tried, I wasn't able to get anywhere near the ceremony. A Waldorf EMT friend of mine told me last night that a group of bikers follow the Westboro cult around and hold up large American flags and other signs to block the Westboro signs from the view of the funeral attendees. Did anyone see if they were there?

It's not a "group of bikers that follow the cult around." Read their mission statement. Google the Patriot Guard Riders.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
It's not a "group of bikers that follow the cult around." Read their mission statement. Google the Patriot Guard Riders.
Uh, they do ride bikes so they are bikers and they do follow troublemakers (see item 2) so they OFTEN see the WBC CULT. TYVM!!

From their site:
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

bcp

In My Opinion

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.
so, how exactly does that work? Im too old and too fat to be running behind a bunch of motorcycles yelling vrooom vrooom while pretending to twist the throttle.

oldman

Lobster Land
so, how exactly does that work? Im too old and too fat to be running behind a bunch of motorcycles yelling vrooom vrooom while pretending to twist the throttle.

Bet you could if Pan Lady was armed and hot on your trail :lmao:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I'm SURE the bikes aren't running while the funeral is going on so no Vroom sound is needed. (Not that you would be heard if they WERE running, unless they were rice powered of course). :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
Bet you could if Pan Lady was armed and hot on your trail :lmao:
good point. I remember just a year or so ago, running down 214, pan lady in the VW, driving behind me, cast Iron pan welded to the side of the car at my head level, She must have car cracked me 5 or 6 times before I went into high speed and started passing people.
got a ticket for running through the school zone in my undewear at 49mph,, clocked.

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm SURE the bikes aren't running while the funeral is going on so no Vroom sound is needed. (Not that you would be heard if they WERE running, unless they were rice powered of course). :lmao:
dude,, how do you know Im not of Asian bloodline, and am now sitting here seriously injured by your rice remark?

ummmmm rice pudding,,,,,,

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
dude,, how do you know Im not of Asian bloodline, and am now sitting here seriously injured by your rice remark?

ummmmm rice pudding,,,,,,
Ah Daniel son, I know this because you use Engrish words in wong way. Bloodline would be spelled "broodrine" and rice is spelled "lice".
Asians only eat rice that they cook in wok. "No allow" rice pudding in wok! May gum up works! You know: wax on, wax off? Thank you very much preeze! :lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Damn. Too bad I'm just reading about this.

If they happen to do something in the future around here I'd like to plan a trip.:yay:

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

This is so you I found this last night and it fit you perfect.