Westboro Baptist in our neck of the woods

B

Blueyedmdgrl

I almost don't want to reply, as I feel -any- form of media coverage, irregardless of tv, newspapers, or even online forums is only empowering them....

All I can say is I am thoroughly glad they weren't at my grandfather's funeral. WW2 vet buried in a naval veteran's graveyard. I wouldn't have stood for it. Neither would my grandfather. I'd be leaving there in the back of a cop car.

I understand what you're saying. We just buried my Uncle a WW2 Vet..I'd be the same way....

That's why I got my warning tonight from a buddy of mine who's a Charles County cop..... I'd never do anything at the funeral....Tanya would kick my butt for one..if she knew what I wanted to do....lol.. and out of respect for her family....but it makes me soo upset and pissed off...I really do hope that NO MEDIA...covers one inch of their bull...

I

Inkpen

I understand what you're saying. We just buried my Uncle a WW2 Vet..I'd be the same way....

That's why I got my warning tonight from a buddy of mine who's a Charles County cop..... I'd never do anything at the funeral....Tanya would kick my butt for one..if she knew what I wanted to do....lol.. and out of respect for her family....but it makes me soo upset and pissed off...I really do hope that NO MEDIA...covers one inch of their bull...

These idiots want you to react to them..that way they gain power over you.

Ignore them and their insane behavior and you win, as do all of us. Don't give into their insanity...they are counting on that to stregthen their cause.
IOW: Dont let them push your buttons.!!!!

Hold you head up and think of all the good things Tanya and other EMTs have done and be proud of all of them and honor Tanya and her sacrifice!!!

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
That is just beyond disgusting..... how do these people live with theirselves?

I almost don't want to reply, as I feel -any- form of media coverage, irregardless of tv, newspapers, or even online forums is only empowering them....
All I can say is I am thoroughly glad they weren't at my grandfather's funeral. WW2 vet buried in a naval veteran's graveyard. I wouldn't have stood for it. Neither would my grandfather. I'd be leaving there in the back of a cop car.

and bet your azz they are watching these and other forums!!!

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
and bet your azz they are watching these and other forums!!!

I heard from the Patriot Guard that alot of the time they don't even show up. Or when they do the crowd is so small that the Patriot guard overpowers them as far as the family being able to see them.

Wilona

Are they protesting at the funerals of all that died in the accident? I only read that they would be a Tanya's.

rottenredhead

Oldie w/newbie name
No, they'll also be at South Potomac church in White Plains, Md 10:15-11am. At least that's what it say's on their website.

bastages. That's MY church.

bcp

In My Opinion
No, they'll also be at South Potomac church in White Plains, Md 10:15-11am. At least that's what it say's on their website.

bastages. That's MY church.
even though generally open to the public, a church is private property.
if they showed up on your churches property, I would either demand they come in and pray for forgiveness, or leave the property.

if they refused to do either, I would have the arrested for tresspassing.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

if they refused to do either, I would have the arrested for tresspassing.

Somehow, I foresee them having no problem whatsoever with being arrested for trespassing. :ohwell:
Now, if someone were to feel the WBB folks were a threat and happened to defend their private property...well then :whistle:

J

jp2854

yup i think they will they had something on there website for people to clear there calanders to ride tomorrow for tonya mallard (I dont know if i spelled her name right). I think the wbb is really a bunch of a-holes. I mean let teh family grieve in peace.

JimW711

Driving the Z
I just spoke to my nephew a few minutes ago. His dad (my brother) was a retired Maryland State Trooper before he passed away last year. He lives near Gamber there in Carroll County, and he told me there had to be at least 300 police cars at the funeral of Michael Libby today.

If we have anywhere near that tomorrow, the Westboro Baptist Church may be chewing off a bit more than they can handle

kelb

art imitating life
:eyebrow: I'm trying but no one else want to head up there :mad:

Its funny because everyone in the thread said they wanted to go! LOL Sorry though... I just cant.. but I went the that website just can't belive what is on it. OMG those people are crazy...

Mojo

Who went? Did anything exciting happen? A fight almost broke out at my kids soccer game :bigwhoop:

T

tiny_dancer33

I went to be with the counter-protesters when they picketed Rosa Parks' funeral in DC. It was beautiful - the counter-protesters totally outnumber these sad twisted people every time. A friend of mine in Ohio had a military boyfriend who was injured in Iraq and in critical condition, and the WBC showed up outside the hospital where he and several other soldiers were staying, with their usual "IEDs are punishments for fags" signs. She was so incredibly upset the whole weekend - and then on the second day all these groups - churches, groups of friends, just a lot of people, showed up and made rings around the hospital and sang songs and held signs up in the WBC's face, like they were shielding the hospital. I wish I still had pictures. Goes to show that human decency from total strangers outweighs their hate.