What a Kennedy ...

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
I'm sure Goss stepping down cleared them of that responsibility. :lol:
I saw he stepped down but had not read the story yet. Does it involve scandal? Was he found face down in a hookers house in a puddle of his own drool, naked and high on heroin?

Did he crash his CIA car into a barrier while wearing womens clothes drunk with a bag of mushorroms on the seat?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Pete said:
I saw he stepped down but had not read the story yet. Does it involve scandal? Was he found face down in a hookers house in a puddle of his own drool, naked and high on heroin?

Did he crash his CIA car into a barrier while wearing womens clothes drunk with a bag of mushorroms on the seat?

Not that I'm aware of, but ...
Goss and his wife own a central Virginia farm, where they raise cattle, sheep and chickens.
Maybe something scandalous will come out related to this. :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Penn said:
Last night on Scarborough Country, it was suggested that one of the prime reasons Rep. Kennedy is checking into the Mayo Clinic, is to take himself out of the public arena.

Reporters cannot enter the medical clinic to hound him over the misstatements he had made over the last two days.

Like, "I never consumed any alcohol that night", then "I can't even remember getting out of bed that morning".(let alone remember if I had a drink or two)

First he claimed the reaction was from pain killers, then he said it might have been from the combination anti-depressants he was also taking.

Somebody let this dude down; either his physician failed to caution him about the side effects of those medications he was prescribed, or he himself failed to read and heed the warnings(s) on the label of those medical bottles.
Nobody let him down, he's an adult, a HIGHLY educated adult, that was driving under the influence.. who cares if it's drugs (Prescribed or otherwise) if it was a pedestrian he hit instead of a barrier, the pedestrian would be no less dead. And he still wouldn't remember it.

He NEEDS to go to jail, for driving under the infuluence, and to FINALLY prove that no famous white person is above the law. THEN there needs to be an investigation of the Capital Police to find out why he wasn't given a sobriety test, and to see if the police union is telling the truth about the brass getting in the way of the investigation.

I think all the Kennedy's should be put in jail for their self protection from their own stupidity.

willie

Dupontster said:
I bet Cynthia McKinny is glad to hear all this...Took some of the pressure off her...Those 2 dumb arses should hook up...
This stupid decision by the Capitol Police "brass" to chauffeur this menace home is going to torpedo the legitimate case against that racist McKinney. The patrol officers that wanted to do their job (Breathalyzer, etc.) should be commended and the brass should be flipping burgers.

ylexot

Super Genius
Pete said:
I am shocked. It has been almost 3 days and none of the liberals have come rushing in and done the distraction thing using Rush Limbaugh.
The left must be mad at Kennedy for taking away their "Rush is a dope fiend" tactic. :shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
itsbob said:
He NEEDS to go to jail, for driving under the influence, and to FINALLY prove that no famous white person is above the law. THEN there needs to be an investigation of the Capital Police to find out why he wasn't given a sobriety test, and to see if the police union is telling the truth about the brass getting in the way of the investigation.

I think all the Kennedy's should be put in jail for their self protection from their own stupidity.

Your last statement is most assuredly astute. I asked of the first one in an earlier post.

Furthermore, why anyone would vote any of these clowns into office is a mystery to me, given the history of this family.

The quote "doesn't drop very far from the tree" seems more than adequate.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I just noticed this news item, while browsing MSNBC:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/05/06/in_ri_city_longstanding_confidence_is_shaken/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+National+News

In R.I. city, longstanding confidence is shaken

By Michael Levenson and Andrea Estes, Globe Staff | May 6, 2006

PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- Among the patrons at the News Café, an airy bar downtown, the debate erupted almost as soon as Representative Patrick J. Kennedy finished making his emotional appearance on a television above the liquor bottles and colored lights

Bobby LaBonte was not impressed...............

ylexot

Super Genius
Penn said:
I just noticed this news item, while browsing MSNBC:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/05/06/in_ri_city_longstanding_confidence_is_shaken/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+National+News

In R.I. city, comatose citizens show signs of brain activity

By Michael Levenson and Andrea Estes, Globe Staff | May 6, 2006

PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- Among the patrons at the News Café, an airy bar downtown, the debate erupted almost as soon as Representative Patrick J. Kennedy finished making his emotional appearance on a television above the liquor bottles and colored lights

Bobby LaBonte was not impressed...............
:fixed:

crabcake said:

Kennedy yesterday said that an aide to U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) who moonlights as a waitress at the Hawk ’N Dove bar told police Kennedy was in the watering hole before he crashed his Mustang into a security barrier near the U.S. Capitol in May.

“It’s quite possible he was in,” Meagher said. “We wouldn’t be surprised but we have no proof that he was or wasn’t here.”

A Kennedy spokeswoman, however, said, “He was never at that establishment.”

“Every day I’m on my knees thanking God that I didn’t hurt somebody,” he said. “This was an opportunity for me to get my life back on track. Frankly, I didn’t know how miserable I was until I started feeling better.”

Wow... one month later and he's all better now....:rolleyes:

ylexot

Super Genius
Treat me like I'm black, sez Teddy's son
Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill.

Denying that he was drunk and or that he asked the Capitol Police for preferential treatment, Kennedy, a Rhode Island congressman, said he's prepared "in terms of bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do."

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said in a shaky voice, referring to the mostly minority neighborhood in southeastern Washington.
:dork:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
From the last article:

"But Kennedy also said he should not have gotten behind the wheel after taking Ambien, a popular sleeping aid prescribed to 26 million Americans last year.

"It says on the directions: Do not operate heavy machinery under this drug," he said. "So whether it's alcohol or drugs, any impaired driving is wrong."

Shortly after the accident, Kennedy announced he was seeking treatment for painkiller addiction because he could not remember crashing his car and being driven home by police."

Hell, didn't he also state that he couldn't remember getting out of bed that morning? :shocking:

"No sweat, I'll just jump behind the wheel of my Mustang - nobody will notice a thing!"

After 3 weeks in rehab he is out and cured and says that he is ready to be treated like any other black man from Anacostia. Fingerprinted, Mug shot, the works.

What does this mean?? Who knows?. Does he think he is black? He damned sure doesnt stay in Anacostia. Its too late for the drug ahnd alcohol test any black man from Anacostia would have gotten.

No i am not kidding he made this statement. For real. Sounds a bit racist to me.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Tom Sawyer said:
After 3 weeks in rehab he is out and cured and says that he is ready to be treated like any other black man from Anacostia. Fingerprinted, Mug shot, the works.

What does this mean?? Who knows?. Does he think he is black? He damned sure doesnt stay in Anacostia. Its too late for the drug ahnd alcohol test any black man from Anacostia would have gotten.

No i am not kidding he made this statement. For real. Sounds a bit racist to me.

Sounds like his physician may have prescribed some new drugs for him?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tom...

Tom Sawyer said:

...what he is saying is; it's not my fault, it's societies fault.

He is NOT all better.

SamSpade

Tom Sawyer said:
After 3 weeks in rehab he is out and cured and says that he is ready to be treated like any other black man from Anacostia.

Right, cuz when you're black and smash through a barrier near the Capitol and you're from Anacostia, the cops play nice with you and give you a ride home. That's what they're there for.

Happens ALL the time.

Ok, now I'm *SURE* he's on drugs now.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'm thinking some of these people have a common disease.

It's called: "Too long in office."

Seems the longer they stay in their congressional seat, the worse it gets. :ohwell: