What am I missing about this???

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
No. It was clear what he said. I realize you have a duty to defend his poor behavior but his words were clear.
Yes his words were clear. He would rather have them contained on the ship, but authorizes the experts to do what they think is right in regard to bringing them ashore for additional quarantine time and or treatment.

Now, as the passengers and infected crew get offloaded, how many others will come into contact with the infected as they depart the ship, get transported and get housed at the quarantine facility?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was wondering who was getting caught up in the media fueled hysteria and buying up all the dust masks. :killingme

Well, now you know....

this illness is decimating the over 65 population...

There are a number of over 65s in south Texas that didn't get the memo that they're supposed to be decimated. None of my friends or relatives are dead of coronavirus, either. Not even sick.

Not sure where you're getting your information, but your rhetoric is demonstrably not true.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What are “they“ distracting us from.......🤔

The job numbers and trying to tank the stock market.

Or it could just be a test to make sure they still have an iron grip on a good bit of the population and can manipulate them. Truby seems to be still in the cult.

I don't fear the government as much as I fear an uneducated hysterical mob with their torches and pitchforks.

Reactions: BOP

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Well, now you know....

There are a number of over 65s in south Texas that didn't get the memo that they're supposed to be decimated. None of my friends or relatives are dead of coronavirus, either. Not even sick.

Not sure where you're getting your information, but your rhetoric is demonstrably not true.
Come talk to me in 6 months

truby20

Fighting like a girl
The job numbers and trying to tank the stock market.

Or it could just be a test to make sure they still have an iron grip on a good bit of the population and can manipulate them. Truby seems to be still in the cult.

I don't fear the government as much as I fear an uneducated hysterical mob with their torches and pitchforks.
Wall Street doesn’t give too hoots about the Democrats, other than making sure they don’t get into power.

Again, the party that couldn’t win Pennsylvania somehow how concocted a global pandemic....the mental gymnastics you folks have to put yourself through to support dear leader

phreddyp

Wall Street doesn’t give too hoots about the Democrats, other than making sure they don’t get into power.

Again, the party that couldn’t win Pennsylvania somehow how concocted a global pandemic....the mental gymnastics you folks have to put yourself through to support dear leader
Global pandemic ? What the F**k planet are you on ? A population over 7 billion what if even 300,000 are infected still miniscule amount. When you compare the black death 30 % of Europe dead . History is certainly not your strong point.

Over 200 people are coming to the ER daily, needing 200 beds, beds that haven’t been opened by anyone recovering

this illness is decimating the over 65 population... guess this is about to take care of our Social Security, Medicare, long term/nursing home care, and housing problem (lots of empty homes about to enter the market in a year or so).

Truby, this is a serious question.

Let us say this was a 'natural borne' virus and it decimates vulnerable clusters of the world's population. What does anyone expect could be done to prevent it from happening? It is widely spread to others before the infected even know they are infected, there is no preventative, no specific treatment, no cure. No amount of money thrown at it will make it go away or stop it from spreading. No government body, legislation, or mandates can stop it.

What does anyone expect to be done that would stop this from happening? I can think of nothing. The only thing that could be done would be to try to slow the spread.

As for the hospitals filling up and beds not emptying because folks are not recovering... that says to me there isn't even anything hospitals can do much different for them different than what is being done on a ship.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Truby, this is a serious question.

Let us say this was a 'natural borne' virus and it decimates vulnerable clusters of the world's population. What does anyone expect could be done to prevent it from happening? It is widely spread to others before the infected even know they are infected, there is no preventative, no specific treatment, no cure. No amount of money thrown at it will make it go away or stop it from spreading. No government body, legislation, or mandates can stop it.

What does anyone expect to be done that would stop this from happening? I can think of nothing.
Proper testing would be a start. We know a test exists, other countries have tested multiple thousands. People who test positive shouldn’t fly, shouldn’t take a cruise, shouldn’t visit a nursing home, until they no longer test positive for active virus. Just some common sense stuff, those that are infected can limit their impact....but the problem is they don’t know they are infected because we haven’t distributed the test.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...but the problem is they don’t know they are infected because we haven’t distributed the test.

The new test protocol is headed out this week, reportedly.

What are you conspiracy and panic freaks going to latch on to next?..after this little Coronavirus thing blows over and barely more people die from that than from injected toenails...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Proper testing would be a start. We know a test exists, other countries have tested multiple thousands. People who test positive shouldn’t fly, shouldn’t take a cruise, shouldn’t visit a nursing home, until they no longer test positive for active virus. Just some common sense stuff, those that are infected can limit their impact....but the problem is they don’t know they are infected because we haven’t distributed the test.

Are you still going out in public? Even though you think you are most likely infected with deadly coronavirus and Typhoid Marying everyone around you and we're all going to die because of you?

That's a real question: are you self-quaratining? If not, why not?

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Okay, I will. No doubt by then you'll have forgotten that you were supposed to be dead of coronavirus and will be on to some other media manufactured hysteria, though.
If the all clear is called before then I’ll be sure to acknowledge it, I’m usually pretty reliable on here when it comes to my timelines.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Are you still going out in public? Even though you think you are most likely infected with deadly coronavirus and Typhoid Marying everyone around you and we're all going to die because of you?

Can't be as bad as that AIDS thing. I thought I was never going to get over that....phew!...sure hope I never catch it again.

truby20

Fighting like a girl

I’m not infected, I didn’t attend CPAC.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If the all clear is called before then I’ll be sure to acknowledge it, I’m usually pretty reliable on here when it comes to my timelines.
How many million US citizens are you predicting will perish?...give or take a few million...

I'll answer too because this post ties into my perspective on the subject.

The vast majority of people are going to go about their lives as they normally would. Regardless of how concerned any of us are about the potential exposure, we dont have much choice but to still interact in society.