What am I missing about this???

truby20

Fighting like a girl
In broad terms, it's diabetes, respiratory conditions (e.g., COPD, asthma), autoimmune diseases (the condition itself, but also where people are on biologics which suppress the immune system), heart disease/history of heart attacks. The commonality among these is a lack of strength/reserve capacity to "wait out" the virus.

--- End of line (MCP)
Obesity and smoking are huge risk factors

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Well, no one can say that COVID-19 has no upside! Well, at least for the NFL as the pandemic saved the league from an almost certain shutdown/lock-out/strike (i.e., the NFLPA wasn't looking to vote in favor):

Short blog post. Here's the key bit:
As one source said, based on communications with multiple players (some of whom had in turn communicated with multiple players), the vote was “definitely failing” until the COVID-19 crisis sparked a stock-market crash and demonstrated conclusively that the “fear of what may happen” (which some who opposed the CBA cited derisively) is a real and legitimate factor in matters of this nature.

So silver linings for some folks....

Cheers!

--- End of line (MCP)

stgislander

PREMO Member
I see on the MD Dept of Health live map that Frederick County as of this morning's update has a confirmed case. Plus the Eastern Shore has a confirmed case.