What are the kids asking Santa for this year?

Cowgirl

The company was founded in 1986. I don't know how long it took for them to catch on, but I can't imagine too many of your friends actually had them.

Well, I never had one, but several of my friends did have them. I had a few of the books though.

lovinmaryland

The company hasn't been around that long...your girlfriend must STILL be a little girl.

And I didn't say I was going to get my girl one....heck, she's got more dolls than she knows what to do with, she certainly doesn't need another...especially an expensive one that is only going to get lost in the crowd.

Yeah she is young, around 20. But I remember wanting one when I was little and I am 31. I never got one though :bawl:

CubeFarmer

My MIL likes the idea of being able to buy the girls clothes to match the doll. Problem is, my older daughter is now too big for the clothes that match the baby doll. I can so see my MIL buying the big AG doll just so she can buy my daughter the outfits. Both of my girls have the same baby doll. The only difference between them is that my older daughter took a magic marker to hers when she was about 3, and some of it never washed off. My younger one plays with them both, plus a half dozen el-cheapo babies. She doesn't care about the name-brand status like my older daughter does.

I believe ehow or similar search has tips to take perm. marker off the face of the doll. My daughters doll has pen on it too...I thought it was ruined BUT if my younger does decide to take an interest in AG down the road and I cant get the mark out then I may send it to the AG store-Its roughly 25.00 (plus s/h) for a new head

*sigh* i tried to show my daughter doll beds on eBay-generic doll beds....nope she KNOWS. She was like, I like that one! of course it was the AG 110.00 bed. seriously, you have to be kidding. Thats for another holiday i guess. I draw the line though-she started down the road of talking about the camper-the camper......I looked it up-its 295.00 Thats just insane. I NEED TO FIND A "FRIEND" THAT WOULD LIKE TO UNLOAD THEIR OLD AG STUFF ;) LOL i would GLADLY accept it! (I would of course pay for it!)