What are those horses

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Chocolate and white Rocky mountain horses.
Undeniably gorgeous, and why i have them.

Attachments

• gambler11.jpg
    gambler11.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 58

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
I'm still thinking Chestnut. And, btw, BEAUTIFUL horses.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
BS Gal said:
I'm still thinking Chestnut. And, btw, BEAUTIFUL horses.
chestnut is red (also called sorrel but same color) and can be liver (red is so dark it looks like brown) chestnut and double flax which would look like a chocolate with white m/tailed horse. white mane/tail could be double flaxen which would appear white/yellow colored.

Last edited:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Sabino is a horse with a lot of 'chrome'... socks and blaze and a lot of white... Tobiano, which is a pattern with a lot of white patches.. high socks...

still thinkin'

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
Sabino is a horse with a lot of 'chrome'... socks and blaze and a lot of white... Tobiano, which is a pattern with a lot of white patches.. high socks...

still thinkin'
not all sabino horses have a lot of chrome...some only have the ticking, and minimal white (chrome), but still carry the gene.

There is also rabicino. :biggrin: And all the other paint patterns :crazy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Four*Leaf*Farm said:

still thinkin'
This was back in the 70's. They weren't so sophisticated back then and we were just looking for horses for a teenager, nothing to show, something to ride bareback. I just remember that if you read an ad for a horse, when we were looking for one, if it said "....." it meant it had a blond tail and mane. This is making me nuts :jameo:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Four*Leaf*Farm said:

still thinkin'

A sabino does not have to have chrome..

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
A sabino does not have to have chrome..
too slow :lol:

hey i bought marilyn's columbian saddle. well....she bought my barefoot saddle and i took cash plus that saddle. :biggrin: what saddle pad do i need for it?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
They were not that dark. Kind of a sorrell with a blonde tail and mane.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
happyappygirl said:
not all sabino horses have a lot of chrome...some only have the ticking, and minimal white (chrome), but still carry the gene.

There is also rabicino. :biggrin: And all the other paint patterns :crazy:
you are right.. there are minimal sabino's out there..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The term I was thinking it was is "buckskin," but they are lighter with dark tails and manes I think. :ohwell:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
Yep...sounds like a buckskin...and none of us guessed that last nite... :lmao:
:roflmao: Well, that was the term I was trying to think of, but it doesn't have anything to do with the horse color I was thinking of. I was thinking that a buckskin had a light tail and mane. I've been away from the horsey world for about 30 years......

Giddy up!

BS Gal said:
:roflmao: Well, that was the term I was trying to think of, but it doesn't have anything to do with the horse color I was thinking of. I was thinking that a buckskin had a light tail and mane. I've been away from the horsey world for about 30 years......
Ya had it wrong sista..lol...buckskins grullas..dun...dark tails and mains lighter bodys..but it verys..and they usually have dorsal stripe down the back too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
Ya had it wrong sista..lol...buckskins grullas..dun...dark tails and mains lighter bodys..but it verys..and they usually have dorsal stripe down the back too.
Well, I want one of those.