What are those horses

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
I know some one that has one..she may be for sale too...she just had a baby..the foal is about 5 months old now.
I can't have a horse. I can't afford it.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
Im right there with ya...I just borrow Pasos! :lmao: I love my Bubba!
My co-worker got a horse not long ago. I think she bought it from someone on here because you all were looking for her. She doesn't put shoes on it or give it rabies shots or anything.

Giddy up!

BS Gal said:
My co-worker got a horse not long ago. I think she bought it from someone on here because you all were looking for her. She doesn't put shoes on it or give it rabies shots or anything.
Well legally you cant give your own rabies here in md...must be done by a vet. Your stateing she isnt taking care of the horse?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
Well legally you cant give your own rabies here in md...must be done by a vet. Your stateing she isnt taking care of the horse?
She's taking care of it. It is well fed, brushed, etc. She says she is having someone come over and administer shots and stuff this fall. I really wonder about putting shoes on horses. Is it necessary? She only rides on trails.

Giddy up!

BS Gal said:
She's taking care of it. It is well fed, brushed, etc. She says she is having someone come over and administer shots and stuff this fall. I really wonder about putting shoes on horses. Is it necessary? She only rides on trails.
Alot of horses are good to go with out shoes...but there are a few with sensitive hooves and need them..sometimes shoes are worn to correct hoof problems..it just depends on the horse. you will know too if he needs shoes! Ever walked across your dirt drive way barefooted and ya know what ya look like when your doing it..well seen a few horses walk that same way on a gravel road..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Giddy up! said:
Alot of horses are good to go with out shoes...but there are a few with sensitive hooves and need them..sometimes shoes are worn to correct hoof problems..it just depends on the horse. you will know too if he needs shoes! Ever walked across your dirt drive way barefooted and ya know what ya look like when your doing it..well seen a few horses walk that same way on a gravel road..
How much do shoes cost these days. When I had a horse, it was $12/shoe. That was a LONG time ago.

Giddy up!

BS Gal said:
How much do shoes cost these days. When I had a horse, it was $12/shoe. That was a LONG time ago.
Not sure...also depends on if you need all four or just the front two..most time peeps just do the front two.

fredsaid2

BS Gal said:

With my farrier all four are $120, fronts are $60.
Many horses are perfectly fine w/o shoes.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Giddy up! said:
Ya had it wrong sista..lol...buckskins grullas..dun...dark tails and mains lighter bodys..but it verys..and they usually have dorsal stripe down the back too.
If it has a dorsal stripe it's a dunskin.
Buckskins don't have a stripe. :huggy:

A buckskin horse is a bay horse with the creme gene that lightens the red body of the bay horse, but doesn't affect black at all. The black legs, mane and tail are the agouti gene putting black on the "points". I know TMI :lol: but i LOVE color stuff.

Giddy up!

happyappygirl said:
If it has a dorsal stripe it's a dunskin.
Buckskins don't have a stripe. :huggy:

A buckskin horse is a bay horse with the creme gene that lightens the red body of the bay horse, but doesn't affect black at all. The black legs, mane and tail are the agouti gene putting black on the "points". I know TMI :lol: but i LOVE color stuff.
Ok..you made that sound alot clearer then what I read online..I dont know how you keep up with that gene stuff..but I give ya a high five sista! :lmao:

covekat

BS Gal said:

Wondering why you are still harping on your coworker's horse practices?

Letting a horse go barefoot is a good thing, unless they really need shoes...

Me thinks maybe you should buddy up to her, maybe she will let you ride her horse, since you cant afford one... just a thought!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
covekat said:
Wondering why you are still harping on your coworker's horse practices?

Letting a horse go barefoot is a good thing, unless they really need shoes...

Me thinks maybe you should buddy up to her, maybe she will let you ride her horse, since you cant afford one... just a thought!

Where do you see me HARPING?

I was asking questions. I don't give a crap whether her horse has shoes or not and I know she is knowledgeable and responsible enough to recognize whether her horse needs shoes or not.

She has invited me to come ride any time I want to.

covekat

Just remembering previous posts that you wrote about your co-worker...I seem to remember you getting everyone riled up about her not taking care of it...