What businesses should be replaced in Southern Md?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
LaPlata does not need so many drug stores within one mile, in addition to the pharmacy at Target. They definitely don't need TWO drugstores open all night, just a mile apart. The staff sit there all night with nothing to do, this is very inefficient.

LaPlata could use a second, or a bigger, Texas Roadhouse. The existing one had a humongous waiting line of about 110 people outside, the other Friday night.

And in Waldorf, I never understood why the inexpensive bowling alley (that was on Post Office Road) closed some years ago, but the more expensive alley somehow stayed in business.

Mmmm .... steak ...... yeah if you don't pick the right time of day to show up. you'll be waiting a while.

Or replace the K-Mart in Prince Frederick with a Target. The Wal-Mart is not the greatest, but they've invested in new lighting, food aisles, etc. The K-mart is horrid.

thurley42

HY;FR

Attachments

• _57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png
    _57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 54

BernieP

Resident PIA
How about a gentlemans club?

there are not enough "gentleman" to make it worthwhiel :D

2 reasons, (1)the holier than thou crowd would have it shut down - but the tiki bar and other bars that get nasty aren't a problem.
(2) I believe the state law in MD doesn't allow liquor sales in such places, making it even less than profitable.

DEEKAYPEE8569

there are not enough "gentleman" to make it worthwhiel :D

2 reasons, (1)the holier than thou crowd would have it shut down - but the tiki bar and other bars that get nasty aren't a problem.
(2) I believe the state law in MD doesn't allow liquor sales in such places, making it even less than profitable.

Isn't the expression, "not zoned for that"?

bcp

In My Opinion
How about a gentlemans club?

Can you yell "SHOW ME YOUR TITS" in a gentleman's club or would you get thrown out for not being a gentleman anymore???

(This is based on yelling the above phrase to a female and not to one of the other gentlemen, that would be a different reason for being thrown out)

garyt27

INAFJ
Put in a place like the Hangar Club south of the base, you got an instant hit.
Especially on "ladies" night.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Put in a place like the Hangar Club south of the base, you got an instant hit.
Especially on "ladies" night.

Old haunt of mine back in the day, before the male dancers. The Hubcaps played there all the time. Ahhhh great memories.

As for one being a hit here, I'm sure it would. Just curious, does the military still have the power to 'off limits' establishments?

:coffee: