What Do You Watch?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Watching the Twilight Zone reboot right now. Just like the original show, each episode is independent of the other shows. They had 1 episode of astronauts on the launch pad, when Russia launches nukes at the US. The bombs are due to hit in 30 minutes. They are suppose to scrub the mission but they launch anyway. They had a great set up that looked like a true futuristic space capsule. I could see making a series on this premise.

Homecoming on Amazon Prime... dark and subtle, but you keep watching and it pays off at the end.

Watched The Bodyguard on NETFLIX and it was a one and done season (no cliffhanger leaving you wondering if there is more) and kept us hooked to the end.

Unbelieveable -- "limited series" on NETFLIX. Interesting story worth watching but the grabber is it is all based on a true story. Makes the ending memorable indeed.

CPUSA

This past Spring & Summer...I've been watching the garden veggies grow.

This fall, it will be the grass...and it's STILL more interesting than anything on TV...

Homer J

Power Chord
You Tube.

MN Millennial Farmer (Pretty much what it says)
10th Generation Dairyman (PA dairy farmer)
Cleetus McFarland (Crazy car stuff)
Demolition Ranch & Off The Ranch (Guns & other stuff)
Kentucky Ballistics (Guns)
Julie Nolke (Sketch comedy)
The Proper People (Urban exploration)
Steve1989MREInfo ( MRE reviews) ps: this guy will eat almost anything.
Vice Grip Garage (Car resurrection)

Thats only about half of my subscriptions.

UglyBear

If you desire something completely different...
Netflix, two Russian shows:
  1. To the Lake, a post-pandemic escape adventure, shot in 2019
  2. Better than us, a futuristic robot/AI drama

As much as I hate Putin and vowed to boycott anything from Russia after his little victorious adventure several years ago, these are good shows, and I binged them — a true guilty pleasure

stgislander

PREMO Member
Scanning YouTube clips, I stumbled upon a German series titled Maximilian about young Emperor Maximilian I. German language with English subtitles. Originally aired on Starz, but can be purchased on Amazon Prime for $13.99 a season. I really enjoy historical drama pieces so I may just bite the bullet and order.

UglyBear

For some weird reason, I’m really enjoying these on Amazon:
Tudor Monastery Farm
Victorian Farm

Simple premise of three historians living for a year in “period” lifestyle as farmers. Just calm, happy and really well done.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
For some weird reason, I’m really enjoying these on Amazon:
Tudor Monastery Farm
Victorian Farm

Simple premise of three historians living for a year in “period” lifestyle as farmers. Just calm, happy and really well done.
Some of the favorite shows I've watched were period reality series. Top 1 was Frontier House. Followed by Texas Ranch House.

They are anything but calm. There is a lot of drama between the characters. I feel the producers go out of their way to stir the pot.

Some old threads about that subject...

Period reality shows | Southern Maryland Community Forums (somd.com)

Texas Ranch House | Southern Maryland Community Forums (somd.com)

Pioneer Quest - A year in the real west | Southern Maryland Community Forums (somd.com)

Last edited: