What is up with lisanti?

thefbcritic

What is up with Chopticon's varsity team?

He has 2 good winning seasons then he just drops off the deep end. I know he lost players but so did Great Mills and they haven't had a winning season in years. He hasn't won a game griff has won three whats up does chopticon need a new coach or is it the players who's fault is it?

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
He has 2 good winning seasons then he just drops off the deep end. I know he lost players but so did Great Mills and they haven't had a winning season in years. He hasn't won a game griff has won three whats up does chopticon need a new coach post here to speak your mind.

:cds: I think this has been discussed around here already.

Rebuilding season and a wicked sick tough first half of the schedule. They should get some wins here in the next couple weeks.

baydreams

:cds: I think this has been discussed around here already.

Rebuilding season and a wicked sick tough first half of the schedule. They should get some wins here in the next couple weeks.

Gee's Lisanti sucked when I went to school there, I can't believe he's still coaching. If he's had some winning season's you can guarantee it was because he had winning players, definitely not due to his winning coaching skills.

JMO! :elaine:

dolemite

He has 2 good winning seasons then he just drops off the deep end. I know he lost players but so did Great Mills and they haven't had a winning season in years. He hasn't won a game griff has won three whats up does chopticon need a new coach post here to speak your mind.

:smack: Why do people keep putting it on the coach? So it's the coaches fault that one of his players didn't catch the ball? It's the coaches fault if one of his players missed the tackle? It's the coaches fault if other players are faster and stronger than his?

I never went to Chopticon, I went to Great Mills but it's sad to see someone like yourself rant and complain and just sit in the bleachers and do nothing.:lalala:

baydreams

:smack: Why do people keep putting it on the coach? So it's the coaches fault that one of his players didn't catch the ball? It's the coaches fault if one of his players missed the tackle? It's the coaches fault if other players are faster and stronger than his?

I never went to Chopticon, I went to Great Mills but it's sad to see someone like yourself rant and complain and just sit in the bleachers and do nothing.:lalala:

No, it can't be blamed on the coach when its a player error, but if its a play-calling issue, then it will be a coaching thing.

Zguy28

I know him personally. He's a good coach and he lost 20 starters from his varsity team who graduated last year. He also lost his starting running back to injury prior to the Westlake game. Not to mention their schedule has been hard with Westlake, Gwynn Park etc.

This isn't the first time you've taken the time to be bitter towards him on here. What, did he cut you from his team or something?

Did you come on here and say similar things about Coach Griffith the last few years? Or what about Leonardtown? They ain't doing so hot either.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I know him personally. He's a good coach and he lost 20 starters from his varsity team who graduated last year. He also lost his starting running back to injury prior to the Westlake game. Not to mention their schedule has been hard with Westlake, Gwynn Park etc.

This isn't the first time you've taken the time to be bitter towards him on here. What, did he cut you from his team or something?

Did you come on here and say similar things about Coach Griffith the last few years? Or what about Leonardtown? They ain't doing so hot either.

:clap: No one will ever say anything about Leonardtown. :nono:

mizteresa1965

:yay:

You get 'em Z!! :boxing:

And last time I check, it's a TEAM effort......not one person. Lay off Lisanti ya'all!!

yeti

Thanks Z......Coach Lisanti is a great coach, dedicated teacher and all around good person. To base a person on the start of a season after loosing 20 starters is so ludicrous.

As someone said when this was brought up before....

One of main reasons for this is that there has been no youth program in the North End of St. Mary’s County for the last four or five years (since the Raiders were formed). Thankfully there is now an organized youth program (SMYFL) in the North End and Chopticon will be getting a plethora of kids that understand the fundamentals when they get to High School. However, this will take a few years to trickle up…..most likely four years since that is how long it has taken Chopticon to see the effects of not having a youth program.

It’s kind of like if you slack off in middle school, you have trouble in high school. Its even more difficult if you were to skip middle school all together and go right to high school......

Last edited:

thefbcritic

I know i'm not bashing him i'm just asking for comments

thefbcritic

No I didn't get cut I never played high school ball but they scored more points friday then all season

thefbcritic

:yay:

You get 'em Z!! :boxing:

And last time I check, it's a TEAM effort......not one person. Lay off Lisanti ya'all!!

Like i said i'm not bashing lisanti i'm asking who do you think the blame should be on. An to zguy28 IT is the coach's fault if his player's are not faster, stronger, bigger, and better tacklers because he recrutied them and he trains them, right? So i'm asking who's fault it is and most parent's in the stands blame him.

yeti

No I didn't get cut I never played high school ball but they scored more points friday then all season

A critic on high school football that has never played high school football, unbelievable but not surprising from a self proclaimed critic.

While some parents are disappointed loosing, all the parents in the stands like the Chopticon coaching staff and have never "blame" him.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Interestingly enough saying a team is no good because they lost a lot of their starters doesn't really stand up. The opposite is happening at GMHS
I have never seen a team like GMHS had for the last few years. They were terrible. They had bad attitudes, lousy work ethics and played poorly because of it. Those guys have left and the JV team that I saw last year has come through as if they were in a totally different school. Lackey's players were dragging half way through the third quarter whereas GMHS were ready to go. They ran everywhere. Real team spirit.
What a difference, maybe it's a blessing to get a new team.
Sometimes you get good ones, sometimes not.
But you have to have continuity in training. Griff has been head coach since this particular set of players entered GMHS. They know him and they know his game. This continuity is what has me thinking about our sacred opponent Leonardtown. There was a great article in the Post about the "Pistol Spread Offense". How wonderful it is, how difficult it is to defend, how complicated it is. It even has it's own web site! Yet LHS has won 6 out of 24 with it. If this offense ever gets in place it has to be drummed in to every youth football kid from the youngest all the way to High School. Then it will be an awesome sight to see.
Until then, it's a dream. A dream that every other coach will be getting ready to defend against. It's not that easy.
BTW - Chopticon is ranked better statewide than either GMHS or LHS - and they have not won a game yet!