What is up with lisanti?

Zguy28

Interestingly enough saying a team is no good because they lost a lot of their starters doesn't really stand up. The opposite is happening at GMHS
I have never seen a team like GMHS had for the last few years. They were terrible. They had bad attitudes, lousy work ethics and played poorly because of it. Those guys have left and the JV team that I saw last year has come through as if they were in a totally different school. Lackey's players were dragging half way through the third quarter whereas GMHS were ready to go. They ran everywhere. Real team spirit.
I'm not sure if you are disagreeing with me or agreeing with me? But I respect you all the same. :buddies:
What a difference, maybe it's a blessing to get a new team.
Sometimes you get good ones, sometimes not.
But you have to have continuity in training. Griff has been head coach since this particular set of players entered GMHS. They know him and they know his game. This continuity is what has me thinking about our sacred opponent Leonardtown. There was a great article in the Post about the "Pistol Spread Offense". How wonderful it is, how difficult it is to defend, how complicated it is. It even has it's own web site! Yet LHS has won 6 out of 24 with it. If this offense ever gets in place it has to be drummed in to every youth football kid from the youngest all the way to High School. Then it will be an awesome sight to see.
Its like that with everything really. I run a Single Wing offense primarily, which is normally a high scoring offense in most cases if you stick with the core principles, but in my case we haven't scored much. Why? I'm sure part of it is myself as the coach, I'm not too prideful to not think so (its my first year running it full out), but I also only have 14 players on my youth team (a couple quit because parents didn't want to bring them to practice, I hate that) and most are not great athletes. So it has trouble from missed blocks etc from kids who are average. Its not knocking them, it just is. They have heart but that only can carry you so far when the other team has 23 players with lots of speed.
Until then, it's a dream. A dream that every other coach will be getting ready to defend against. It's not that easy.
BTW - Chopticon is ranked better statewide than either GMHS or LHS - and they have not won a game yet!
Didn't know that. That's ironic in light of this thread.

thefbcritic

Interestingly enough saying a team is no good because they lost a lot of their starters doesn't really stand up. The opposite is happening at GMHS
I have never seen a team like GMHS had for the last few years. They were terrible. They had bad attitudes, lousy work ethics and played poorly because of it. Those guys have left and the JV team that I saw last year has come through as if they were in a totally different school. Lackey's players were dragging half way through the third quarter whereas GMHS were ready to go. They ran everywhere. Real team spirit.
What a difference, maybe it's a blessing to get a new team.
Sometimes you get good ones, sometimes not.
But you have to have continuity in training. Griff has been head coach since this particular set of players entered GMHS. They know him and they know his game. This continuity is what has me thinking about our sacred opponent Leonardtown. There was a great article in the Post about the "Pistol Spread Offense". How wonderful it is, how difficult it is to defend, how complicated it is. It even has it's own web site! Yet LHS has won 6 out of 24 with it. If this offense ever gets in place it has to be drummed in to every youth football kid from the youngest all the way to High School. Then it will be an awesome sight to see.
Until then, it's a dream. A dream that every other coach will be getting ready to defend against. It's not that easy.
BTW - Chopticon is ranked better statewide than either GMHS or LHS - and they have not won a game yet!

I agree with what you said and you dont have to play football to be a critic and I never said it was lisanti's fault all the people keep saying that and I never did. I asked who's fault is it.

Last edited:

Zguy28

I agree with what you said and you dont have to play football to be a critic and I never said it was lisanti's fault all the people keep saying that and I never did. I asked who's fault is it. And by the way
Well, I apologize then. It sure seemed like that's what you were saying when the thread title is "what is up with lisanti?"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Interestingly enough saying a team is no good because they lost a lot of their starters doesn't really stand up.
Gotta agree with you there. What high school team doesn't graduate a bunch of seniors every year. They all do. The trick is to have a mix of juniors and underclassmen that get playing time so you don't have a big drop off in experience from year to year. That is all some people are spouting off how they lost so many seniors from the year before. Well it's the same coach so he should have prepared other younger players.

The opposite is happening at GMHS
I have never seen a team like GMHS had for the last few years. They were terrible. They had bad attitudes, lousy work ethics and played poorly because of it.
Gotta disagree with you here. For a few years the team had a talented QB. Every pass play he scrambled for his life, but somehow managed to complete quite a few passes. All those years the O line was undersized. They also lacked a running back with break away speed. There was no respect for the running game so teams defended against the pass. You need balance. I know those kids worked there tails off in practice but it didn't result on the scoreboard. They did win 3 games in coach griff's first year and they were 12 seconds away from beating T Stone after a 0-10 season.

Go figure. That's why you really can't put a lot of faith in a poll for HS football. It's not like the raters are watching every team play.

magic1

Thanks Z......Coach Lisanti is a great coach, dedicated teacher and all around good person. To base a person on the start of a season after loosing 20 starters is so ludicrous.

As someone said when this was brought up before....

One of main reasons for this is that there has been no youth program in the North End of St. Mary’s County for the last four or five years (since the Raiders were formed). Thankfully there is now an organized youth program (SMYFL) in the North End and Chopticon will be getting a plethora of kids that understand the fundamentals when they get to High School. However, this will take a few years to trickle up…..most likely four years since that is how long it has taken Chopticon to see the effects of not having a youth program.

It’s kind of like if you slack off in middle school, you have trouble in high school. Its even more difficult if you were to skip middle school all together and go right to high school......

Yeti - your an idiot, plethora of kids from SMYFL.

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
I agree with what you said and you dont have to play football to be a critic and I never said it was lisanti's fault all the people keep saying that and I never did. I asked who's fault is it.

He has 2 good winning seasons then he just drops off the deep end. I know he lost players but so did Great Mills and they haven't had a winning season in years. He hasn't won a game griff has won three whats up does chopticon need a new coach or is it the players who's fault is it?

Like i said i'm not bashing lisanti i'm asking who do you think the blame should be on. An to zguy28 IT is the coach's fault if his player's are not faster, stronger, bigger, and better tacklers because he recrutied them and he trains them, right? So i'm asking who's fault it is and most parent's in the stands blame him.

Okay, so you're NOT blaming Lisanti. :sarcasm: But the insuations (look it up) you make lead readers to believe that you actually are insinuating that it is Lisanti's fault.

I'm not taking any side with anyone in this thread about where blame is to be made. It's a fact of life that the Head Coach is going to take ALL the blame, just like a quaterback is going to take ALL the blame because the offense is not scoring enough points. Or the right tackle is going to take ALL the blame because the defense isn't getting through the line of scrimmage each and every time.

And you're saying it's the Coach's fault that his players aren't bigger? Umm... you might want to study biology a bit on that one. Or maybe ask why the kids can't eat during the school day to help them get bigger. And the phrase, you can lead a horse to water... comes to mind. If the kids are not willing to do the work, then no coach in the world is going to be able to make winners out of them.

My point is, though, you can change the title all you want, you can say you're not blaming Lisanti all you want, but the posts prove otherwise. Don't by a hypocrite.

thefbcritic

Okay, so you're NOT blaming Lisanti. :sarcasm: But the insuations (look it up) you make lead readers to believe that you actually are insinuating that it is Lisanti's fault.

I'm not taking any side with anyone in this thread about where blame is to be made. It's a fact of life that the Head Coach is going to take ALL the blame, just like a quaterback is going to take ALL the blame because the offense is not scoring enough points. Or the right tackle is going to take ALL the blame because the defense isn't getting through the line of scrimmage each and every time.

And you're saying it's the Coach's fault that his players aren't bigger? Umm... you might want to study biology a bit on that one. Or maybe ask why the kids can't eat during the school day to help them get bigger. And the phrase, you can lead a horse to water... comes to mind. If the kids are not willing to do the work, then no coach in the world is going to be able to make winners out of them.

My point is, though, you can change the title all you want, you can say you're not blaming Lisanti all you want, but the posts prove otherwise. Don't by a hypocrite.

It's his fault that he didn't get better players, but on the other side maybe better players didn't come out> I don't know thats why I started this thread.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
It's his fault that he didn't get better players, but on the other side maybe better players didn't come out> I don't know thats why I started this thread.

Where the HELL is he supposed to get better players from?!?! This isn't the NFL; he can't go out and draft them. :rolleyes:

And like she said, you can lead a horse to water...there are a lot of talented potential athletes, but if they (or their parents) don't feel like committing to the effort...:shrug:

thefbcritic

Gotta agree with you there. What high school team doesn't graduate a bunch of seniors every year. They all do. The trick is to have a mix of juniors and underclassmen that get playing time so you don't have a big drop off in experience from year to year. That is all some people are spouting off how they lost so many seniors from the year before. Well it's the same coach so he should have prepared other younger players.

Gotta disagree with you here. For a few years the team had a talented QB. Every pass play he scrambled for his life, but somehow managed to complete quite a few passes. All those years the O line was undersized. They also lacked a running back with break away speed. There was no respect for the running game so teams defended against the pass. You need balance. I know those kids worked there tails off in practice but it didn't result on the scoreboard. They did win 3 games in coach griff's first year and they were 12 seconds away from beating T Stone after a 0-10 season.

Go figure. That's why you really can't put a lot of faith in a poll for HS football. It's not like the raters are watching every team play.

Ok but look at great mills they havent had a winning season in like 20. I guess it's there time they finally have the squad to do best of luck to griff and lisanti i'll be at there game

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Ok but look at great mills they havent had a winning season in like 20. I guess it's there time they finally have the squad to do best of luck to griff and lisanti i'll be at there game

I don't follow the Pop Warner leagues and such, but I believe someone said that the Raider's have been down this way just long enough for those kids to start filtering into GMHS. Plus, Griff has been coaching his current seniors since they started at GMHS. Those two variables may have something to do with the upswing of the Hornet's Football Program. :shrug:

I'm just saying...

Hope to see you Friday at Northern. :yay:

thefbcritic

Where the HELL is he supposed to get better players from?!?! This isn't the NFL; he can't go out and draft them. :rolleyes:

And like she said, you can lead a horse to water...there are a lot of talented potential athletes, but if they (or their parents) don't feel like committing to the effort...:shrug:

No you can't draft players but when I coached we went and found kids that were on the bench at other schools and we tried them out and brought them out but there is almost 3000 kids in chopticon and he can't find a good one:confused:? But maybe this isn't his year I mean he did lose his starting running back but it's not all on the back. Maybe it's finally griff's time to shine we'll see what happens this year and next year

thefbcritic

I don't follow the Pop Warner leagues and such, but I believe someone said that the Raider's have been down this way just long enough for those kids to start filtering into GMHS. Plus, Griff has been coaching his current seniors since they started at GMHS. Those two variables may have something to do with the upswing of the Hornet's Football Program. :shrug:

I'm just saying...

Hope to see you Friday at Northern. :yay:

Will be there

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
No you can't draft players but when I coached we went and found kids that were on the bench at other schools and we tried them out and brought them out but there is almost 3000 kids in chopticon and he can't find a good one:confused:? But maybe this isn't his year I mean he did lose his starting running back but it's not all on the back. Maybe it's finally griff's time to shine we'll see what happens this year and next year

Try @1400. More than half of them are girls too. :shrug: He's got good kids, but he had an amazing team last year; he's got a sophomore quarterback and they haven't really gelled yet. Give them time. Lisanti's known this was going to be a rebuilding year and I give him props for what he does.

thefbcritic

Try @1400. More than half of them are girls too. :shrug: He's got good kids, but he had an amazing team last year; he's got a sophomore quarterback and they haven't really gelled yet. Give them time. Lisanti's known this was going to be a rebuilding year and I give him props for what he does.

Ok but there is actually 2900 kids in the school look it up. Great mills has about 1800.

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short

I'm just saying...

Hope to see you Friday, October 23 at Chopticon. :yay:

:fixed:

Then we'll see who has the better program. Good luck to both teams on that night!