What makes you better than everyone else?

What makes you better?

• Your car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your looks

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Your personallity

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Your house

• Your clothes

• Your spelling

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Your pedestal is just higher

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
elaine said:
You really do have issues, don't you? I don't think it implies any such thing. If we were all alike, all equal, what kind of world would it be? Pretty damn boring, if you ask me.

I don't know how anybody could really think that they were better or worst at something? :confused: With the billions of people located throughout the world you really wouldn't be able to determine or measure your skill at a certain trade. You may be better at something in a very selected and controlled group, but that doesn't answer the question if your better or worst? You would only be the best in that controlled group. But I also don't think we are all alike. We were all born into different situations, and belief systems and these have shaped us through life to make us different. I hope that made sense?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
UrbanPancake said:
I don't know how anybody could really think that they were better or worst at something? :confused: With the billions of people located throughout the world you really wouldn't be able to determine or measure your skill at a certain trade. You may be better at something in a very selected and controlled group, but that doesn't answer the question if your better or worst? You would only be the best in that controlled group. But I also don't think we are all alike. We were all born into different situations, and belief systems and these have shaped us through life to make us different. I hope that made sense?

Dear admin, this is a kinder, gentler :duh:

K

Kain99

HTML:
[B][QUOTE=UrbanPancake]I don't know how anybody could really think that they were better or worst at something? QUOTE][/B]
If 500 guys tell you that you are the best at something, does that make it true? :killingme

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Kain99 said:
UrbanPancake said:
I don't know how anybody could really think that they were better or worst at something? QUOTE]
If 500 guys tell you that you are the best at something, does that make it true? :killingme

It wouldn't make it true. It might appear to be true because 500 guys are telling you that. It may be true if your the best within a controlled group. But once you expose that group to possibly a test within a larger group that person may not be the best. it could be someone else entirely. The point is, there is always someone else who is better than you.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

UrbanPancake said:
It wouldn't make it true. It might appear to be true because 500 guys are telling you that. It may be true if your the best within a controlled group. But once you expose that group to possibly a test within a larger group that person may not be the best. it could be someone else entirely. The point is, there is always someone else who is better then you.
I really don't think so..... :diva:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
UrbanPancake said:
It wouldn't make it true. It might appear to be true because 500 guys are telling you that. It may be true if your the best within a controlled group. But once you expose that group to possibly a test within a larger group that person may not be the best. it could be someone else entirely. The point is, there is always someone else who is better then you.

:duh:

HORUS

Better than YOU.
I don't personally think of myself as being better than anyone. But since I had to choose something I choose looks.

That might be all I have going for me really. :cheers:

K

Kain99

Why don't you two submit your photos to JabbaJawz for our review.... TIA

HORUS

Better than YOU.
Kain99 said:

I could try but I don't have any non military shots of me... That wont do much good. :lol:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Kain99 said:

No thank you. I can't let everyone know my secret identity as a st. mary's county commisioner.....I think I blew my cover.

Pete

Repete
UrbanPancake said:
None what so ever. Not that I am suprised but please expound on it so we may gain the insight of your wisdom. I will now hang up and wait for your answer.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I wasn't so sure yesterday but I think Elaine is on the right track with this. Everyone is different, wired different, perceives different, behaves different, ect...Therefore you are better at something than another and they are better at something than you.

D

darkriver4362

The only real reason I can think of that would make anyone better than another is, that they aren't BuddyLee

mAlice

professional daydreamer
UrbanPancake said:
No thank you. I can't let everyone know my secret identity as a st. mary's county commisioner.....I think I blew my cover.

That explains a lot.

BuddyLee

Football addict
darkriver4362 said:
The only real reason I can think of that would make anyone better than another is, that they aren't BuddyLee
:lmao: You always know how to get my spirits up even if it is in sadistic means.