what song are you listening to?

TCROW

A bit out of my wheelhouse, but my son gave me a media player loaded with some music appropriate for my gym workouts. This song was the last one that played earlier today. I love the relentless, driving rhythm section.

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
Joe is great. Check out this old video of a 12 year old Joe Bonamassa jamming with Danny Gatton's band:

Thanks and I've watched it before. Absolutely incredible! I was blessed to see Danny Gatton perform once many years ago at the Wolftrap Jazz and Blues Festival. So amazing!

Here is a video of Joe talking about Danny and giving credit for all the things he taught him:

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
This is the song Joe Bonamassa opened with at the show I went to Friday night, done at his concert a week before in Chicago, and the stage set up is the same so it's pretty much reliving the show I saw. It's an old Muddy Waters tune amped up for today.

TCROW

Progressive Rock fans old and new:

Here's The Claypool Lennon Delirium (Sean) covering King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. This performance brings three generations of progressive rock elements/musicians into a new generation.

• Old School King Crimson cover
  • meets son of John and Yoko, a competent musician in his own right, 2nd generation progressive musician
  • meets Les Claypool, a more modern progressive musician with an underpinning of funk
Some of their original material has definite Beatles influence, example linked below the KC cover