What to get.. HELP!!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
On Thursday my son and I will be making little personalized cakes to have for dessert. I got him a card and gift card for itunes. Hubby and I will be going to the melting pot friday evening. We are not exchanging gifts.

T

toppick08

Ok Ladies.. What the heck do u get a guy for V Day - when he has everything?!?!?! yeah I'ma do a nice dinner and alittle dessert :whistle:
but as a gift - I'm thinking a gift certificate to like a car place or lowes or something.. he has cologne and all that kinda stuff.. any ideas??

I'd suggest letting him get the ok for an Abe Lincoln.......ya'll both would love it. :coffee:

Cowgirl

I don't expect much on V-Day....I do think it's pretty commercialized, but I also think it's a day to take time to make sure your SO knows you love them. Sure, we say, "I love you" every day, but we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day life. This is a good opportunity to spend time with/on eachother and make it special.

I told BF I don't want roses...no need to waste that money. I'm happy with some conversation hearts (I love them). I would like a *little* something, but I told him he didn't even have to spend any money. He can make a nice dinner, or we can go to dinner and just spend some good one on one time. :shrug:

Last year I made him a coupon book. There were things in it like "one free back rub," "one free night off from the kids," "one free :blahblah." He liked it, but he hasn't even used them all. :lol: This year I'm getting him a small gift cert. for his tool company.

SamSpade

Well my sweetie got me something that I really appreciate - although I didn't realize it at first. Mainly because I can't see all that well.

She dyed her hair red. Not deep red, just a light auburn.

I have been turned on by red hair since I was like, 5. Always. If I'm anywhere and there's a redhead nearby, I know it instantly. I pick it up on my radar.

And my wife knows this. She also knows that she wants to look the way she wants, and that I shouldn't expect her to change anything. And I've always respected that. If she's more comfortable with short hair, and I like it long - she gets to have it short. She doesn't have to change anything.

But she did, and she did it just for me and no other reason. That was better than anything else.

bohman

LOL...the guys at work are saying your recommendations are gay, other than the sex and food :lmao:

I'm not even going to read this whole thread, I'm just going to stop you right here and highlight the important words. Skip the other BS, you already know how to make the man happy.

R

reficul_vs_dog

I'm not even going to read this whole thread, I'm just going to stop you right here and highlight the important words. Skip the other BS, you already know how to make the man happy.

Yeah...you really can't go wrong with that :lol:

And sex is free...for most of us...:lmao:

I'd rather have a nice homecooked meal and good one on one time than any fancy/expensive gifts :shrug:
Save that stuff for christmas or a birthday if you HAVE to get it...Vday is just a good day to spend special time together :yay:

tiltedangel

my hubby and i have been together for over 20 years and with the financial situation changing the way it is....it seems we cannot afford to really go all out but that is fine with us...we became each others valentine 20 years ago...so valentines night we will be sitting side by side in our reclyners watching the big screen..knowing we love each other just as much if not more....:love:

W

wkndbeacher

my hubby and i have been together for over 20 years and with the financial situation changing the way it is....it seems we cannot afford to really go all out but that is fine with us...we became each others valentine 20 years ago...so valentines night we will be sitting side by side in our reclyners watching the big screen..knowing we love each other just as much if not more....:love:

Now thats true lv...but wait, what happens after you get up out of the recliners will define truely how much you love each other :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Awww :huggy:

ocean733

I once dated a girl who said V-day was just another day, nothing special. No need to buy candy, cards, etc. We've been married for 11 years.

That's what I believe. It's not another Christmas. I don't want anything. Just spend a little time with me and tell me that you love me.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm getting my guy new chrome for the bike ... but it's gonna double as a birthday present since it's so close to the V-Day. :yay:

And we'll probably have a little :gossip: when he gets home Friday from working out of town. :really: