What would it take to get you to move out of Maryland?

Hijinx

So if illegal alien cops who don't even speak English started kicking in doors in your neighborhood and arresting everyone or shooting them to death on orders from the Governor, you'd stay put?
I would probably be in jail at Hagerstown, because if an illegal alien, badge or no badge kicks in my door he is about to meet Jesus.

Clem72

The illegal alien cop thread made me think about this.

If Wes Moore signed that into law, would it be enough for you to get the **** out of that place or nah?

I'm always curious why people stay in abusive relationships - why they don't just leave. And I get it on some level, just from my own experience: you get acclimated to it and beaten down, hoping things will change, knowing they'll just get worse, but paralyzed by fear. Bad government is exactly like that - an abusive relationship.

I know a lot of you are true blue Marylanders who would and have taken a lot of abuse but still there you are. What would it take to get you to move?

Not that I'm encouraging you - I don't really care how other people live their lives, I'm just interested in the psychology of it all.

About 8 and a half seconds after my wife agrees to move out of state I will be organizing a trip to WV to house hunt.

SamSpade

Retirement. Kids out of school. When I can afford it. When wife's remaining parent - passes.

Rest assured, I will be gone. CAN'T do it now.

I've been through this once - when I left that cult. I was always SO BROKE there was no way I was going to afford living on my own anywhere. I wanted out, but seriously - I saw no way out. Even my parents were in the group.

They made it easy - they kicked me out. THEN - my parents said ok son, you can live with us. We won't bother you with church stuff.

I KNOW THE FEELING. You're broke - you have no experience that makes you employable beyond crap jobs - you have no friends outside your circle that has entrapped you. You have no home, and you couldn't afford rent much less first and last and safety deposit.

Reactions: BOP

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When my wife decides to retire, will likely move to New Hampshire, most of the family is still in New England.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
We're actually talking about government policies and laws that impact quality of life.

But you keep doing you. *cheekpinch*
You're talking over it's head now.

You'll have to try smaller words and pictures, perhaps emoticons.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
A few more years and I retire. I don't care about the politics, in the summer it's too hot, too many mosquitoes, too much crime, too much drugs, too many people, not enough open land, too much traffic
Those three things are at the top of my list.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
About 8 and a half seconds after my wife agrees to move out of state I will be organizing a trip to WV to house hunt.
I'd love to include WV and TN in the options we'd consider but my missus is a Pacific Northwest gal and that's that...