What would it take to get you to move out of Maryland?

Clem72

My dad still lives there and tells me the major carriers are no longer writing policies. There are policies backed by the state. Not sure how that works though.
Do you consider allstate, progressive, or state farm to be major carriers?

That was all of 2 minutes of googling.

WingsOfGold

You sir are a moron. What do you think the life expectancy of uneducated whites like yourself in the 1800's? You'd have even fewer teeth than you do now. and probably die of syphillis by 24
Google is your friend. Starvation in the shithole of Africa was probably 1000x that, that is if they were lucky enough to escape being eaten by a fellow savage. Again why are there no lines to go back to the fatherland that now has the luxury of a better, smarter society with modern inventions like the wheel and a written language?
How many people had syphilis in the 1700s?

Pox populi: Study calculates 18th century syphilis rates for ...

The study estimates that in the mid-1770s, approximately 8% of residents of both sexes had been infected with syphilis before the age of 35. The estimated infection rate among under-35s in rural communities within a 10 mile radius of the city, however, was a little under 1%.Sep 14, 2017

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Insurance companies are no longer insuring properties in Florida. The water temperature is 100 degrees. Desantis is making students learn about the benefits of slavery for the slaves. Look up Florida man and any given date and you will find a toothless Trump supporter attacking someone with their pet alligator while jet skiing into a pile of seaweed and breaking their skull.

Not one single word of that is true, you brainwashed bot.

Well...maybe the last one....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have two friends who recently moved to Florida, they didn't seem to have any issues getting insurance. They don't live below sea level or on the beach though.

I live about a mile from the beach and I have insurance on my home, car, and health. No problem.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Florida's insurance market, which has been unstable since the 90s, has grown even more volatile in recent years. According to industry estimates, the average price of homeowners' insurance premiums has more than doubled since DeSantis took office in 2019, and more than a dozen insurers have become insolvent in the state during that time. Earlier this month, Farmers Insurance announced that it would end its home and auto coverage in Florida entirely.

That is simply not true. Maybe the part about Farmer's - I wouldn't know because I don't have them for anything - but our home insurance has remained the same and so has health insurance, as has my car insurance. It's quite reasonable, therefore can't possibly be double what it was 4 years ago.

But you lap up the lies your handlers tell you....

gemma_rae

Florida's insurance market, which has been unstable since the 90s, has grown even more volatile in recent years. According to industry estimates, the average price of homeowners' insurance premiums has more than doubled since DeSantis took office in 2019, and more than a dozen insurers have become insolvent in the state during that time. Earlier this month, Farmers Insurance announced that it would end its home and auto coverage in Florida entirely.
Even if it were true, would you have us believe that it doesn't coincide with the Creepy Uncle Joe administration?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Florida's insurance market, which has been unstable since the 90s, has grown even more volatile in recent years.

DeSantis has was NOT FL Gov in the 90s .... you torpedo your very argument

How about Cali-FU you disingenuous Bint

Major car insurance companies getting out of California

California insurance market rattled by withdrawal of major companies

State Farm announced last week it would stop accepting applications for all business and personal lines of property and casualty insurance, citing inflation, a challenging reinsurance market and “rapidly growing catastrophe exposure.” The decision did not impact personal auto insurance.

“We take seriously our responsibility to manage risk," State Farm said. “It’s necessary to take these actions now to improve the company’s financial strength.”

Allstate, another insurance powerhouse, announced in November it would pause new homeowners, condo and commercial insurance policies in California to protect current customers.

“The cost to insure new home customers in California is far higher than the price they would pay for policies due to wildfires, higher costs for repairing homes and higher reinsurance premiums,” Allstate said in a statement.

California's unsettled market aligns with trends across the country in which companies are boosting rates, limiting coverage or pulling out completely from regions susceptible to wildfires and other natural disasters in the era of climate change. Florida and Louisiana have struggled to keep healthy insurance markets following extensive damage from hurricanes. Premiums are rising in Colorado amid wildfire threats, and an Oregon effort to map wildfire risk was rejected last year because of fears it would cause premiums to skyrocket.

California’s home insurance crisis — explained

UPDATE: State Farm & Allstate stop selling home insurance in California​

At the end of May 2023, State Farm announced it would stop selling home insurance policies in California due to "historic increases in construction costs outpacing inflation, rapidly growing catastrophe exposure, and a challenging reinsurance market." And Allstate followed suit shortly after due to worsening climate conditions that have made doing business there difficult.

“The cost to insure new home customers in California is far higher than the price they would pay for policies due to wildfires, higher costs for repairing homes and higher reinsurance premiums," according to a statement made by Allstate.

However, Policygenius now has several additional home insurance options in California, including the CA FAIR Plan, Universal Property, and Bamboo Insurance to provide homeowners insurance to our existing California customers. You can learn more about each coverage option and what to expect by reading our guide to the California FAIR Plan and our Bamboo homeowners insurance review.

Insurance Titans Are Suddenly Fleeing California. Here’s Why

California’s insurance regulator has blamed the decision of two insurance titans to no longer offer home insurance policies in the state on the effects of climate change, but insurance experts say high building costs and strict regulations that force insurers to keep rates low are the more likely culprit.

Both Allstate and State Farm announced their decision to leave the state within the last month, attributing the reason for the departure to the state’s wildfire coverage costs, reinsurance premiums and high inflation. While the California Department of Insurance, as well as a handful of media outlets, are citing climate change as a main reason for the companies’ departure, experts say the bigger issue lies in regulations and costs.

“The problem is, when you have inflation that’s high and other added costs – such as maybe an increase in wildfire risk – insurance companies can’t get the rate they need for a profitable business,” said Andrew Siffert, senior vice president of the BMS Group, a global insurance broker, to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Extreme Wildfires a DIRECT result of Newsom's Forest Management Programs ...

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
DeSantis has was NOT FL Gov in the 90s .... you torpedo your very argument

How about Cali-FU you disingenuous Bint

I hope you realize the moronic, lying ##### is not going to read, or even acknowledge that.

Hijinx

Why argue with a fool. Being stupid is s no reason to call someone names and arguing with them is merely a waste of time.
Once someone drinks the Democrat Kool-aid there is no help for them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's amazing having all these people who've never even been to FL telling those who live here all about it. "Oh, you can't get insurance! Oh, gay people can't leave their homes! Oh, the Gulf is boiling hot!"

Yes, Democrats, it sucks here! You'll die! Stay away!

:lol:

DeSantis is encouraging all these people to leave their Democrat shitholes and move here, and we're all like, "NOOOOO! Don't listen to him! Ronnie, stop encouraging them!!"

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It's amazing having all these people who've never even been to FL telling those who live here all about it. "Oh, you can't get insurance! Oh, gay people can't leave their homes! Oh, the Gulf is boiling hot!"

She heard that from Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."

She gets her news from fairytales.

StmarysCity79

Yes, Democrats, it sucks here! You'll die! Stay away!

:lol:

DeSantis is encouraging all these people to leave their Democrat shitholes and move here, and we're all like, "NOOOOO! Don't listen to him! Ronnie, stop encouraging them!!"

I was in Miami last week and the water was unpleasantly hot.

Do you really not understand that it is too costly for insurers to gamble on a state where hurricanes, red tide, sinkholes and climate change are destroying the state ?

StmarysCity79

That is simply not true. Maybe the part about Farmer's - I wouldn't know because I don't have them for anything - but our home insurance has remained the same and so has health insurance, as has my car insurance. It's quite reasonable, therefore can't possibly be double what it was 4 years ago.

But you lap up the lies your handlers tell you....

Please learn to read. They are specifically talking about homeowners insurance. Wait until your next renewal.