What would it take to get you to move out of Maryland?

WingsOfGold

I'll still be in MD, at least temporarily. I'm moving out beyond Sidling Hill. Whether I stay remains to be seen. I can easily jump to PA or WV if it gets very bad.
Said WV is the place you oughta be so they loaded up their truck and moved to Berkeley.
For what it's worth property taxes forced me out of Pa.

BOP

In order for one to legally work in the U.S., they must fill out a Form I-9 and present the supporting documentation.

As to U.S. law, of the GCA 18 U.S.C. 922, I was already aware.
At least they'll do jobs Americans won't do, and they'll do it for less.

StmarysCity79

This is what happens when you glom onto your cult leaders' propaganda. Garbage in, garbage out.

Insurance companies are no longer insuring properties in Florida. The water temperature is 100 degrees. Desantis is making students learn about the benefits of slavery for the slaves. Look up Florida man and any given date and you will find a toothless Trump supporter attacking someone with their pet alligator while jet skiing into a pile of seaweed and breaking their skull.

SamSpade

I have two friends who recently moved to Florida, they didn't seem to have any issues getting insurance. They don't live below sea level or on the beach though.
My brother LIVES there. Guess where? Yep, Ft. Myers. RIGHT WHERE THE HURRICANE went through.
He's fine - and loves it there nonetheless.

StmarysCity79

I have two friends who recently moved to Florida, they didn't seem to have any issues getting insurance. They don't live below sea level or on the beach though.

Florida's insurance market, which has been unstable since the 90s, has grown even more volatile in recent years. According to industry estimates, the average price of homeowners' insurance premiums has more than doubled since DeSantis took office in 2019, and more than a dozen insurers have become insolvent in the state during that time. Earlier this month, Farmers Insurance announced that it would end its home and auto coverage in Florida entirely.

WingsOfGold

Insurance companies are no longer insuring properties in Florida. The water temperature is 100 degrees. Desantis is making students learn about the benefits of slavery for the slaves. Look up Florida man and any given date and you will find a toothless Trump supporter attacking someone with their pet alligator while jet skiing into a pile of seaweed and breaking their skull.
Descendants of slaves not so much. No lines to Africa to emigrate. Guess the coloreds like food over crickets.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Descendants of slaves not so much. No lines to Africa to emigrate. Guess the coloreds like food over crickets.
:yay:

Yep, and the greatest benefit they received was being HERE.

Not being run down and eaten by lions or cheetahs, not dying from some ###### up tropical jungle disease, or canibals, Crocodiles....

black dog

Free America
I'm more curious if there's anything that could cause them to leave *right now*. As in, can't wait for retirement, must get out of here ASAP.
My family came to Maryland in the late 1690's.
I left more than a dozen years ago over Marylands, taxes, local and State Goverment & Law Enforcement, its posture on the 2nd Admendment for starters.
Its a shame for The Old Line State is a Sportsmans Dream to live in.

WingsOfGold

Not being run down and eaten by lions or cheetahs, not dying from some ###### up tropical jungle disease, or canibals, Crocodiles....
Not knowing but I bet the life expectency in 1700 sub Saharan Africa was maybe 27

StmarysCity79

You sir are a moron. What do you think the life expectancy of uneducated whites like yourself in the 1800's? You'd have even fewer teeth than you do now. and probably die of syphillis by 24

Clem72

Florida's insurance market, which has been unstable since the 90s, has grown even more volatile in recent years. According to industry estimates, the average price of homeowners' insurance premiums has more than doubled since DeSantis took office in 2019, and more than a dozen insurers have become insolvent in the state during that time. Earlier this month, Farmers Insurance announced that it would end its home and auto coverage in Florida entirely.

Information here is only 2 days old. Florida insurance may have "more than doubled" since 2019 but it looks like it's still cheaper than Maryland.

Clem72

You sir are a moron. What do you think the life expectancy of uneducated whites like yourself in the 1800's? You'd have even fewer teeth than you do now. and probably die of syphillis by 24

So your saying despite the bad teeth and poor education he's still getting more than you?

Bare-ya-cuda

My dad still lives there and tells me the major carriers are no longer writing policies. There are policies backed by the state. Not sure how that works though.

Bare-ya-cuda

DeSantis has nothing to do with homeowners insurance going up. Hurricane losses do. The increase in cost is to find the state backed insurance pool for those who can not get a policy from a major carrier.

Bare-ya-cuda

So tell us do you think you would be better off living in botswana or the US?