What's for dinner?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Aldi had a nice looking eye round roast, so I have it marinating, going to do the sous vide thing on it. Stopped at Harris Teeter and got some club rolls for sammiches tomorrow.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Aldi had a nice looking eye round roast, so I have it marinating, going to do the sous vide thing on it. Stopped at Harris Teeter and got some club rolls for sammiches tomorrow. View attachment 160443
THAT... was tasty. Best roast in a while. 2 hours in the sous vide (should have been a longer for more tender, but I was getting impatient) at 115 degrees, seasoned with one packet of Lipton's Onion Soup. Yes, I wanted mooing rare (sorry Kwillia...). Then out to sear it on the BBQ grill, high rack, indirect heat about 6-700 degrees. Made a nice crust. The juices in the sous vide bag made a most excellent gravy.

And it's perfect for sliced roast sammiches tomorrow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I stir fried veggies - mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, etc - in sesame oil, then seasoned them with Kentuckyaki and threw them over cooked spaghetti noodles. YUM!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm still picking summer squash, so stir fried it with onion and green pepper, stirred in the last tomato from the garden, had it over angel hair pasta.

nosh

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've been craving chili and I finally found time to throw it together. That along with cinnamon corn muffins.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Picked some kale from my cousin's garden (because mine came up ssslllllooooooowww), gonna make Sausage Lentil soup tomorrow night.