What's for dinner?

Muenster slices.
1652137877007.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure what want for supper..I think thinking about that strawberry poke cake I made and patiently waiting (not really) for it to finish chilling, spoiled my appetite. Maybe something light so can have plenty of room for cake....

I feel like cake can be a meal. If waffles with syrup can be breakfast, certainly cake can be dinner. Plus it has strawberries, so you're basically having fruit for dinner.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Recently made meatloaf...it wasn't as good as it usually turns out. Thinking maybe will try a different way next time. How do you make yours, Jen?
Mine is different every time. Depends on what I feel like throwing in it. I use 80/20 ground beef - not mixed with pork or anything. Typically I’ll mix in a couple eggs, bread crumbs (sometimes rolled oats in place of bread crumbs), Worcestershire sauce, Lipton beefy onion soup mix, garlic salt, and pepper. That’s pretty much the standard I do. Some times I add in ketchup, but usually reserve ketchup for putting on the top toward the end of cooking. This past time when I made it I threw in about 2 tsp of dill pickle relish. I got this idea from how German rouladen is made.
Speaking of, I need to make rouladen soon.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Mine is different every time. Depends on what I feel like throwing in it. I use 80/20 ground beef - not mixed with pork or anything. Typically I’ll mix in a couple eggs, bread crumbs (sometimes rolled oats in place of bread crumbs), Worcestershire sauce, Lipton beefy onion soup mix, garlic salt, and pepper. That’s pretty much the standard I do. Some times I add in ketchup, but usually reserve ketchup for putting on the top toward the end of cooking. This past time when I made it I threw in about 2 tsp of dill pickle relish. I got this idea from how German rouladen is made.
Speaking of, I need to make rouladen soon.
Tomato Soup works good for that too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I like using the tri-blend (pork, beef, veal) when I can find it, but that's not often, so I get ground pork and mix it 50/50 with beef. A good handfull of breadcrumbs, an egg, usually salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, topped with ketchup. My mom used to make it with the Liptons, I haven't done that in a while. Once in a while I stuff the loaf with some veggies.