What's for dinner?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I ate everything for dinner tonight. I made the mistake of running errands while hungry, so I stopped at Krispy Krunchy and got some chicken wings, then I went to the Rib Shack and got a whole rack of ribs and 10 smoked wings. I also had marinated a steak earlier and make cheese stuffed chicken breasts. I only ate a KK wing, 3 ribs, and 5 smoked wings, so I'm set for food for the next week.

PJay

Someone mentioned stuffed peppers in another thread.. now I know what will be cooking this evening.

PJay

Not hamburgers. Used red, yellow and orange peppers. Browned the hamburger with onions and garlic. Tossed in a can of fire roasted tomatoes and taco cheese. Topped with more cheese and baked. It was delish!

That does sound good! Thank you for sharing. Will try your recipe next time. Have green ones that need used before they expire.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I took my cheesy stuffed chicken breasts, rolled them in a pecan coating, and fried them up. They were amazing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Finished off the last of some excellent smoked pork. My brother's friend did the smoking, gave my bro a huge tub full, and I got enough to make 6 sammiches.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FB_IMG_1652374286293.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've been wanting to do this for a while. Had a NY strip roast about 3 pounds. Put the roast in a vacuum bag with a packet of Liptons soup mix, and did the sous vide thing for about 6 hours at 118 degrees. Then onto a rotisserie on the grill at 550 degrees indirect heat to put a crust on it. Only took 15-20 minutes to crust it. Carved a nice one-and-change inch-thick slice, served with horseradish sauce and au jus. It was as good as any premium prime rib, tender. I really wanted to do this with a bone-in prime rib I have, but wanted to experiment so as not to ruin the prime rib.

20220515_170207.jpg 20220515_171048.jpg

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I've been wanting to do this for a while. Had a NY strip roast about 3 pounds. Put the roast in a vacuum bag with a packet of Liptons soup mix, and did the sous vide thing for about 6 hours at 118 degrees. Then onto a rotisserie on the grill at 550 degrees indirect heat to put a crust on it. Only took 15-20 minutes to crust it. Carved a nice one-and-change inch-thick slice, served with horseradish sauce and au jus. It was as good as any premium prime rib, tender. I really wanted to do this with a bone-in prime rib I have, but wanted to experiment so as not to ruin the prime rib.

View attachment 164166 View attachment 164167
Looks Awesome.

rio

View attachment 164166 View attachment 164167
I'll be right over. 😛

My husband is prepping for tomorrow's colonoscopy so to be nice I just ate a bowl of cereal for dinner so he wouldn't have to smell food cooking.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'll be right over. 😛

My husband is prepping for tomorrow's colonoscopy so to be nice I just ate a bowl of cereal for dinner so he wouldn't have to smell food cooking.
:lol: Once I start running to the head, the last thing I want is food...