What's for dinner?

rio

Olivins of St. Michaels, MD. Look them up. He comes to the St. Mary’s Airport Market frequently. You can place an order ahead of time and he’ll bring it here for pickup. I have used several infused EVOOs I love but the Persian lime knocks my socks off!
There's also a place in Fredericksburg called Taste EVO, and a place in Annapolis that sells it. Persian Lime and olive wood smoked are my 2 favorites that I have on hand all the time.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Pier 450 - their very last chance. Already got 2 strikes.
We've eaten there maybe 15-20 times, and only once would I say we had a questionable meal, but I think it was a goof with my expectation vs reality. In other words, it was still a good meal, but I was expecting something a bit different.

Their cocktails are amazing, so splurge on one (or more! :otter: ) Also splurge on their crab and corn soup [they use Kellam seafood and Trossbach corn].

I hope you enjoy it. :yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We've eaten there maybe 15-20 times, and only once would I say we had a questionable meal, but I think it was a goof with my expectation vs reality. In other words, it was still a good meal, but I was expecting something a bit different.

Their cocktails are amazing, so splurge on one (or more! :otter: ) Also splurge on their crab and corn soup [they use Kellam seafood and Trossbach corn].

I hope you enjoy it. :yum:
I've been there a half-dozen or so times and always delicious.

TPD

the poor dad
Really? I haven't gotten there yet.

Without getting verbose, what didn't you like?
The atmosphere doesn't match the prices they command or the food they serve. Our first time there, summertime Saturday evening, crowded so the acoustics were horrible - couldn't hear our friends across the table. The second time, wintertime, only ones there - place was cold, had to leave our coats on, and the service wasn't that great since we were the only people seated to eat. Maybe one other table.

I can't complain about the food. But I will repeat - the prices and food do not match the atmosphere. I guess the best example would be they have Island Hideway food & prices with Boomerangs or Ruddy Duck atmosphere/bar, if that makes sense. Given the choice I would prefer at this point to drive 30mins to Solomons vs 10mins to Pier450. Tonight could change my mind.

YMMV

rio

Stuffed green peppers.
Well, this is being changed a bit. Turned the oven on to preheat while I stuffed the peppers and it caught on fire. I don't know if something I didn't know about dripped on the element or what. Anyway, I threw baking soda on it after I turned the oven off and got the fire out. Opened the oven after it had time to cool and see that the element is broken. I see no sign of what could have been the cause🤷‍♀️ So, in order to make it fit in a smaller pan to go in the toaster oven we're having stuffed pepper casserole 😏

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Well, this is being changed a bit. Turned the oven on to preheat while I stuffed the peppers and it caught on fire. I don't know if something I didn't know about dripped on the element or what. Anyway, I threw baking soda on it after I turned the oven off and got the fire out. Opened the oven after it had time to cool and see that the element is broken. I see no sign of what could have been the cause🤷‍♀️ So, in order to make it fit in a smaller pan to go in the toaster oven we're having stuffed pepper casserole 😏
I love stuffed peppers, but ItsBob hates them, so I only serve them when he is on travel.

My dad used to make a version of Unstuffed Peppers (much like the casserole you describe), but he called it "Wop Slop". I have no idea where the name came from, because it doesn't sound like an Italian meal, and it wasn't intended to be a derogatory name. It was absolute favorite meal that he'd make.

Reactions: rio

PJay

Don't you just hate when something blows all of a sudden like that. Had an electric coil stove once, put tea kettle on burner, turned it on then stepped away to do something in another room...all of a sudden KABOOM.. scared me half to death. When I got to the kitchen my favorite kettle was blown to bits. Coil burner just blew. Never again will I own another coil stove. Afraid to!

Sure your supper will be delicious 👍

Reactions: rio