What's for dinner?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Did steamed, spiced shrimp for dinner last night along with fries, coleslaw and beer.

Make that beers.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I did grilled turkey legs and asparagus last night. For tomorrow night I'm making a recipe I saw for a rare chuck roast, takes 24 hours to prep.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I had knee surgery yesterday and had already prepared a green salad (lovely greens from Aldi) with turkey salad from a turkey breast we roasted on Saturday. It was delish.
Today I am going to supervise my husband on making meatloaf. And a pot of collard greens.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had knee surgery yesterday and had already prepared a green salad (lovely greens from Aldi) with turkey salad from a turkey breast we roasted on Saturday. It was delish.
Today I am going to supervise my husband on making meatloaf. And a pot of collard greens.
I hope you mend quickly! I haven't had much of an appetite while suffering from the bat soup flu, but meatloaf and collards sounds extremely appetizing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Is it a sous vide recipe?
Yes. Saw it done on PBS, America's Test Kitchen. Sous Vide is the only way to cook it until very tender over a long time and still keep it red inside. They said the flavor was a lot more intense and beefy than a regular roast. Sounded good, had a chuck in the freezer, so why not?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We hit up World Market today and I bought a bunch of Asian noodles, then hit up Fresh Market for boneless chicken thighs $2.99/lb, so that's what's for dinner tonight.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yes. Saw it done on PBS, America's Test Kitchen. Sous Vide is the only way to cook it until very tender over a long time and still keep it red inside. They said the flavor was a lot more intense and beefy than a regular roast. Sounded good, had a chuck in the freezer, so why not?
What temp does it take it to?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We hit up World Market today and I bought a bunch of Asian noodles, then hit up Fresh Market for boneless chicken thighs $2.99/lb, so that's what's for dinner tonight.
Those would be great for shredded chicken barbecue.

now I have to add to my grocery list so I can make barbecue this weekend.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Steaks on the grill Sunday evening....dinner at the Front Porch last evening. Probably do Ramen tonight...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, it was rare and very tasty, but not as tender as I hoped. In fact, it was downright tough. I'm thinking it needed another 24 hours in the bath.

20220622_170803.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Making Over Easy Eggs, Maple Sausage, Fried Potatoes and Waffles with Maple Syrup, Coffee and Grapefruit Juice.

Noth'in beats Breakfast for Dinner.