What's for dinner?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonight I'm making crab cakes, no more getting sidetracked. I was going to make them last night but Publix had their fried chicken on sale.

Stupid Publix.

I use the Phillip's recipe but swap out half the mayo with Tiger Sauce and the lemon juice with lime juice.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Tonight I'm making crab cakes, no more getting sidetracked. I was going to make them last night but Publix had their fried chicken on sale.

Stupid Publix.

I use the Phillip's recipe but swap out half the mayo with Tiger Sauce and the lemon juice with lime juice.

I tried using the Phillips crab meat once and did not like the results.

Pulled the container out of the trash and read that it was imported from Indonesia.

PJay

Pulled the container out of the trash and read that it was imported from Indonesia.
my Dad told me to try it..swore to be the best...

Yuk..who knows what's really in that can..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It made pretty good crabcakes. *burp* Next time, though, I'll go to the fish market and get local crab meat. The can of Phillip's was an impulse buy.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It made pretty good crabcakes. *burp* Next time, though, I'll go to the fish market and get local crab meat. The can of Phillip's was an impulse buy.
Congratulations if it worked out for you. The stuff I picked up didn’t have much flavor to it. Certainly not like I was accustomed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Congratulations if it worked out for you. The stuff I picked up didn’t have much flavor to it. Certainly not like I was accustomed.

It was good enough for crabcakes or dip or something like that. It certainly wasn't like the fresh crab meat you get at the market that has an expiration date that's not a year from now. :lol: