What's in a name?

Dondi

Dondi
Cowzilla said:
I meant, look at the post just before otter's. It's dated July 2004. It's been that long ago since someone posted on this thread.

ETA: Hmm, otter must have deleted his own post for I swear it was just before mine.

Dondi

Dondi
My uncle used to call me Dondi when I was a kid. I dunno why. He said it was a comic strip character about an orphan boy in WWII, but I'd never heard of it. I've adopted it in honor of his memory.

SkinkTyree is in reference to the recurring Carl Hiaasen former Florida Governor Clinton "Skink" Tyree, who as the legend goes was elected to office with the promise of reforming the corrupt Florida political system. But Tyree gained the ire of big business and other greedy special interests, who conspired to stop any progress he attempted to enact in the state. It eventually paid a great toll on Governor Tyree, who abdicated his office in the middle of the night and fled to the Florida Everglades, where he lives off the land near the Card Sound Bridge leading to the Florida Keys. In the Hiaasen books, Tyree will on occasion re-emerge to help the protagonists enact sweet justice on greedy land developers and corrupt politicians.

Tyree has been featured in such Hiaasen novels as "Double Whammy," "Skinny Dip," "Native Toungue" and "Sick Puppy" (my personal favorite).

Dukesdad

My first post was looking for a date for my American Bulldog Duke. I tell my kids he is my favorite child so, I am Duke's Dad.

Angel

~*~*~
Mine is the nickname I've gone by since the day I was born. I'm really an Angela, but I was born two days before Christmas, so everybody has always called me Angel. :angel:

oldman

Lobster Land
After lurking for quite some time I came on thinking I may the oldman. Come to find out there are a couple/few even older. Funny because most of my friends are older than I so I'm actually the youngest old man. I'll be able to start social security later this year though.

kwillia said:
It's not a secret anymore... I lurked for quite some time and then when I became brave enough to create a userid I decided to create it based on the username of my favorite forum poster "Kyle Wantonly Instills Loads of Laughs Instantly & Always". I came up with the acronym 'kwillia' based on that... the irony is that I eventually found out his real name isn't "kyle" after all but now I'm stuck with a broked handle...:banghead:

Come to Jake!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I lurked for quite some time and then when I became brave enough to create a userid I decided to create it based on the username of my favorite forum posters, Kwillia, Jackass (you know him as "Pete") and Otter. K_Jo for short...the irony is that I eventually found out Otter isn't really an otter after all. He's a vole. :ohwell: