What's it gonna be...

Hessian

CEO__Pte

This is what you get when you live out your faith...its pretty mild here but in China, or Saudi Arabia or Egypt-it gets pretty ugly.

It's sad to say but I think this generation has been soaking in lethargic ooze for over 50 years. So they live by the credo of "Live & let Live"...I won't bother you if you don't bother me.

It was that WWII German Pastor that said it best...
paraphrased: They came after the communists and no one objected...they came after the Jews, and no one objected, they went after the Catholics and no one objected and now they are after the protestants and me...and there is nobody left to object.

He died with a piano wire cutting through his neck.

Only a few will continue to try to awaken the mass to our cultural slide...Alan Keyes is one of the best voices out there.

Hold fast...there is a new generation that will thank you for taking the stand-they too will be emboldened to do what is right.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: CEO__Pte

Originally posted by Hessian
This is what you get when you live out your faith...its pretty mild here but in China, or Saudi Arabia or Egypt-it gets pretty ugly.

It's sad to say but I think this generation has been soaking in lethargic ooze for over 50 years. So they live by the credo of "Live & let Live"...I won't bother you if you don't bother me.

It was that WWII German Pastor that said it best...
paraphrased: They came after the communists and no one objected...they came after the Jews, and no one objected, they went after the Catholics and no one objected and now they are after the protestants and me...and there is nobody left to object.

He died with a piano wire cutting through his neck.

Only a few will continue to try to awaken the mass to our cultural slide...Alan Keyes is one of the best voices out there.

Hold fast...there is a new generation that will thank you for taking the stand-they too will be emboldened to do what is right.

Nice presentation of facts but I must disagree. With more information comes a greater stride to learn. We certainly know more than what we did 50 years ago. Shouldn't we be left to make our own decisions and judgements unlike in the primative era in which you suggest?

Hessian

Now Buddy...

Don't let this false sense of sophistication in this age fool you.
We know less than most 8th graders of the 1920's.
*POW's created radios out of needles, copper wire, and metal scrap in camps in Germany. Could our 18 yr olds compare?
*Our SAT scores have fallen to dismal rates.
*Our international ranking in education is on par with third world nations. (but we feel good about ourselves:dance: )
*We have fools experimenting with worshipping trees and rocks like 6th century BC cavemen- puncturing holes in themselves like pin cushions and pumping toxic dye under their skin.
*We have people dying by the thousands because they have no self control (ie Aids, Alcohol, Heroin, Crack...)
With MORE education...comes MORE responsibility to do what is right with the Knowledge. Horace Mann won over the Mass. legislature to support Public education because..."it would reduce classes in society and eliminate poverty"...Wrong Horace: you silly Unitarian... you forgot about the depravity of man. We succumb to temptations to abuse, corrupt, and be lazy.-Education and sophistication do not aptly describe this generation.

Only faith in the Being that controls our Life and a willingness to hold to the foundations of civilization will make this nation endure.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Re: CEO__Pte

This is what you get when you live out your faith...

don't you mean

"this is what you get when you push your faith into other people's faces..."??

love thy neighbor but condemn him/her if they are not of your faith or do not beileve in the same ideologies?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: CEO__Pte

Originally posted by SuperGrover
don't you mean

"this is what you get when you push your faith into other people's faces..."??

love thy neighbor but condemn him/her if they are not of your faith or do not beileve in the same ideologies?

Good try. I think it's more like,

"this is what you get when you act like anyone who doesn't subscribe to your faith is evil and deserves to go to Hell while you laugh at them in superior self-righteousness and say, 'Serves you right! Nyaah nyahh!' "

Or even better, how about:

"this is what you get when you try to take God's place and presume to judge other people's worthiness as human beings."

Hessian

Spinmasters...

I find is amusing that you are totally unable to counter my position and instead desire to spin a reinterpretation.
How pathetic.

Can you deny our decline? No.
Can you prove we have entered a new age of morality that has never been attempted before? No.
Can you make yourself immune to the natural outcome God set in place for abnormal behavior? No.

Can you redefine words, persecute the "unenlightened" and pretend there is no disaster awaiting your decisions? Yes.

I trust your spinning keeps you amused...it certainly amuses me.

Tard Hunter

Re: Re: CEO__Pte

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Nice presentation of facts but I must disagree. With more information comes a greater stride to learn. We certainly know more than what we did 50 years ago. Shouldn't we be left to make our own decisions and judgements unlike in the primative era in which you suggest?
Blimey, this one is exhibiting the classic self-righteousness that is the true hallmark of a tard, complete with spelling errors! :eartag:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Re: Re: Re: CEO__Pte

Originally posted by Tard Hunter
Blimey, this one is exhibiting the classic self-righteousness that is the true hallmark of a tard, complete with spelling errors! :eartag:

I love the accent! :wink:

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Re: Re: Re: CEO__Pte

Originally posted by Tard Hunter

:lmao:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Spinmasters...

I find is amusing that you are totally unable to counter my position and instead desire to spin a reinterpretation.
How pathetic.

Can you deny our decline? No.
Can you prove we have entered a new age of morality that has never been attempted before? No.
Can you make yourself immune to the natural outcome God set in place for abnormal behavior? No.

Can you redefine words, persecute the "unenlightened" and pretend there is no disaster awaiting your decisions? Yes.

I trust your spinning keeps you amused...it certainly amuses me.

Hessian... I hear what you're saying... and I agree that homosexuals should not be able to enter into a holy marriage. It is a religious institution, defined by God and the Holy Bible.

But should there be a Constitutional Amendment?

I've said many a times before that government should not be in the business of marriage. They should get out of it, whether they be homo or heterosexual. If they want to define legal domestic partnerships, that's fine. But marriage should be defined by the church. And the church should be the ones that choose whether or not they recognize marriages in other churches.

Domestic partnership does not equal marriage. You can be one or the other, or even both, if your church will allow you to be. Most Christian churches will allow hetero domestic partners to marry. And if the homos want to go out and start their own church, fine. But your and my churches don't have to recognize it.

There is a separation of church and state. Now I'm not saying pull the commandments off the walls or outlaw "under God" from the pledge. But this is an example of the government controlling what is a religious institution, and that's not the intent of our Constitution.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Now Buddy...

Don't let this false sense of sophistication in this age fool you.
We know less than most 8th graders of the 1920's.
*POW's created radios out of needles, copper wire, and metal scrap in camps in Germany. Could our 18 yr olds compare?
*Our SAT scores have fallen to dismal rates.
*Our international ranking in education is on par with third world nations. (but we feel good about ourselves:dance: )
*We have fools experimenting with worshipping trees and rocks like 6th century BC cavemen- puncturing holes in themselves like pin cushions and pumping toxic dye under their skin.
*We have people dying by the thousands because they have no self control (ie Aids, Alcohol, Heroin, Crack...)
With MORE education...comes MORE responsibility to do what is right with the Knowledge. Horace Mann won over the Mass. legislature to support Public education because..."it would reduce classes in society and eliminate poverty"...Wrong Horace: you silly Unitarian... you forgot about the depravity of man. We succumb to temptations to abuse, corrupt, and be lazy.-Education and sophistication do not aptly describe this generation.

Only faith in the Being that controls our Life and a willingness to hold to the foundations of civilization will make this nation endure.

:clap: :notworthy:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Look, no human being can possibly know the mind of God. I think it sounds incredibly arrogant for any of us to claim we know what God wants. It's almost like claiming to be God.

rraley

I like to stay out of religious/moral debates because I believe that people can only make their decisions based on their personal manifestations, not what we say. But on gay marriage, why is it that all of a sudden it has to be dealt with on a national level? Marriage has always been an issue addressed by the states themselves due to the 10th amendment. Why should that change now? Why are so many conservatives, who hate the federal government doing anything, trying to pass a constitutional amendment that circumvents the states' right to define marriage?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by rraley
I like to stay out of religious/moral debates because I believe that people can only make their decisions based on their personal manifestations, not what we say. But on gay marriage, why is it that all of a sudden it has to be dealt with on a national level? Marriage has always been an issue addressed by the states themselves due to the 10th amendment. Why should that change now? Why are so many conservatives, who hate the federal government doing anything, trying to pass a constitutional amendment that circumvents the states' right to define marriage?

Most conservative aren't.
Just take a look at this forum, which is mostly conservatives.

Most of us could care less if they marry. And if they do, most people here agree that the government shouldn't be in the bedroom. It's only a handful of vocal ones on here that support a Constitutional Amendment.

rraley

Originally posted by sleuth

Most of us could care less if they marry. And if they do, most people here agree that the government shouldn't be in the bedroom. It's only a handful of vocal ones on here that support a Constitutional Amendment.

Yes most of the forum readers here are opposed to the amendment, but the overwhelming majority of conservative Republicans on the Hill are in full support of this amendment (with some exceptions like John McCain and Lincoln Chaffee, but that's the Senate, those Republicans are pragmatic as opposed to DeLay's followers and their knee-jerk ideology). I was referring to conservative leaders, not the people here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can you deny our decline?
Yes. We're in better health and we have much better technology and communication than we did in the stone age. So it's pretty obvious we've progressed as a society, not declined.

Can you prove we have entered a new age of morality that has never been attempted before?
Yes. We no longer enslave people, women are no longer considered property and we don't marry our 12 year old daughters off to 50 year old widowers.

Can you make yourself immune to the natural outcome God set in place for abnormal behavior?
First of all, it is the ultimate arrogance to pretend to know the mind of God. Second, there's this little thing called a First Amendment in our Constitution and it says that Congress CANNOT make laws establishing religion. By denying citizens the right to marry because "God says so", Congress is obviously establishing a national religion and, therefore, any amendment of such would be unconstitutional.

I can't believe we're talking about this again. :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
First of all, it is the ultimate arrogance to pretend to know the mind of God. Second, there's this little thing called a First Amendment in our Constitution and it says that Congress CANNOT make laws establishing religion. By denying citizens the right to marry because "God says so", Congress is obviously establishing a national religion and, therefore, any amendment of such would be unconstitutional.

You da woman, Vrai!
:high5: :banana: :cheers: :clap: :getdown:

Tard Hunter

Originally posted by rraley
Why are so many conservatives, who hate the federal government doing anything, trying to pass a constitutional amendment that circumvents the states' right to define marriage?

Originally posted by sleuth

Here we see two seemingly dissimilar tards simultaneously engaging in what logicians will often refer to as 'the fallacy of biased sample'. Fascinating behavior. :eartag: :ear...

Whoops, this fellow already has one!