When Did Bush...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by jlabsher
I don't believe the polls either, but of course the fear, lies and obfuscation that the conservatives are spinning may come back to bite THEM in November.

Originally posted by Flo
From what I am viewing of the democrats and the 911 commission, one just has to sit back, view and listen to the crap coming from of the democrats on the commission. The bias by the democrats shown is gut-wrenching. :barf:

My Rodney King impression: "Can't we all just get along?" (Thank you, don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses, I'll be appearing all week... :lol:)

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Tonio
My Rodney King impression: "Can't we all just get along?" (Thank you, don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses, I'll be appearing all week... :lol:)

:yeahthat:

F

Flo

Originally posted by BuddyLee

Then stop making it out to seem like one.:rolleyes:

I agree with Sam. This is supposed to be a fact-finding commission. what I am seeing and hearing is a bunch of miserable, sore-loosing democrats still upset with the 2000 election, and on a "Witch Hunt" of President Bush.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Flo
I agree with Sam. This is supposed to be a fact-finding commission. what I am seeing and hearing is a bunch of miserable, sore-loosing democrats still upset with the 2000 election, and on a "Witch Hunt" of President Bush.

From your Bush loving/Democrat hating tone I can see why you would perceive such a thing.:duh:

F

Flo

From your Bush loving/Democrat hating tone I can see why you would perceive such a thing.:duh:

And from your Kerry loving/Republican hating tone I can also see where you just don't get it. The truth is right in front of your face, and you don't see it. :crazy: :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Flo
And from your Kerry loving/Republican hating tone I can also see where you just don't get it.:crazy: :nerd:

I dare you to find anywhere where Ive said anything about being a Kerry fan or a Republican hater. I just prefer to stand outside the box instead of bashing one party or another because they are both ignorant in they're ways. However, they both have good ideas as well. Im not ready to admit myself to one party or another and to say that one is better than the other. Yes my friend I am an independent and one of the many that can make or break your current president in November.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I just prefer to stand outside the box instead of bashing one party or another because they are both ignorant in they're ways. However, they both have good ideas as well. Im not ready to admit myself to one party or another and to say that one is better than the other.

:yeahthat: Top priority on both sides is blind, unthinking loyalty to one's own side. Both sides would sell the American people down the river without a second thought, and have frequently done so.

ylexot

Super Genius
Well, let's consider for a moment that each one of you is on the commission. What would you want to know for your report?

Personally, I'd want to know what information everyone had and when they had it. I'd also want to know what they think could be done differently and where they think the system failed. I don't care who is "at fault". The past is over. What can we do to change the future?

Some of the questions of the commission have been to get answers to those questions. Some have been clear partisan snipes.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I dare you to find anywhere where Ive said anything about being a Kerry fan or a Republican hater. I just prefer to stand outside the box instead of bashing one party or another because they are both ignorant in they're ways. However, they both have good ideas as well. Im not ready to admit myself to one party or another and to say that one is better than the other. Yes my friend I am an independent and one of the many that can make or break your current president in November.

I dare you to read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, and then come back and tell us you're an independent. :eek:hreally:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Flo
:peace: Though, I can't imagine why you would want to throw it (being an independent) to Kerry, as by saying "Yes my friend I am an independent and one of the many that can make or break your current president in November".... sounds like you are leaning more towawrds Kerry. :confused:

If I and a few others dont speak up for the other party (not meaning Kerry exactly) then what will you republicans have to b*tch and gripe about.:shrug:

We need a little change in the mix every now and again. Not just 'Everything and anything Republican is a must'.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by vraiblonde
You're an "independent" like the Washington Post is an "independent newspaper". :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Why because I dont believe in some of the views of the majority on this forum?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by ylexot
The past is over. What can we do to change the future?
What they're supposed to be doing is finding where the security breakdown occured, if in fact there was one at all. Sometimes you can't prevent tragedy, nor can you eliminate it in the future. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20.

If anyone takes the fall for this, it should be Clinton. He was the one that reduced intelligence funding and ignored the threats. He was the one that let our embassies and our WTC be attacked by Muslim extremists and didn't do a thing about it.

However, I'm willing to let him off the hook IF his fellow Democrats would just learn from the mistakes and admit that gutting the FBI and CIA isn't a good idea AND that we should smack the hell out of terrorists AND their benefactors.

Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully we learn from them. The Democrats don't appear to have learned a DAMNED thing, even though they lost their collective asses in the past two elections.

One more thing, and I didn't know this until a couple days ago: Jamie Gorelick, who is on the 9-11 committee, was Janet Reno's Deputy. She should be in front of the committee giving testimony, not on the committee. What screwball chose her for this duty???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I and a few others dont speak up for the other party (not meaning Kerry exactly) then what will you republicans have to b*tch and gripe about.
If you want to rabble-rouse, take your lumps like a man and quit complaining about it. :neener:

I've spent 7 years on this forum waiting for a Democrat to come along and give me a good, factual argument. :whistle: :tap:

Aimhigh2000

The Demo Side

Hasn't Bush increased the deficit, and broke the budget, which Clinton had balanced and left in the black for George #2?:confused:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Re: The Demo Side

Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
Hasn't Bush increased the deficit, and broke the budget, which Clinton had balanced and left in the black for George #2?:confused:

Under Clinton, the national debt increased 28% up to the same point in office.

Under Bush, the national debt has increased 26.5% up to now.

I did the math from the same points of time for a simple comparison.

Bush had 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, Homeland Security, and one of the biggest busting economies coming into his Presidency.

WOOT! Thanks for the comparsion.

Bush - Current debt total - $7,164,797,958,097.65
Bush - Jan 1, 2001 - $5,662,216,013,697.37

Clinton - April 14, 1995 - $4,873,406,295,208.08
Clinton - Jan 1, 1992 - $3,809,334,000,000 (comes from a historical summary at that point which only shows in millions)

BTW -- Would you like to point to this surplus? Since you are so educated and understand the popular media statement of a the surplus, you could surely point it out. I used the Public Debt information at the treasury department for mine.

Here -- I will help you with some hints, and then I will embarass that idea for you:
Total National Debt figures for the years the surplus "happened"
09/29/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86
09/30/1999 5,656,270,901,633.43
09/30/1998 5,526,193,008,897.62

Where is that surplus? Maybe its because Slick knew how to try to sell it.
Here is the debt figures for only the public held portion of that debt during that time
09/30/1998 3,733,864,472,163.53
09/30/1999 3,636,104,594,501.81
09/29/2000 3,405,303,490,221.20

Now -- prove you aren't a pawn to the liberal press and figure out the shell game.

Hint - THERE WAS NO TRUE SURPLUS (i.e. free money to spend)!