When is Enough...enough?

Pete

Repete
Ignore all these people telling you to leave him. Stay and live off his coin but get a BF on the side who treats you and your kid better :yay:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
WifeandMother said:
So...I've known for many years that the husband is still a kid, but thought he'd step up to the plate as a Dad. Well he may not be Ward Cleaver (Showin' my Age) but he's not a complete loser either. So here's the situation... He hardly ever goes to any of the kids activities. When he does go it's like pulling teeth to get him to go. There are no such things as "family" activities, unless it is something he wants to do...like go out on the boat. (not a bad activity...but not necessarily what one wants to do every time) This weekend my daughter had a performance on Friday night, were supposed to go to a party with his family on Saturday, and do Fireworks on Sunday. :smack: He's decided that he's not going on Friday night because we, meaning me and our child are ruining his whole weekend. I told him he was being selfish. He said our child was being selfish and she should get a friend. I don't get it. All she and I want is for him to be with us more and he just wants to act like a single 20 something with no responsibilities. Can someone help me understand this? :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: I think I'm losing my mind!!!!!

Sorry I can't read all the posts but, my gut is telling me it's not about "their child" :whistle:
BBL

USNavyMike

WifeandMother said:
So...I've known for many years that the husband is still a kid, but thought he'd step up to the plate as a Dad. Well he may not be Ward Cleaver (Showin' my Age) but he's not a complete loser either. So here's the situation... He hardly ever goes to any of the kids activities. When he does go it's like pulling teeth to get him to go. There are no such things as "family" activities, unless it is something he wants to do...like go out on the boat. (not a bad activity...but not necessarily what one wants to do every time) This weekend my daughter had a performance on Friday night, were supposed to go to a party with his family on Saturday, and do Fireworks on Sunday. :smack: He's decided that he's not going on Friday night because we, meaning me and our child are ruining his whole weekend. I told him he was being selfish. He said our child was being selfish and she should get a friend. I don't get it. All she and I want is for him to be with us more and he just wants to act like a single 20 something with no responsibilities. Can someone help me understand this? :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: I think I'm losing my
mind!!!!!

Wish I had the chance to hang out with my daughter/son previous marrage. Regardless of ill feelings toward the ex, I missed alot and can never get those times back again. Sorry your going through tough times like this, hang in there.
m

R

RadioPatrol

WifeandMother said:
I appreciate all that you have mentioned.

I wish I knew how to communicate with him in a way that isn't confrontational to him. I honestly do try and talk to him...but he is a very argumentative person.

Any suggestions on how to deal with someone who always thinks they are right, and doesn't know how to communicate in a non confrontational manner?

:jet:
......... never make someone a priority, that only makes you an Option .........

:whistle:

R

RadioPatrol

SamSpade said:
SNIP

I just don't get that attending functions with people I never see has anything to do with family loyalty.

Thread Hijack :coffee:

[soapbox]
Screw Family I was always the cousin, that like in the "big city" mom is from a small town in PA, and most of my cousin's live in small towns ....... i was always the outsider, so I never got close to anyone .......... F 'em all .......

[/soapbox]

R

RadioPatrol

Larry Gude said:
SNIP

I wish I was more mature at an earlier age once I started having kids,
TRUE That .......

I totally sucked @ this when I was Younger ....... now that I am older and settled yeah I am right there ....... no one had to tell me i was a lousy parent when I was younger .... I just realized I wasn't cut out for it .......... and I'll always regret what I missed ....... my 21yr old girl is just starting to talk to me again (although her home life with her mother was So Wonderful she had to run off to Az as soon as she got her Drivers License to live with her boyfriend - divorced from her mom - and yeah thats dig, she dogged me ( I deserved it for not being there) but it was always her mother's word echoing in my ears, parroted, nothing original :blahblah: ) my 19yr old thinks I am ok, we do a lot of stuff together - online gaming ..... he stuck around and got past his mothers bitterness to see dads not such an ass after all

My 12yr old and I get along Great ....... I was unemployed shortly after she was born so I stayed home from 6 months to almost 2 taking care of Randi so her and I are really close .........

Jesse 9yr old ..... Hmm where to start ......... basically never see him, his mom moved a couple times I never made an effort (yes I am an ASS) what few times she comes back to see her family in N Va. I feel like such a stranger around him, mom married. so I try to stay out of the way, but now that he is older he is asking questions .......... (not really ever sure what his mom is up to - my wife does not trust her ..... womans intuition thing ....

and Megan 2 yr Center of My World - after my wife ..... I never thought "wuv you daddy" could sound so sweet and never tire of hearing it - in fact were just sharing a "daddy yogurt" as I typed this .......

having her around all the time has made realize how much I screwed up with the others ......... and all it took was growing older, and the Love of the right woman ..... :snacks:

So WnM I am not saying @ the end of all this your not the right woman, but perhaps your ol'man still has some growing up to do ........ oh and I am 41 now and did not come around till about 38 - 39 ..........

R

RadioPatrol

Beelzebaby666 said:
THAT!, might be the smartest thing I have heard in months. :jottingthatdown:

I stole it from on of my "Myspace" friends who is going thru a tough break up

dad123

WifeandMother said:
So...I've known for many years that the husband is still a kid, but thought he'd step up to the plate as a Dad. Well he may not be Ward Cleaver (Showin' my Age) but he's not a complete loser either. So here's the situation... He hardly ever goes to any of the kids activities. When he does go it's like pulling teeth to get him to go. There are no such things as "family" activities, unless it is something he wants to do...like go out on the boat. (not a bad activity...but not necessarily what one wants to do every time) This weekend my daughter had a performance on Friday night, were supposed to go to a party with his family on Saturday, and do Fireworks on Sunday. :smack: He's decided that he's not going on Friday night because we, meaning me and our child are ruining his whole weekend. I told him he was being selfish. He said our child was being selfish and she should get a friend. I don't get it. All she and I want is for him to be with us more and he just wants to act like a single 20 something with no responsibilities. Can someone help me understand this? :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: I think I'm losing my mind!!!!!

Your husband should realize that soon she will be leaving the nest and that he will NOT be able to get these PRECIOUS YEARS back