Where are all the young professionals?

BottleBlonde

I've lived in St. Mary's County for a year now and I can't figure out where all of the other young professionals are. Does everyone move up to DC on the weekends? I'm a mid 20s engineer and I've found it's very hard to make friends down here. Anyone else in the same boat?

I agree, I've lived here all my life..and for the past few years it seems like all the "hang outs" have the same people every weekend.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I had absolutely no luck finding anyone who could be a potential date when I lived in Waldorf ... and now that I'm not there, I'm still finding people who aren't worth my time. I don't want someone who speaks in broken english or ebonics. I do not want someone who lives with their parents and has no job. I do not want to date anyone who has NO motivation or ambitions.

God Bless Dating.

Ha_Satan

The Challenger
I had absolutely no luck finding anyone who could be a potential date when I lived in Waldorf ... and now that I'm not there, I'm still finding people who aren't worth my time. I don't want someone who speaks in broken english or ebonics. I do not want someone who lives with their parents and has no job. I do not want to date anyone who has NO motivation or ambitions.

God Bless Dating.

Either you're ugly, or you're looking for a stem-less apple. The male:female ratio of this place is insane.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
God Bless Dating.
I'm a middle aged professional with a young at heart attitude and it's VERY difficult for me also. I know many people here in the 'dorf but it still doesn't help. Where do you ladies hide? PM me with pictures & info. It's good for lunch at least!:howdy:

markskn

Young Professional #21 Reporting.

I live in SOMD but commute up to the DC area. There is tons to get into. Anyone interested in hanging out drop me a line.

D

dems4me

Young Professional #21 Reporting.

I live in SOMD but commute up to the DC area. There is tons to get into. Anyone interested in hanging out drop me a line.

:howdy: Welcome to the forums. Where at in DC are you?

dn0121

Im 29 err 30 in two months. I moved here in the summer and it has been very hard to meet people. Even at work the majority are 15-20 years older then me. I don't have kids, it is just my gf and I. We live in Great Mills and have been looking to meet others also.

Now I will go read the rest of the thread and see if I missed a get together or anything.

Ok read the rest of the forum, the key to having a gf in this area is to move into this area with one! lol

Last edited:

thistle

Resurrecting this thread...

I remember there being a few other people who were having a hard time meeting other young people around here. I would like to get a happy hour together this week. Wednesday at the Tides from 5-7. If you're 30 and under, whether single, married, or involved doesn't matter, come by and make some friends. PM me if you want more info.

kelb

art imitating life
Resurrecting this thread...

I remember there being a few other people who were having a hard time meeting other young people around here. I would like to get a happy hour together this week. Wednesday at the Tides from 5-7. If you're 30 and under, whether single, married, or involved doesn't matter, come by and make some friends. PM me if you want more info.

OK.. Im new"er" to the area and I have to idea where tides is..

kelb

art imitating life
LOL I dont know where that is either.. but if you get it goign Ill be there. Do you have alot of people responding to this?

thistle

LOL I dont know where that is either.. but if you get it goign Ill be there. Do you have alot of people responding to this?

Haven't heard from anyone on here but my girlfriend and I will be there and a couple of other people I know. There were a lot of responses on this thread from others who didn't know where to meet people so hopefully they take advantage of this opportunity.

Directions and more info here: The Tides Restaurant California Maryland