Where can I get a sonogram?

sockgirl77

Isn't that what she's supposed to do?

You'd be suprised how many OB's pawn their patients off on other docs because they do not feel like getting out of bed.

I had Dr. Wills when I was married. I had a miscarriage. I called him and begged him to come to the hospital to explain to me what was going on. Did he? No. He told me that he was resting and that the hospital doctor could treat me just as well. That is when I met Dr. Tilley. He is the biggest jackass I have ever met.

M

missperky

You'd be suprised how many OB's pawn their patients off on other docs because they do not feel like getting out of bed.

I had Dr. Wills when I was married. I had a miscarriage. I called him and begged him to come to the hospital to explain to me what was going on. Did he? No. He told me that he was resting and that the hospital doctor could treat me just as well. That is when I met Dr. Tilley. He is the biggest jackass I have ever met.

I had Bowes, Polsky, Wills and Polko. Never had any problems out of any of them, but like Polko the best.

mamissa3

That is what everyone says about neal. i would not go to her again if you paid me to. She has NO bedside manner at all. I go to polko and she is awasome

braneag

Sweetpea
I had an ultrasound done at 20 weeks and I wanted to know the sex but the baby kept closing it's legs. The tech said she thought it was a boy but wasn't sure. I wanted to be 100% positive of what I was having before I registered and decorated the nursery so I went to this place in Potomac, MD called Baby Insight. I asked my doctor before I went (Polko) and she said it was just fine. Prices range from about $90 to $260 dollars depending on your package. You don't need a doctors note and all the tech's are certified. I was very happy with my experience there and will definately go back my next pregnancy. I have a 30 minute dvd and pictures of the sonogram. And it's all 3D/4D images.

SShewbert

What love is all about
I had my first daughter out in Missouri and they do a sono at 20 weeks. When we moved out here I was about 16 weeks I believe. Well I went to Dr.Tilley and was told that they didn't do sono's until 28 weeks. I have had two miscarriages as well. I can understand what you are going through.

With my last child that I just had I was hoping they would do a sono as soon as I found out to make sure that everything was going the way it should and they didn't. I as well had to wait and I know how that is too be worried the whole time. Good luck and I hope everything turns out great for you.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
When I was expecting with my youngest, I went to Dr Nettey and Dr Dickson in Waldorf. I had the official 20 week sono but every office visit I went to, they did a sono right there in the office. Neither one of them deliver babies any longer but they both have great bedside manner.

nmpali

I had my first daughter out in Missouri and they do a sono at 20 weeks. When we moved out here I was about 16 weeks I believe. Well I went to Dr.Tilley and was told that they didn't do sono's until 28 weeks. I have had two miscarriages as well. I can understand what you are going through.

With my last child that I just had I was hoping they would do a sono as soon as I found out to make sure that everything was going the way it should and they didn't. I as well had to wait and I know how that is too be worried the whole time. Good luck and I hope everything turns out great for you.
Thank you ((((hugs))))

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
When I was prego with DS I had Rothberg and Neal (10yrs ago) Rothberg ended up delivering my DS. Well he was the biggest jerk I have ever met! I always tried to schedule appointments with Neal b/c he was a Jerk in the office as well. I stuck with Neal until 2002 when she got the other Dr. in there. I started hearing things that weren't so good about Neal. I've since been seeing Dr. Polko and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!!!! Just seen her Friday for my check up and she is always nice, takes her time, and makes sure you don't have any question. I also don't have a problem seeing the other 3 women in her office, two nurse practicners, and the new Dr.

aanderson

Dr. Polko is Great and Ann Naru is terrific also. When I went to them for my first appointment at 12 weeks they did a sonogram right in the office to check the heart beat. Then I had one at 20 weeks for the measurements (and to find out I was having a boy). They were not able to get all necessary measurements so Dr. Polko sent me for another one at about 26 - 28 weeks. She really is great, but happened to be out of town the weekend I went into labor...I was 3 weeks early so not her fault. She had Dr. Davis as her backup doc and he was excellent also.

I suggest going to the 3D/4D place...although I didn't do it this time because of cost, I may do it for my next one!!

Good Luck and Congrats!

Poohhunny1605

I'm 21 wks and don't want to wait until 28 to get a sono (my docs policy). Does anyone know?

I'm not sure if anyone has already told you this, I didn't read the whole thread, but, you can go to American Radiology. There is a website, Americanradiology.com. There are many locations, I know Prince Frederick has one, on 110 Hospital Road((443) 436-1000), also, Waldorf, right across from Pembrook((301) 638-2457).

I'm not sure if your insurance will cover it? I know the cost was $600 when I asked how much it was without insurance. I also got bills because, I was waiting for my state's assistance to kick in, so its around that area of cost if insurance doesn't cover.

I know my doctor's "policy" was 2 sonograms, 8 weeks and 28 weeks. If you needed more they were doctor ordered in case of emergency kind of thing. I hope I helped you some :) Good luck and congrats :buddies:

SShewbert

What love is all about
I'm not sure if anyone has already told you this, I didn't read the whole thread, but, you can go to American Radiology. There is a website, Americanradiology.com. There are many locations, I know Prince Frederick has one, on 110 Hospital Road((443) 436-1000), also, Waldorf, right across from Pembrook((301) 638-2457).

I'm not sure if your insurance will cover it? I know the cost was $600 when I asked how much it was without insurance. I also got bills because, I was waiting for my state's assistance to kick in, so its around that area of cost if insurance doesn't cover.

I know my doctor's "policy" was 2 sonograms, 8 weeks and 28 weeks. If you needed more they were doctor ordered in case of emergency kind of thing. I hope I helped you some :) Good luck and congrats :buddies:

Where did you go to the doctor? I am trying to find a new one. My husband and I are thinking of having another one and I want another doctor this time.

tyky

eieio
With my last child I have 16 sonograms, I had gestational diabetes and they had to keep a close her size towards the end. At then end I was going twice a week and getting a stress test done once a week. That was in addition to my ob appts.