Where can I get a sonogram?

angieanderic

GO to anyone BUT Neal!!!!!!

Dr Neal delivered my daughter 11 years ago. She misplaced an internal monitor,which should have gone on her scalp,and put it on her face...which caused a large scar to form. She still has it. Also,she waited to deliver me by c-section until my daughter was in distress and meconium was leaking everywhere.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
For those who gave me hard time about needing an American Sign Language Interpreter at my doctor appointments and doesn't think the doctors are responsible in providing the interpreter, here is the information off the website:

Doctors - National Association of the Deaf

Doctors
To refer others to this page, please use:
Doctors - National Association of the Deaf

Are Doctors Required to Provide Interpreters for Medical Visits and Other Medical-Related Situations?

The short answer is yes. This is covered under the Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel that you need an interpreter in order to understand what your doctor/health care provider is telling you, then the doctor/health care provider is required to provide you with one. It is best to contact your doctor/health care provider directly and tell them, prior to your appointment, that you need an interpreter. Do not hire your own interpreter and expect the doctor/health care provider to pay your interpreter for you. You may run into problems that way.

The doctor/health care provider must pay for the cost of an interpreter, even if the cost of the interpreter is more than the cost of your visit. The doctor/health care provider is expected to handle the cost of interpreter as a normal business expense or as part of the overhead costs of operating a business.

If your doctor/health care provider tries to encourage you to bring in a signing family member or a friend as a way to "save costs", say no. Family members and friends cannot be expected to be neutral and sign everything they hear. They may be emotionally or personally involved with you and this may affect their interpreting. Using them as interpreters can also cause problems in maintaining your confidentiality as a patient.

For more detailed information, check other legal information on this site.

homevoice

It's hard to believe that anyone would question the need for an interpreter! If you can't hear, then how do they expect you to understand what is being said??? You are paying for your visit as a customer like everyone else right? The office does not have to employ an interpreter full time, just when they schedule patients that need an interpreter. It may cost the Doctor more, but he/she is aware of that when they go into practice, it comes with the business. I would think that a Doctor (of all people!) in the interest of his patient would want them to fully understand all things related to their care. If the Doctor is just in business for the money, then you should go to another doctor! Anyone that complains about helping others, is not grateful for the gifts they have been GIVEN!, such as hearing, it's a gift to be thank-ful for - not proud of. I am glad that some doctors are happy to afford this service for their patients. That shows true caring, and caring is an excellent quality in a doctor! It is more blessed to give than to receive!