Where do single people meet?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by FIREMAN

Thank you Thank you. Hold your applause till the end. The place stays full 24 hours a day. There's got to be someone for everyone in Wal Mart.

Attention WalMart shopper we have a single white male 6'0 180 blue eyes on aile 3 near sporting goods. PRICE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!

How much?

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin

There's got to be someone for everyone in Wal Mart.

Attention WalMart shopper we have a single white male 6'0 180 blue eyes on aile 3 near sporting goods. PRICE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

sounds like you got yourself a business proposal... don't let someone else steal your idea!!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
We used to have these kinds of discussions on here, regularly, a couple years back. I basically answered with "heck, I don't want to meet anyone right now, I'd be happy just to have someone watch a movie with me". Hence, our original little movie group was born. Every week or so, I'd suggest a few movies to see, and people would mention if they planned to come or not, and sometimes, I'd write a small review.

As a 'singles' group, it was only marginally 'successful', although two members of that original group are getting married this Saturday. But it did work in other ways - if you have a bunch of friends, they have a bunch of friends, and people can host parties and bring other friends. So while you may not meet the love of your life amongst the folks online - chances aren't impossible that they know someone who might be.

Another thing is, many people who might go out alone to a bar can be more at home, and find it easier, if they are with a group they are comfortable with. When you're out with a group of people - you might meet others along the way. This happened as well, with our old group.

So if you don't think the group of folks you've met online so far are doing it for you - consider that *statistically*, the best venue for meeting someone is still through mutual friends or through parties and functions held by friends. So come on out and meet with your buddies online. You never know.

FIREMAN

Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

sounds like you got yourself a business proposal... don't let someone else steal your idea!!

I can see myself getting on one of those speaker phones now. For the men in the automotive, I have a single white blond in the thong section for $1.25.

FIREMAN

Originally posted by pixiegirl

I saw the new name, good choice, lol. Fireman better watch out for me!!!

You'd freak out one day if someone taps you on the shoulder in a Walmart and says "Hello Pixie"

Fireman is on a Pixie hunt.

:p

R

RFM

Originally posted by Sierra39
I posted the SAME thread when I first joined the forum... :D And unfortunately, Heretic, things are pretty dismal in southern Maryland as far as hooking up with other singles! What is needed down here is an organized weekly singles' dance like they have at the Bowie Knights of Columbus...I met several people there when I lived in Crofton!

Of course, what I really want is a sexy farmer (or farmer wannabe). Someone who will help seed my pasture and muck out stalls – but also cleans up real good and can carry on a witty conversation...

I've NEVER met anyone in WalMart...and I even hang out in the camping supply, auto, and power tool aisles! Tried the grocery, garden, and home improvement stores, too...sigh... And I'm bored with the bar scene... I've even been to the Tiki Bar twice in the past month, and the guys there were a motley crew – lots of garish tatoos, mullets, and heavy smokers...NOT my type! :rolleyes:

So when everyone decides where a good place to go is, let me know! :D

Hi Sierra,

I had hope to meet you at one of the meetings Frank set up but I guess you could not make it that night because of your daughter and something about the hospital.

I've basicaly given up on meeting anyone in Southern Maryland for similar reasons you gave. I too have been to the Tiki Bar a couple of times this month and did not find it a place to meet anyone. If you think the guys were a motley crew I felt the same way about the gals. From what I see anyone decent around these parts are either married or have someone. sigh...

It would be nice to have someone I could take to the movies or enjoy a quiet dinner with but that dose not even seem to be in the cards. Even if there was a person out there who would like to do things with my two daughters it would be fantastic.

Hope you find someone to seed that pasture and muck the stalls. I know I miss the farms back in PA and the appy I use to have.

If you find a good place to meet people please let me know, it sure would be nice to have some good company for a change.

John

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I got a tractor and a pick-up too :p Bonus points for the fireman.

You're gonna be in real trouble if me and my bf ever brake up, lol. I will hunt you down! :D

SxyPrincess

Pixie,

Does this mean you and "Mr. Sleepy" don't have a chance together? BTW...he want's to go out on the boat Sunday.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Even thu I don't look for men - I have met some great guys at:
Boat Shows
Carnivals (one in PF this week) or any of the festivals that happen in the area (Blue grass music in Anne Marie Gardens coming up)
Wal-Mart (ROLF)
Lowes (hubba hubba)
Out eating crabs (Yummy)
Fishing
At church
At the dog beach
At the dog park
At the swimming pool
But my favorite is:
At the grocery store!!

FIREMAN

Originally posted by migtig
Even thu I don't look for men - I have met some great guys at:
Boat Shows
Carnivals (one in PF this week) or any of the festivals that happen in the area (Blue grass music in Anne Marie Gardens coming up)
Wal-Mart (ROLF)
Lowes (hubba hubba)
Out eating crabs (Yummy)
Fishing
At church
At the dog beach
At the dog park
At the swimming pool
But my favorite is:
At the grocery store!!

AAAAAAA MigTig is a Wal-Mart shopper too!

G

giggles04

Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

u haven't??!! ...where have you been living?!?!

I never heard of it neither until I came here.
Walmart seems to be the HOT SPOT...

:bubble:

:roflmao:

I guess I have totally missed that!

Fireman is out of control.... selling yourself for a buck! oh my!:p
too funny!
Get him Pixie!

FIREMAN

Originally posted by giggles04

Fireman is out of control.... selling yourself for a buck! oh my!:p
too funny!
Get him Pixie!

Yea a buck and she's still making payments. Can you believe that.
I was going to give myself out for free but felt that i needed to compensated for having all my teeth.