Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

• Muslim

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Buddist

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jews

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Christian-Catholic

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Christian-Protostan

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Wiccans

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

Uncle Rico

Which religion(s) have beliefs that make absolutely no sense, make you mad, or just get under your skin for one reason or another?

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Tired of most organized religions and there bloodthirsty followers. So many preach peace with one mouth and spit in your face with the other.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Tired of most organized religions and there bloodthirsty followers. So many preach peace with one mouth and spit in your face with the other.

Spend some time in a Christian chuch. Any one, you choose. Meet some people and talk to them. They really aren't bloodthirsty and will never spit in your face. I'm not sure what underlying factors you have that make you feel this way but I can assure you that most Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddist or whatever are not going to be a threat to you. Some muslims, maybe. The radical muslims are off the hook but they are the exception to the rule.

God Bless you!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Jehovah's Witnesses .... used to have a neighbor who was a JW. I'd come home from work in uniform (military) and she'd give me grief about how she doesn't believe in the military, which I found hypocritical for 2 reasons: 1) She was a former interpreter for the German army during WWII (she was about 80 when she lived next to us); and, 2) how do you live in a country and enjoy the freedoms offered that you wouldn't otherwise have if there wasn't a military? :shrug:

Another day I'd come home with the little "I gave blood today" sticker, and she launched into a hour-long :blahblah:-fest about how you shouldn't give your blood away because your soul is preserved in your blood, and if you give your blood away, you're giving your soul away as well. I responded, telling her that your body regenerates blood, so it's likely regenerating soul, too. :lol:

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Spend some time in a Christian chuch. Any one, you choose. Meet some people and talk to them. They really aren't bloodthirsty and will never spit in your face. I'm not sure what underlying factors you have that make you feel this way but I can assure you that most Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddist or whatever are not going to be a threat to you. Some muslims, maybe. The radical muslims are off the hook but they are the exception to the rule.

God Bless you!
Thank you for your concern. I don't mean "spit in your face" and "bloodthirsty" literally. I think that when everyone dies they will find out that there is only one higher power and that "oh my god!!!" we are going to the same place. So the "my god is better than yours" speech that so many people preach from so many different religions will be useless in the end. The "spit in your face" comment is more for the "plant the seed then shun you for not conforming".

Xaquin44

God Bless you!

I've been to several christian churches. They're all bloodthirsty one way or another (mind you I've been to 7 fairly regularly (1 for many many many years)). I suppose that's a fair sampling. Either way, 100% of them had a problem with something or another.

Edit: I don't doubt it's probably like this in every religion to some degree.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Jehovah's Witnesses .... used to have a neighbor who was a JW. I'd come home from work in uniform (military) and she'd give me grief about how she doesn't believe in the military, which I found hypocritical for 2 reasons: 1) She was a former interpreter for the German army during WWII (she was about 80 when she lived next to us); and, 2) how do you live in a country and enjoy the freedoms offered that you wouldn't otherwise have if there wasn't a military? :shrug:

Another day I'd come home with the little "I gave blood today" sticker, and she launched into a hour-long :blahblah:-fest about how you shouldn't give your blood away because your soul is preserved in your blood, and if you give your blood away, you're giving your soul away as well. I responded, telling her that your body regenerates blood, so it's likely regenerating soul, too. :lol:

I've had the same kinda experiences with the Witnesses. In general, I don't think they are a mean harmful group but their views are strange.

1. They don't salute the flag (It's just a piece of cloth?????)
2. They don't celebrate any holidays or birthdays
3. They think that all the dead will be brought back to life in 10K years or something like that
4. They don't vote
5. They don't believe in the gov't or military.
6. They would rather die than receive a blood transfusion.

I worked with a witness. He was a good worker but we couldn't talk religion. Once I heard some of the beliefs, I knew it was better to leave that stuff alone. Another guy I worked with would always openly refer to this guy's religion as a cult. I agreed but I kept my mouth shut.

Again, I don't hate this person but the religious beliefs of the JW are a little too much to swallow.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I've had the same kinda experiences with the Witnesses. In general, I don't think they are a mean harmful group but their views are strange.

1. They don't salute the flag (It's just a piece of cloth?????)
2. They don't celebrate any holidays or birthdays
3. They think that all the dead will be brought back to life in 10K years or something like that
4. They don't vote
5. They don't believe in the gov't or military.
6. They would rather die than receive a blood transfusion.

I worked with a witness. He was a good worker but we couldn't talk religion. Once I heard some of the beliefs, I knew it was better to leave that stuff alone. Another guy I worked with would always openly refer to this guy's religion as a cult. I agreed but I kept my mouth shut.

Again, I don't hate this person but the religious beliefs of the JW are a little too much to swallow.

I suspect one of my coworkers is a JW. She celebrates no holidays, didn't vote, and has a few other quirks about her that she chalks up to her "beliefs". But I thought JWs didn't drink alcohol, but my old neighbor and my current coworker dabble in the drinkage. :whistle:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
I've been to several christian churches. They're all bloodthirsty one way or another (mind you I've been to 7 fairly regularly (1 for many many many years)). I suppose that's a fair sampling. Either way, 100% of them had a problem with something or another.

Edit: I don't doubt it's probably like this in every religion to some degree.

I really don't care if you believe or not. It's your life. I would agree that most religions have a problem with certain things. I would say it's more about having morals and values which present a problem with some people in today's society.

I really don't think you can say Christians are blood thirsty. In general, they all mean well. As a Catholic, it's disappointing the hear Baptists bash us on a regular basis. It's also upsetting that the media has been able to portray all catholic priests as pedophiles when there are many other segments of society experiencing this delimma. I would guess there are more teachers having sex wtih juveniles than priests but it doesn't sell papers.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
I suspect one of my coworkers is a JW. She celebrates no holidays, didn't vote, and has a few other quirks about her that she chalks up to her "beliefs". But I thought JWs didn't drink alcohol, but my old neighbor and my current coworker dabble in the drinkage. :whistle:

The JW I know does drink. It's the Seventh day guy who doesn't drink, eat meat, consume caffiene, etc. He's the guy who goes to church on Saturday. He's cool but then again, it make you wonder.

MadDogMarine

" Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?"

Atheists-by declaring "there is no God" they make themselves their own god.
So what? you may ask!. Well, by making yourself your own god, when you die your god dies with you. Poor selection for a god-don't you think? Especially if you were hoping for someone that could possibly save you from your own death.
Maybe that's why the bible says "a fool sayeth in his heart, there is no God"
It takes a fool to select a god that dies the same moment he does.

Xaquin44

I really don't think you can say Christians are blood thirsty. In general, they all mean well.

well if you're of a specific religion, of course you don't see it that way (not saying you are, just in general). I'm sure the Aztec didn't see themselves as overly bloodthirsty and I'm sure their actions (ritual sacrifice/etc.) fit fine in their society. We, however, see it another way.