White History Month

Should White History Month be celebrated?

• Yes, allow White Americans the same opportunity

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • No, we celebrate White History for 11 months already

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • Do away with all ethnic holidays

Votes: 52 43.3%

• Total voters

Solja_Boy

1959 - Mercury program: NASA announces the selection of the United States' first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the "Mercury Seven".

**-all of them White Americans.

1926 - Birthdate of Hugh Hefner and 1974 - Birthdate of Jenna Jameson

How cum they couldn't select just 1 black person? NASA is just a bunch of racists.

tiny tim

How cum they couldn't select just 1 black person? NASA is just a bunch of racists.

no no of course you are right. they should have instituted an affirmative action program at nasa. the less qualified black man should have gotten to go up instead of a more qualified white person because, i mean, its only fair right? Then, when something goes wrong everybody can wonder why they let the black person on because he doesnt know shiat about space.

Solja_Boy

no no of course you are right. they should have instituted an affirmative action program at nasa. the less qualified black man should have gotten to go up instead of a more qualified white person because, i mean, its only fair right? Then, when something goes wrong everybody can wonder why they let the black person on because he doesnt know shiat about space.

Nasa could at least stap a black man to the nose of the spaceship so they could at least say that they sent a black man into space.

shades of gray ain't so bad

I don't think there should be a black history month, a black magazine, a black cable channel, black voices channel, etc. These are the things that evoke and maintain racism. I doubt a white magazine would ever be allowed to hit the stands, or a white voices channel hit the air. It would be seen as a ku klux klan or skinhead thing. Racism will continue to thrive as long as these separations of black and white are allowed to continue. Do these people who start these magazines and channels think they are helping to bridge the gap between blacks and white? That would be ignorant, but I guess if they can vent their anger and feel entitled and get rich at the expense of a nation never having a chance at peace and harmony, it works for them. How sad for everyone.
:duel:

T

toppick08

I don't think there should be a black history month, a black magazine, a black cable channel, black voices channel, etc. These are the things that evoke and maintain racism. I doubt a white magazine would ever be allowed to hit the stands, or a white voices channel hit the air. It would be seen as a ku klux klan or skinhead thing. Racism will continue to thrive as long as these separations of black and white are allowed to continue. Do these people who start these magazines and channels think they are helping to bridge the gap between blacks and white? That would be ignorant, but I guess if they can vent their anger and feel entitled and get rich at the expense of a nation never having a chance at peace and harmony, it works for them. How sad for everyone.
:duel:

:clap:

djenkins13

I grew up on the music of Prince, so I've got a soft spot for him.

If you ever go to Minneapolis, make sure to catch a concert at First Ave. It's very very surreal to be standing at the upstairs bar area and to see the star painted for Purple Rain (every star that has performed there gets a silver star painted on the wall inside or outside the building with the date of their first performance there)... I was having flashbacks of the movie.

ME TOO!! Especially of Appolonia jumping into that cold lake...:drool:

djenkins13

Can someone please explain this "reparation" BS to me? Explain why I have to make reparations when I wasn't the one committing crimes against them. Yes, slavery was a dark chapter in the life of America, but we (white America) recognized it and got rid of it. Thirty years ago a black man murdered a white woman. Before going to prison he died. Is it his family's responsibility to make reparations to her family? I don't think so.

Hessian

Ok...lets switch some words:

African American Dentist
Helping African Americans find Black dentist in your area.
www.BlackDoctor.org.

This racist posting is on the classified ads above this thread.
Lets see if this would get any notice:

European-American Dentist
Helping Caucasian Americans find white dentists in your area
www.whiteDoctor.org

oh yeah,...that would go over great wouldn't it.
The blatant hypocrisy in this era is pathetic.

T

toppick08

Today, Maryland son, John Wilkes Booth, shot President Lincoln and was the cause of the severe Reconstrution of the South.......:coffee:

African American Dentist
www.BlackDoctor.org.

This racist posting is on the classified ads above this thread.
Lets see if this would get any notice:

European-American Dentist
Helping Caucasian Americans find white dentists in your area
www.whiteDoctor.org

oh yeah,...that would go over great wouldn't it.
The blatant hypocrisy in this era is pathetic.

I pulled up the BlackDoctor.org site - I love the picture I saw (on lower left of screenshot) :killingme

Attachments

• bdorg.gif
    bdorg.gif
    86.4 KB · Views: 97

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
My intention with this survey and thread is to allow Whites the same opportunity as blacks and other minorities....to take a month to honor, celebrate, and highlight those White Americans before us who have made this country a better place to work, live, and raise a family.

In response to the "White American Accomplishment du jour" on April 4, 2008...

I know I'm a little late to the party on this, but I want to pose a question...How does the recognition of the white american who assassinated MLK, Jr. honor, celebrate or highlight any great accomplishments made by whites in America? OR, for that matter, make our country a better place to work, live and raise a family? If anything, I think honoring an assassin of this nature only defiles the point you set out to make. :eyebrow:

K

kris31280

ME TOO!! Especially of Appolonia jumping into that cold lake...:drool:

That wasn't QUITE what I was picturing when I was having flashbacks... It was more being right next to the stage (the same stage seen in the movie) and watching a band perform on it, being in the very space that music legends have crossed for over 2 decades... it's a very surreal feeling.

Lake Minnetonka is nice too, but I wouldn't recommend jumping in it.

djenkins13

That wasn't QUITE what I was picturing when I was having flashbacks... It was more being right next to the stage (the same stage seen in the movie) and watching a band perform on it, being in the very space that music legends have crossed for over 2 decades... it's a very surreal feeling.

Lake Minnetonka is nice too, but I wouldn't recommend jumping in it.

I wouldn't jump in it either, unless "Apples" was waiting for me... :razz:

Hessian

Clevalley,...Can you imagine the outrage if that was produced by "white" dentists!!!
Simply amazing!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
African American Dentist
www.BlackDoctor.org.
From their "About Us" page...
Blackdoctor.org is always looking for talented writers who share in our passion and mission statement. We also invite qualified healthcare professionals with various areas of expertise to contact us concerning topics that they would like to have covered on our website. Send a comment to our editors at editor@Blackdoctor.org
Hmm, they say they want to find "talented writers", so I wonder what would happen if I - boring whitey that I am - applied for a job there. All I need is an MD. :lol: