White Supremacists Love The Donald

steppinthrax

So: You believe that every woman who got an abortion was raped by a man.
That's as stupid as your previous post where you stated you could still buy slaves in Mississippi.

You are thinking with a simple mind again? In regards to your last statement.

Yep there are a very small percentage of rapes, but this is not what I was refering too.

Still today, not all women have access to birth control. Not all men want to wear condoms. Sometimes condoms break, sometimes pills didn't work that day/month/etc. Your statement was worded in a way where women are somehow "creating babies by themselves". There are also teen pregnancy and men who pressure women into sex. There are also dominating super Christian fathers in CC and elsewhere around the nation who think it's wrong for their daughters and sons to know about Sex Ed. I know a few of these fathers and their children are so naive, it's scary as hell.

It's more complex and in a perfect world there would never be abortion since birth control will be readily accessible, highly efficient, super cheap and no religion/moral/etc issues would be involved in it's use and distribution.

But for now abortion is an option and should stay an option.......

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Yet, you'd demand the state to deny a teacher's right to display religious things in a classroom. I'm amazed people will twist 'rights' like a pretzel when it serves their purpose; especially when it involves the life of another human being. It's a right to destroy a human life because we've found a way to justify it as "the woman's body", yet we get squeamish when religion pokes it’s ugly head. You're comfortable with the thought of a human baby/fetus/whatever getting ripped to pieces and thrown away like common trash, but uncomfortable with the mere sight of religion in places you deem unacceptable.

There is a separation of church and state.

Hijinx

Yep there are a very small percentage of rapes, but this is not what I was refering too.

Still today, not all women have access to birth control. Not all men want to wear condoms. Sometimes condoms break, sometimes pills didn't work that day/month/etc. Your statement was worded in a way where women are somehow "creating babies by themselves". There are also teen pregnancy and men who pressure women into sex. There are also dominating super Christian fathers in CC and elsewhere around the nation who think it's wrong for their daughters and sons to know about Sex Ed. I know a few of these fathers and their children are so naive, it's scary as hell.

It's more complex and in a perfect world there would never be abortion since birth control will be readily accessible, highly efficient, super cheap and no religion/moral/etc issues would be involved in it's use and distribution.

But for now abortion is an option and should stay an option.......

I was merely responding to your simple post.

SamSpade

Same goes a lot of whites like to move to places like W Virginia.

People actually MOVE there, on purpose?

I think over the course of my lifetime, I've known people to move to just about everywhere BUT West Virginia. My in-laws are from there, and I have the Mountaineers crap to prove it.

It IS true that people move away from regions as black people move IN. In 1960, PG County was ~9% African-American. It's around 64% now. While the population has doubled since then, white flight is the only explanation for such a dramatic shift.

But I've lived in PG County many times in my lifetime and race had little to do with my leaving. CRIME was the reason. I come home, go to my room - and I come back to my dining room, and there's a kid in there trying to take my stuff (climbed in over the balcony). Bike stolen. Car broken into - twice. Girl raped in the parking lot. Knife attacks at the nearby convenience store. Shootings at Beltway Plaza. One day leaving for work, a half dozen DEA vans pulled into my parking lot, and guys in riot gear - helmets and shields - went pouring into my building. Guy right above my apartment was a drug dealer.

I decided to leave. I don't know who committed these crimes. Didn't matter. I wanted out. I didn't leave because the place was black. I left because it was no longer safe.

SamSpade

Still today, not all women have access to birth control. Not all men want to wear condoms. Sometimes condoms break, sometimes pills didn't work that day/month/etc. .

I'd REALLY like to see data that shows how many abortions were done on someone regularly using contraception. And yes, all women have access to birth control.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There is a separation of church and state.

Yes, that separation is that congress (government) will not make any laws establish a religion as the nation/state official religion that we all must adhere; AND congress (government) cannot PROHIBIT the FREE PRACTICE of your own religion. Now, that is quite specific and does not exclude a teacher from displaying their faith in the classroom or anywhere else.

Now, please show me where there is a specific provision in the constitution for abortion. I know you'll point out that the 14th protects a woman's right to an abortion, thus RvW. That's fine. Again, you twist yourself into a constitutional pretzel when you can INTERPRET an amendment to mean this, while blatantly ignoring there is a very specific amendment protecting religion, and twist yourself into a constitutional pretzel with things like "separation" to justify violating a person's right to FREELY practice their religion.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
But I've lived in PG County many times in my lifetime and race had little to do with my leaving. CRIME was the reason......

........I decided to leave. I don't know who committed these crimes. Didn't matter. I wanted out. I didn't leave because the place was black. I left because it was no longer safe.

:yay:

steppinthrax

I think over the course of my lifetime, I've known people to move to just about everywhere BUT West Virginia. My in-laws are from there, and I have the Mountaineers crap to prove it.

It IS true that people move away from regions as black people move IN. In 1960, PG County was ~9% African-American. It's around 64% now. While the population has doubled since then, white flight is the only explanation for such a dramatic shift.

But I've lived in PG County many times in my lifetime and race had little to do with my leaving. CRIME was the reason. I come home, go to my room - and I come back to my dining room, and there's a kid in there trying to take my stuff (climbed in over the balcony). Bike stolen. Car broken into - twice. Girl raped in the parking lot. Knife attacks at the nearby convenience store. Shootings at Beltway Plaza. One day leaving for work, a half dozen DEA vans pulled into my parking lot, and guys in riot gear - helmets and shields - went pouring into my building. Guy right above my apartment was a drug dealer.

I decided to leave. I don't know who committed these crimes. Didn't matter. I wanted out. I didn't leave because the place was black. I left because it was no longer safe.

I knew many who I went to H.S. with (Middletown, MD), who moved to West Va, directly after graduating. Quite a few actually. It's white, traditional, religious and generally intolerant of color.

In terms of PG county, you are explaining one extreme. You were around Greenbelt. There are certainly better areas of PG county (Bowie, around watkins park). Don't paint the entire county of PG as neg, just because of that area.

steppinthrax

I'd REALLY like to see data that shows how many abortions were done on someone regularly using contraception. And yes, all women have access to birth control.

No, not all women/girls have access to birth control easily.

You really need to read and re-read what I said. Talking to you people is like pounding sand.

SamSpade

I knew many who I went to H.S. with (Middletown, MD), who moved to West Va, directly after graduating. Quite a few actually. It's white, traditional, religious and generally intolerant of color.

In terms of PG county, you are explaining one extreme. You were around Greenbelt. There are certainly better areas of PG county (Bowie, around watkins park). Don't paint the entire county of PG as neg, just because of that area.

Sorry. Failed to mention Riverdale. And Hyattsville. And Langley Park. And Takoma Park. And Cheverly. You did read the part where I mentioned I'd lived in several parts.

Yes, I know there are parts of PG that are nice. I just don't want to be just one town away.

And I'm guessing you REALLY don't know West Virginia. You don't want me to frame all of PG after Greenbelt, but you want to depict all of West Virginia as racist?

SamSpade

No, not all women/girls have access to birth control easily.

You really need to read and re-read what I said. Talking to you people is like pounding sand.

Yes, they do. If they don't want to use condoms, they can get the Pill. Cheaply. And they can also exercise restraint, which is another form of birth control.

It's a tragedy that people use abortion as birth control when contraception is so easily acquired.

And "go pound sand" is shorthand for "go pound sand up your ass". If you feel the need to do that, I won't stop you.

PsyOps

Pixelated

We seem to have a lot in common. It makes me wonder if I know you.

I think WV is a beautiful state, as long as you don’t focus on the dilapidated homes and abandoned strip mines. Where did your in-laws live? My parents are from Welch and Beckley.

I grew up in PG county (Berwyn Heights). I worked in Beltway Mall back in the early 80s. Those were the days (from the 60s to about the mid 80s) where PG county was a great place to live. After being gone for 15 years in the military I moved back in the area to Greenbelt. The place had starkly changed. We also left the county to Calvert because of the crime. We just didn’t feel safe. And like you, it had nothing to do with race. But I will say – and I’m sorry if this honesty makes some of you uncomfortable; it is what it is – that as the transition of the demographics went from predominately white to predominately black, so did the rise in the level of crime.

Hijinx

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-out-the-pedophiles-predators-moles/?page=all

Nuff said

steppinthrax

Yes, that separation is that congress (government) will not make any laws establish a religion as the nation/state official religion that we all must adhere; AND congress (government) cannot PROHIBIT the FREE PRACTICE of your own religion. Now, that is quite specific and does not exclude a teacher from displaying their faith in the classroom or anywhere else.

Now, please show me where there is a specific provision in the constitution for abortion. I know you'll point out that the 14th protects a woman's right to an abortion, thus RvW. That's fine. Again, you twist yourself into a constitutional pretzel when you can INTERPRET an amendment to mean this, while blatantly ignoring there is a very specific amendment protecting religion, and twist yourself into a constitutional pretzel with things like "separation" to justify violating a person's right to FREELY practice their religion.

THE CLASSROOM IS STATE PROPERTY. Not his/her house.... Displaying religious items violates the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

http://www.tolerance.org/blog/what-does-first-amendment-say-about-displaying-religious-sym

"While still contested in some areas, permanent displays of religious symbols on public school property violate current interpretations of the Establishment Clause. The Ten Commandments, for example, are unarguably religious in nature. Their permanent display in public schools communicates an endorsement for Christianity—just as hanging a Star of David in a classroom could make it appear that the school favors Judaism."

There are few exceptions, a Christmas tree, Hanukkah menorah that are installed temporary is OK.