White Supremacists Love The Donald

steppinthrax

Grossly exaggerate much?

I guess when you grew up they had large section of history textbooks missing.

Much of the early buildings in DC were built with the help of slaves. Yes there were white eng and arch, but slaves did the grunt work.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...elosi/legend-slaves-building-capitol-correct/

Not to mention all the food, cotton, grain etc... Those didn't directly build anything, but helped feed the people. Whites weren't prepared nor had enough people who were willing or wanted to do that kind of work. Hence slavery.

It's one of the main reasons why the U.S., being such a young country accomplished so much.

steppinthrax

Frankly, that is a huge part of what support for illegal immigration amounts to; a cheaper solution with less headaches. We can say, readily, that coming here illegally is totally different than coming here in chains and that is true in that regard. However, the part of illegal immigration that is equatable to slavery is the illegal part and how it is treated. Keeping them illegal keeps them quite and fearful and, thus, compliant. You hand them ID, citizenship rights, remove the fear of deportation, why, they'll start getting uppity.

GOP'ers can be said to be in favor of slavery on that basis and excuse it because they did choose to come here and are getting paid and can leave and that is all true but it does not absolve the right from wanting to keep that spectre of legal fear in place.

More problematic is the left wing support of illegal immigration. It is of a kind with the right in terms of cheap help but it displaces and harms existing citizens who are, by no means, doing well enough to excuse bringing in MORE people to compete for the scraps.

I agree with much of what you said,

With the exception that the left's idea of "path to citizenship" is somehow harming ordinary citizens. If your job is being threatened by a recently converted (illegal to legal) immigrant, then you have no job skills....

TheLibertonian

I guess when you grew up they had large section of history textbooks missing.

Much of the early buildings in DC were built with the help of slaves. Yes there were white eng and arch, but slaves did the grunt work.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...elosi/legend-slaves-building-capitol-correct/

Not to mention all the food, cotton, grain etc... Those didn't directly build anything, but helped feed the people. Whites weren't prepared nor had enough people who were willing or wanted to do that kind of work. Hence slavery.

It's one of the main reasons why the U.S., being such a young country accomplished so much.

Not food.

Cash crops. I mean, there were certainly slaves who grew food but mass production of food for export or non-personal use didn't really start until the invention of the tractor, which was after slavery ended.

Oh, also refrigeration.

Last edited:

steppinthrax

Labor supply is labor supply regardless of job skills.

And again, I understand what you are saying.

However, if you are being threatened by someone who barely speaks English, then how about pulling yourself up a few and getting some skills. Hell, isn't that what republicans are known for, you are in full control of your career/destiny/future?

steppinthrax

Not food.

Cash crops. I mean, there were certainly slaves who grew food but mass production of food for export or non-personal use didn't really start until the invention of the tractor, which was after slavery ended.

Oh, also refrigeration.

After slavery, I'm referring to slavery as the initial seed that allowed this country to get started and setup. You can't deny that w/o slavery the US wouldn't be where it is today.

TheLibertonian

After slavery, I'm referring to slavery as the initial seed that allowed this country to get started and setup. You can't deny that w/o slavery the US wouldn't be where it is today.

Yeeeeee-ssss and no. The north and the south were essentially different countries with a completely disconnected from each other economic system. The south also remained largely without infrastructure until after the civil war, partly due to the sort of feudal structure that they and going on.

Black slaves didn't really start being imported into the country until the late late 1600's and early 1700's, by which point the "seeds" were already there. Due to rather restrictive trade laws by the English the south didn't really start making money as we think until after the revolution, and thus it's "heyday" was only roughly 70 years until european expansion into the middle east and the securing of the spice routes of the east indies as well as the Egyptian cotton, which completely undercut american cotton.

After all, keep in mind the north was settled much sooner then the south, for the wood and the fish.

Last edited:

Hijinx

The original slavery in America was indentured whites and Indians and Irish and those fresh out of debter' s prisons.
The black slaves came later as New England and Dutch ships started going to Africa and bringing them back, purchased from Muslims who captured them.

So: In fact Obama is right, Muslims did help build America----by supplying slaves.

TheLibertonian

The original slavery in America was indentured whites and Indians and Irish and those fresh out of debter' s prisons.
The black slaves came later as New England and Dutch ships started going to Africa and bringing them back, purchased from Muslims who captured them.

So: In fact Obama is right, Muslims did help build America----by supplying slaves.

Good lord no.

Nooooooooooooo.

Black slaves were being imported into the Caribbean as early as the 1500's by the Dutch and Portuguese who bought them from West African Kingdoms who were not Muslim. The biggest Muslim empire was the Songay and they were quite a ways inland, and the Mossi (The western african kingdom grouping) largely remained animist until it's fall in the 1800's, with the biggest muslim influence being a influx of immigrants and also one of the kings towards the end allowed an Imam to preach in the palace. In fact the Mossi's actively resisted muslim expansion.

Hijinx

Good lord no.

Nooooooooooooo.

Black slaves were being imported into the Caribbean as early as the 1500's by the Dutch and Portuguese who bought them from West African Kingdoms who were not Muslim. The biggest Muslim empire was the Songay and they were quite a ways inland, and the Mossi (The western african kingdom grouping) largely remained animist until it's fall in the 1800's, with the biggest muslim influence being a influx of immigrants and also one of the kings towards the end allowed an Imam to preach in the palace. In fact the Mossi's actively resisted muslim expansion.

Whatever:

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's not bloody whatever, you just completely misrepresented an incredibly important part of history in order to take a shot at muslims and obama!

I interpret Hijinx's last couple posts different than you do. My opinion of you is that you think know one knows anything, but you. I do have a question. I believe I read that you are a teacher. When do you teach? Or is this forum your classroom? You have spent an inordinate amount of time on this forum to be doing anything else. Just wondering.

TheLibertonian

I interpret Hijinx's last couple posts different than you do. My opinion of you is that you think know one knows anything, but you. I do have a question. I believe I read that you are a teacher. When do you teach? Or is this forum your classroom? You have spent an inordinate amount of time on this forum to be doing anything else. Just wondering.

I don't think I'm the only one who knows anything, but I think I'm one of the few people here willing to set aside bias for intellectual honesty. I don't like Obama. The man is a liar and feckless. I think he's overall been a bad president. But I'm not willing to start making crap up about him because I dislike him or changing history because it would suit me better or be more damning to people I dislike.

TheLibertonian

:lmao: Priceless.

Says the man who is a bully and a sophist and refuses to acknowledge any facts that don't line up with his world view.

When was the last time you ever admitted to be wrong? When was the last time you showed an ounce of humility in the face of the vastness of human knowledge and your ability to comprehend it?

I'm always happy to admit when I'm wrong, but no one else seems to be.

But hey, why let facts or reason or sapere aude stand in the face of blind ideology, rhetoric, and dogma.