Whitney Houston Dead

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
oh wow I just loved listening to Billy Holiday when I was younger! I'd like to read that too.

It's Lady Sings the Blues, and the book is nothing - no thing - like the movie. Not even really close after they got done sanitizing the crap out of it. I'd like to see them make that movie again, truer to Billie's actual life.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Why not? Etta was a junkie, too. So was Billie Holiday, for that matter. BUT! Ella Fitzgerald wasn't, so she's my next jazz/blues babe bio so I can cheer up after Etta and Billie.

I just I didn't think that Etta was out there like Winehouse and Houston. Thought she had a little more class, but maybe so. Was the Bio good?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just I didn't think that Etta was out there like Winehouse and Houston. Thought she had a little more class, but maybe so. Was the Bio good?

Very good, but she was not what I would call a class act. :lol: She drank to extremes, was a heroin addict, took up with abusive men, lived like street trash, etc, etc. Her autobiography, Rage to Survive, is very honest and upfront about all of it.

I think it's interesting to look at the lives of people we don't know except through their music, and see the real them. I remember when I found out that Hank Williams was a drunk and junkie whose heart finally gave out on him at the ripe old age of 29 while he was being driven to a concert in WV. The driver didn't even know he'd died until he pulled over for gas. You think of these old time stars as more wholesome, and older than what they were.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I was on a big kick last year reading about Ironman competitors... Brian Boyle, Scott Rigsby (he has no legs) and Sarah Reinertsen (hers was hysterically funny - she has 1 leg). I enjoy stories of perseverance. :yay:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
"Sources said the temperature could have been as high as 150F (66C) when she got into the tub.

Six hours after her death, the water was still 91F (33C) and medical sources said she may have been so high she did not notice how hot her bath was."

Autopsy Reveals Whitney Houston's Body Ravaged

Makes ya wonder how hot the water in a high-end hotel is allowed. Most folks keep their home water heaters in a safe range to protect any youngn's. I would think a hotel would do the same to avoid a liable suit.