Who agrees

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

You must have a lot of time on your hands silly 'tard boy. Do you think anyone cares about this? Except you you and a couple other idiots that is.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

Speak of the devil! Here is one of the aforementioned mentioned idiots right on schedule! How is your carefully stoked sense of outrage these days queefer?

I'm a Texan? Who knew? All these years I've called myself a Yooper. Should I have called myself a Marylander for the 7 years I lived in Waldorf too?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Speak of the devil! Here is one of the aforementioned mentioned idiots right on schedule! How is your carefully stoked sense of outrage these days queefer?

I'm a Texan? Who knew? All these years I've called myself a Yooper. Should I have called myself a Marylander for the 7 years I lived in Waldorf too?

You still scared to death of Waldorf?

I'm starting to see why people broke into your home. You probably made one of your usual uninformed bigoted arrogant pompous statements to them earlier that day.

Or do you only talk schit on the internet?

He didn't really bother me at all, but he often posted some hateful stuff that was an eyesore and an embarassment. I'm ok with people saying stupid stuff on occasion, heck I know I do it too, but there's a big difference between people saying dumb things or being moderately offensive, versus someone who is intentionally being hateful and trying to insult people (based on race/religion/etc) just because they can. Nothing UncleRico posted ever targetted something about me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't disgusting.

This is supposed to be a website that welcomes everyone from SOMD (ok, laugh because I said it's supposed to be welcoming) and it doesn't get that done when you have people like him running around. He was far and beyond the worst offender, though. On top of all that, advertisers probably don't like their ads going up on top of a thread that says something derogatory like that. When all is said and done, they're the ones paying for this site (from what I hear) and I know as an advertiser I'd pull my ad if stuff like Uncle Rico's was actually tolerated around here.

I agree that from the perspective of an individual poster, it isn't necessarily that big of a deal. If they don't like someone or feel bullied by them, they can just ignore them. Unfortunately, not every one is wired to be able to do that, and some people have different sensibilities.

It is a different situation, however, from the perspective of a business owner. Vrai runs a business (I think), the success of which is predicated on the participation of the community. Some of those active participants, as well as perspective participants, may be discouraged from participating by certain behavior on the part of other participants. She just can't allow that phenomena to pervade.

I'm sure it is a difficult balancing act, and all things being equal, she'd prefer not to have to make decisions in this regard. I think that's the point of the other thread she started - she's asking people to avoid putting her in the position of having to make such decisions.

You guys are right. I can, as an individual, ignore the jerks here. Some people do feel the need to respond. Regardless, even if most do ignore it, the impact of the bad post is a negative influence on the site as a whole, and the sponsors respond in kind. I myself have supported Vrai in the past and mentioned the sponsors, and am well aware of the influence a single post can make. I just wasn't thinking along those lines when I posted above. Although I still do recommend 'ignore' very highly! :biggrin:

T

toppick08

You guys are right. I can, as an individual, ignore the jerks here. Some people do feel the need to respond. Regardless, even if most do ignore it, the impact of the bad post is a negative influence on the site as a whole, and the sponsors respond in kind. I myself have supported Vrai in the past and mentioned the sponsors, and am well aware of the influence a single post can make. I just wasn't thinking along those lines when I posted above. Although I still do recommend 'ignore' very highly! :biggrin:

:buttkiss:

:killingme

:huggy:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
You still scared to death of Waldorf?

I'm starting to see why people broke into your home. You probably made one of your usual uninformed bigoted arrogant pompous statements to them earlier that day.

Or do you only talk schit on the internet?

:yawn: Once again you prove yourself both a fool and an unworthy adversary. It's a shame you're not more interesting.

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Well I'll tell ya...

Your right...just hit ignore but the nerve was hit when it pertains to my own child.

Yes, I've thought...this guy is a looser and just ignored his posts before but when he talks about "ugly lesbians" (which my daughter is not ugly)...it's personal.

Unfortunately my friendly-happy-go-lucky went out the window and the gloves are off when you talk about my kid....AND YOUR's WOULD TOO! I no-longer care about political correct-ness and lose all dignity when that subject is degraded.

Yes we can turn a blind-eye....but I don't and won't when it's down-rite ignorant.

And yes, as a paying advertiser, if this kind of talk is allowed I wouldn't want to be associated with a site that allows it.

Thank you Vrai....for not allowing trash talk. It not only misrepresents the site, but it also leads others to believe Southern MD is a bunch of hypocrites and let's face it; there's already enough trash talk without going all the way simply for "shock value". If someone wants to talk crap they can find another message board to do it on.

Again, Thank you for helping me avoid Defense attorney fees.
:buddies:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Your right...just hit ignore but the nerve was hit when it pertains to my own child.

Yes, I've thought...this guy is a looser and just ignored his posts before but when he talks about "ugly lesbians" (which my daughter is not ugly)...it's personal.

Unfortunately my friendly-happy-go-lucky went out the window and the gloves are off when you talk about my kid....AND YOUR's WOULD TOO! I no-longer care about political correct-ness and lose all dignity when that subject is degraded.

Yes we can turn a blind-eye....but I don't and won't when it's down-rite ignorant.

And yes, as a paying advertiser, if this kind of talk is allowed I wouldn't want to be associated with a site that allows it.

Thank you Vrai....for not allowing trash talk. It not only misrepresents the site, but it also leads others to believe Southern MD is a bunch of hypocrites and let's face it; there's already enough trash talk without going all the way simply for "shock value". If someone wants to talk crap they can find another message board to do it on.

Again, Thank you for helping me avoid Defense attorney fees.
:buddies:

Wow :killingme
People take the internet WAY too seriously.