Why Call 911?

MadDogMarine

So the operator can hear and record the intricate details of your murder.

How sad this woman was so conditioned to be "politically correct" and believed the lies that she shouldn't own a gun, probably because she was told the attacker can take it away and use it on her.
The advice from the 911 operator from previous calls!,
"Document the calls you make to the police, get a restraining order and keep your doors locked" My oh my, such politically correct advice,UFB!

She was murdered while on line with 911 and it still took 2 days for the cops to find the body.
As the saying goes: "Call 911 and Die!"

Stalking victim heard issuing final 911 plea before her death | khou.com Houston

Here is an account going the right way. No call made to 911!
A juvenile(yes a kid with a gun!) prevents the murder of two family members after a home invasion.
This boy was probably suspended from his school for handling a gun or talking about it to classmates.
These are the stories you don't hear about on Main Stream Media that continues to promote their virulent anti-gun agenda.
Boy grabs gun, sends suspects fleeing | khou.com Houston

MadDogMarine

How sad this woman was so conditioned to be "politically correct" and believed the lies that she shouldn't own a gun, probably because she was told the attacker can take it away and use it on her.
"Document the calls you make to the police, get a restraining order and keep your doors locked" My oh my, such politically correct advice,UFB!

She was murdered while on line with 911 and it still took 2 days for the cops to find the body.

Stalking victim heard issuing final 911 plea before her death | khou.com Houston

A juvenile(yes a kid with a gun!) prevents the murder of two family members after a home invasion.
This boy was probably suspended from his school for handling a gun or talking about it to classmates.
These are the stories you don't hear about on Main Stream Media that continues to promote their virulent anti-gun agenda.

I just found another such event that went down in under minute.
How long does it take to call 911? Or how long does it take to open a locked gun safe?
Son Uses Father’s Gun to Defend Parents From Armed Home Intruders | Video | TheBlaze.com

MadDogMarine

The procedure here is:

Get the gun then call 911 if you have one hand free...

I would include one additional procedure before calling 911.
Neutralize the scene where you or your family will no longer be in danger so your 911 call can be a safe one.

One wise individual made the bold claim, "I never make a 911 call for myself,
it will always be for the bleeding intruder, and I make sure to ask for an ambulance"

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I would include one additional procedure before calling 911.
Neutralize the scene where you or your family will no longer be in danger so your 911 call can be a safe one.

One wise individual made the bold claim, "I never make a 911 call for myself,
it will always be for the bleeding intruder, and I make sure to ask for an ambulance"
Absolutely! I will not be cowering in the corner of my room waiting for the 911 person to tell me what I should do next. :yay:

MadDogMarine

Maybe she should have tried to vomit on him?

Your comment got me laughing(even though it is a sad situation) because I completely forgot that is one of the "politically correct" responses one should give in such an situation.
I couldn't help but wonder, Should you be allowed more than one hurl or would that constitute excessive force? Not being sure, one needs to call 911 and ask the operator!:barf:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Maybe she should have tried to vomit on him?

Mace, pack up, leave...hopefully before you need the mace and get the hell out of there.

This is why I am going to volunteer at a shelter (not just for women)

I'll be able to help get people out of those situations.

Shelters are mainly privately funded.

911? I called them and the police wouldn't touch me. They told me to call 911 again and get an ambulance. EMS could touch me.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

It was a black woman. :nono: Everybody know that if black people are allowed to own guns, they might start thinking that they're able to live without the government taking care of them

Wenchy

Hot Flash
It was a black woman. :nono: Everybody know that if black people are allowed to own guns, they might start thinking that they're able to live without the government taking care of them

Insomnia as well?

Call me? I lost your number when my last phone died.

Inkd

Your comment got me laughing(even though it is a sad situation) because I completely forgot that is one of the "politically correct" responses one should give in such an situation.
I couldn't help but wonder, Should you be allowed more than one hurl or would that constitute excessive force? Not being sure, one needs to call 911 and ask the operator!:barf:

I think multiple hurls would require a permit first.

But first you would have to be fingerprinted, have a background investigation done, provide proof of training and then provide a good and substantial reason to have multiple projectile vomits.

It's not a funny situation really but the laughing is all that's keeping the tears back.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

But first you would have to be fingerprinted, have a background investigation done, provide proof of training and then provide a good and substantial reason to have multiple projectile vomits.

It's not a funny situation really but the laughing is all that's keeping the tears back.

Mace.

I already cried for her.

911?

Wenchy

Hot Flash

From my experience, you need to say "Ambulance".

Home invasion? I will shoot and call afterwards.

The police really can't do anything.

I can only imagine what the 911 people go through.

I'm still crying for her. She moved to get away and he was still there stalking her. WTF?!

mamatutu

mama to two
There are not enough police officers to monitor every single incident that happens. They will be there if they can in an immediate situation, but we are all, ultimately, responsible for ourselves. This woman said he tried to kill her 3 times already. Police are not responsible for the personal lives of citizens. I feel bad for this woman, but she was relying on authorities, and not herself. If you see it coming, than you should not be a victim. What is this thing about that law enforcement will take care of me, no matter what? They can't be everywhere at once, nor, can they prevent tragedies. Law enforcement/police are not babysitters. JMO

Last edited:

MadDogMarine

......but she was relying on authorities, and not herself. If you see it coming, than you should not be a victim. What is this thing about that law enforcement will take care of me, no matter what? They can't be everywhere at once, nor, can they prevent tragedies. Ultimately, I do not feel sorry for her. Police are not babysitters. JMO

She was lead and trained to BELIEVE the opposite,that the correct thing to do is allow the police to handle it. After all, the police are radio dispatched and "may" have a cruiser 2 blocks away. If anyone knows the police can't protect her it is the 911 operator? Why ,in God's name, didn't the operator have the foresight to advise her early on to protect herself with a gun? Because even 911 operators are trained to be politically correct. I understand the operator in this case was initially suspended and eventually quit her job but that doesn't alleviate the memory that will live with her for the rest of her life, the dying caller's screams on the other end of the line.

Here is the account of one dispatcher that handled it fairly well even though some of her comments may have gone against her training.
To show how "dumbed down" everyone is in this society, this young girl felt she needed to ask permission from the 911 operator if it is ok to shoot the intruder. I am also convinced if the operator said "put the gun down ,the police will be their in a few minutes" she would have done just that. This is the result of a trained,obedient, subservient society of fools we have become, primarily thanks to the public schools and massive propaganda that guns are evil even in self defense situations.

911 operator tells caller "Do what you have to do to protect your baby." - DVD Talk Forum
"BLANCHARD, Okla. -- Authorities don't plan to file charges against an Oklahoma woman who fatally shot a New Year's Eve intruder at her house while she had a 911 dispatcher on the phone, but the intruder's alleged accomplice has been charged in the death.

A 911 tape released to Oklahoma City media outlets Wednesday reveals that 18-year-old Sarah McKinley asked a Grady County dispatcher for permission to shoot the intruder. McKinley's 3-month-old son was with her when she shot Justin Shane Martin, 24, at her Blanchard mobile home.

"I've got two guns in my hand. Is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door?" McKinley asked the dispatcher.

"Well, you have to do whatever you can do to protect yourself," the dispatcher is heard telling McKinley. "I can't tell you that you can do that, but you have to do what you have to do to protect your baby."

Inkd

Mace.

I already cried for her.

911?

I had a friend that kept a can of bear repellent next to her bed. She figured if it would turn a bear around, it ought to do for a human, plus she liked the fact that it had better range compared to some of the other Mace/OC sprays she was looking at.

I took her shooting alot, went shopping for a gun with her, taught her everything I could.

She was just never confident enough in her own abilities with it though to ever keep it handy.

MadDogMarine

Yes, and if you happened to live in Maryland, you would be required to submit a "hurl fingerprint" to the local police. The forms would be similar to the Ballistic fingerprinting forms required to purchase a handgun.

"in the case of the Maryland law, all new firearms sales must provide a fired case from the firearm in question to the Maryland State Police, who photograph it and log the information in a database. The Maryland State Police wrote a report critical of the program and asking the Maryland General Assembly to disband it, since it was expensive and had not contributed to solving a single crime.[3] Subsequently however, the database did provide evidence used to obtain one murder conviction at an estimated cost of 2.6 million dollars per conviction.[4]"

Ballistic fingerprinting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MadDogMarine

Mace.

I already cried for her.

911?

You have to have more than mace!
Having been maced(tear gas) in the Marines as part of training, it has a tendency to INFURIATE the recipient, especially if he/she is laced out on drugs. You better have a backup plan.

A little known fact about Mace(a brand name)
"Mace irritates human eyes and is very close to tear gas. Actual mace, not the brand name, was taken off the market about 15 years ago after police officers found out that it was ineffective against humans under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The name Mace is still the most common term used for personal defense sprays, despite it not actually having “mace” in the contents."

A good synopsis of the differences is here. Posting this link in no way implies I endorse the use of these devices for self defense purposes.
Mace vs. Pepper Spray vs. Tear Gas: How to select a Personal Defense Spray | Hard to Find Blog

Inkd

There are not enough police officers to monitor every single incident that happens. They will be there if they can in an immediate situation, but we are all, ultimately, responsible for ourselves. This woman said he tried to kill her 3 times already. Police are not responsible for the personal lives of citizens. I feel bad for this woman, but she was relying on authorities, and not herself. If you see it coming, than you should not be a victim. What is this thing about that law enforcement will take care of me, no matter what? They can't be everywhere at once, nor, can they prevent tragedies. Law enforcement/police are not babysitters. JMO

Exactly, she relied on the authorities, which is exactly what people have been taught to do over the years. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line, personal responsibility went out the window.

Now, it doesn't help when most people associate the police with "To protect and Serve". Even though the Supreme Court ruled that the police have no legal obligation or duty to protect you.

I don't mean to sound like I am slamming this woman, by all rights it seemd as though she did everything she reasonably could do to keep away from this man and it still didn't work.