Why do women seek men to earn more than they do?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Nick, do you mean to tell me that in all of NYC, there isn't a single woman who isn't a greedy social climber? :confused:

I have a friend that swears there are no decent women in Southern Maryland. My suspicion with him, like you, is that you're using that as an excuse to not date. Fear of rejection? Laziness? Who knows? But I do know that plenty of poor guys, ugly guys and boring guys have a woman on their arm. So your complaints don't hold water.

And I'll tell you something else about the friend I mentioned above: He's the type that, no matter what kind of deal he gets, obsesses that he could have done better. For example, he just bought a new big screen TV. Prior to purchase, he compared a zillion different TVs at a zillion different stores. Compared a zillion different incentives - free delivery and set up, $200 rebate, free service contracts, etc, etc. Finally, after a year of this silliness, he bought a TV. But he's STILL obsessing and comparing, getting all worked up if he sees a better deal - "DAMN IT! I could have gotten free delivery AND a free service contract! :burning:"

Guys who complain about how "there are no good women" are like this. They can't commit because they're afraid the minute they do, something better will come along. So they wait and wait, price shop and compare, reject great deals - then finally die alone and unloved.

Something to think about.

Holds true for women as well. I use to be like this minus the complaining. I just wouldn't commit because I felt like I might miss something better and any potentially better prospect that came along I had to check out.

Luckily for me I got kinda forced to commit. Probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

nickt1862

Originally posted by mainman
I don't think you have any effing idea what you want...

On the contrary - I do know what I want but I'm not going to detail it here.

and must you use profanity in chatting - it really makes you look small when you use it.

nickt1862

Originally posted by Katie
Let me just pipe in here something. There are a lot of women on this board who work 12 or 16 hours a day also. Before I met my hubby, men would find out that I was a programmer and automatically assumed I was rolling in dough. Yes I make a good salary but with that salary comes the long hours, and travel.

Then they would whine when I have to go out to California, or whereever I would need to go for a week, and then call me every freaking night whining about how mean I was for going on travel and that i need to quit my job and find one that keeps me at home.

So...BITE ME

I was speaking of the men though I didn't mention women doesn't mean it doesn't exist the other way around.

If the men can't appreciate you and what you do for a living with traveling part of your profession - then these men are the ones that lost. Those men probably lack a human brain.

You said "BITE ME" - are you delicious??? J/K!!

nickt1862

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Nick, do you mean to tell me that in all of NYC, there isn't a single woman who isn't a greedy social climber? :confused:

I have a friend that swears there are no decent women in Southern Maryland. My suspicion with him, like you, is that you're using that as an excuse to not date. Fear of rejection? Laziness? Who knows? But I do know that plenty of poor guys, ugly guys and boring guys have a woman on their arm. So your complaints don't hold water.

And I'll tell you something else about the friend I mentioned above: He's the type that, no matter what kind of deal he gets, obsesses that he could have done better. For example, he just bought a new big screen TV. Prior to purchase, he compared a zillion different TVs at a zillion different stores. Compared a zillion different incentives - free delivery and set up, $200 rebate, free service contracts, etc, etc. Finally, after a year of this silliness, he bought a TV. But he's STILL obsessing and comparing, getting all worked up if he sees a better deal - "DAMN IT! I could have gotten free delivery AND a free service contract! :burning:"

Guys who complain about how "there are no good women" are like this. They can't commit because they're afraid the minute they do, something better will come along. So they wait and wait, price shop and compare, reject great deals - then finally die alone and unloved.

Something to think about.

Maybe you oughta come up here and see for yourself the social climate in NYC. Committing is no problem of mine and I'm not one to want to await till someone better comes along. If everyone did that - life would just pass them by.

nickt1862

Originally posted by migtig
Maybe you ought to take your self to a NYC forum instead, because so far none of the SoMD forum members have agreed with your outlook. Wouldn't you feel much better having somebody agree with you since you say ALL the women up there are like that? Or are you afraid they will say the same darn thing we are?
You have issues. You need to move past them or you will never have a healthy relationship with a woman. No matter where you live nor how much money you make.

I have no issues - the women that set high standards do.

I am proud of who I am and whatever either high or low salary I get. I can't seem to find a woman that doesn't care about money and the other high standards they place. Give me a referral of a woman that doesn't care who lives up here and I'll pursue her :cool:

You don't know me, so you really can't make a real life asessment of me as a person.

I'm afraid that none of what I said makes sense to you or some other people. And NO - not everyone disagrees with me as you just are not able to read it here - hint..... hint.....

If you met me in person you would have a more favorable asessment of me that's for sure.

You seem to make me to be some type of @##@#$$%. I assure you I'm not what the discussions in this thread make me "sound" to be.

Probably most men don't make it clear as I do - so perhaps you're not accustomed to straight talk/opinions verses others that sugar-coat or beat around the bush their dialouge.

I'm not upset in any way - just responding back.

Last edited:

nickt1862

I hope that some women in here can just relax as I'm not what you make me to be.

Meet me in person (of course I know that's a long shot being b/c of distance and whatever) - then judge and see for yourselves of who I am :wink:

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Migtig makes a good point. Why are you on a Southern Maryland forum? Why aren't you discussing this on a NJ or NY forum?

nickt1862

Originally posted by mAlice
Migtig makes a good point. Why are you on a Southern Maryland forum? Why aren't you discussing this on a NJ or NY forum?

First - I don't know of similar forums up here.

Second - I might be relocating within a year to Maryland.

Third - Who knows :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by nickt1862
First - I don't know of similar forums up here.

Second - I might be relocating within a year to Maryland.

Third - Who knows :lol:

How did you stumble across this forum?

Where do you plan to relocate to in Maryland?

nickt1862

Originally posted by mAlice
How did you stumble across this forum?

Where do you plan to relocate to in Maryland?

If I relocate to Maryland it would be in the Timonium vicinity.

I stumbled here when I was doing a web search of Maryland.

nickt1862

Originally posted by migtig
No, you are doing that all by yourself.

:lol: if you say so

From what you say and how you say it, I don't think I would want to meet you, and I doubt my opinion would change.

whatever rocks your boat :smile:

Actually, the majority of men I meet and know are honest and direct. Otherwise I personally, would not choose to associate with them. And since I am blunt and honest, I expect the people around me (both male and female) to be the same.

:cool: that's cool

the only question would be are those people not your type (other than they being honest and direct) that you wouldn't want to associate with them?

Me neither.
:smile:

nickt1862