why don't blacks don't trust Republicans?

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Curious why you say that. I'm not really sure what your politics are, but I kind of figured you for a liberal Democrat (not a Left progressive - there's a difference).

What's the downside of Obama being President?

He would change the name of the People's House to the Black House and have it painted? :elaine:

Mateo

He would change the name of the People's House to the Black House and have it painted? :elaine:

Send our troops overseas, unarmed, chanting "yes we can , change the world !"
And for change, change "Hail to the chief" to the theme from the Jeffersons',
and that's just for starters....:hot:

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
Deadbeat child support resister.

Well then Frosty, explain it to all of us racists. :popcorn:

YOU just came out with a blatant cheap shot. Back it up or back off.
:patriot: It turns out that last night Bill O'Reilly of FOX NEWS did in fact apologize for his ignorant comment of lynching Michelle Obama.

Apparently O'Reilly apologized ONLY because of the back-lash for his ignorant words - because the white guy still missed the point as told in his timid apology.

O'Reilly said his using the term of "lynching" was in the same context as Clarence Thomas used in his Supreme Court confirmation hearing link HERE, and clearly O'Reilly again missed the difference that a black man refering to being "lynched" by the whites is a far different perspective then a rich white man declaration of "lynching" another black woman link.

So O'Reilly did apologize for his ignorant white racist remark but his apology is not worth very much

Big difference in white threats of "lynching" compared with blacks recieving the white racist threats,

so O'Reilly has no similarity with the Clarence Thomas incident, duh.

:hot: ...................... :doh:

PsyOps

Pixelated
:patriot: It turns out that last night Bill O'Reilly of FOX NEWS did in fact apologize for his ignorant comment of lynching Michelle Obama.

Apparently O'Reilly apologized ONLY because of the back-lash for his ignorant words - because the white guy still missed the point as told in his timid apology.

O'Reilly said his using the term of "lynching" was in the same context as Clarence Thomas used in his Supreme Court confirmation hearing link HERE, and clearly O'Reilly again missed the difference that a black man refering to being "lynched" by the whites is a far different perspective then a rich white man declaration of "lynching" another black woman link.

So O'Reilly did apologize for his ignorant white racist remark but his apology is not worth very much

Big difference in white threats of "lynching" compared with blacks recieving the white racist threats,

so O'Reilly has no similarity with the Clarence Thomas incident, duh.

:hot: ...................... :doh:

Okay, you left wingnuts win. O'Reilly is an insensitive racist. :rolleyes:

Now I want an apology from Forest for calling me a racist.

Toxick

Splat

I wouldn't have apologized at all. I would have said

"Anybody that thinks what I said is racist is simply looking for #### to stir-up. Period. If you if you don't like it then #### you and #### your family. I'll die before I apologize. Now, on to the REAL news..."

But then again, I'm not a public figure, so :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wouldn't have apologized at all. I would have said

"Anybody that thinks what I said is racist is simply looking for #### to stir-up. Period. If you if you don't like it then #### you and #### your family. I'll die before I apologize. Now, on to the REAL news..."

But then again, I'm not a public figure, so :shrug:

But if O'Reilly does this how will he ever become president? :sarcasm:

Pete

Repete
Nupe, I am interested in your response and have some questions.

I'm sure Lexi will express her opinion but let me share mine. I think a lot of black people are apprehensive about Barack Obama's safety. This continues to be a violent, racist, sexist nation. Although great strides have been made over the past 50 or so years, I don't think any of us is foolish enough to think that the murder of a prominent black man does not remain a distinct possibility.
Really is there a legitimate fear of assassination? Has there been a prominent black leader murdered since MLK? Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson parade around the country infuriating people on purpose and to my knowledge there hasn't been a single attempt on their lives. They don't have 1/100th the security a president has.

Aside from the physical murder of Mr. Obama, I think there is also some apprehension among blacks that the "crabs in the pot" mentality would rear its ugly head if Mr. Obama is elected. That is, those blacks who question his "blackness" already would be looking for a situation where a decision, appointment or other action could be construed as not in the best interest of the "black community." The obvious risk and the shortsightedness of such a position is that Mr. Obama would be President of the United States, not President of the Black United States.
I agree he more than likely be heckled just as bad from the black community than the white because I don't think he could ever please them.

BTW, what exactly is "blackness"?

His mission is and would not be that of a civil rights leader but the leader of the greatest nation in the free world who has sworn to uphold the constitution and protect the interests of the Nation. Although this risk is not to his person, the far reaching affects of this "black backlash" may be an overlooked and substantive negative bi-product of an otherwise positive outcome.
Wouldn't it be ironic if history showed that some "old white man" was more beneficial to "black America" than the first black president was? I want to know why someone cannot disagree with his ideology and politics without getting the red hot brand of "racist".

So yes, there is apprehension but I also think there is great joy amongst those who support his candidacy. I believe his supporters see the possibility of an America that lives up to the "true meaning of its creed...." and that this is the possibility for a new, more enlightened America. I think even those who may not vote for him would have to admit that his very strong, viable and classy campaign speaks well of the possibilities of this country and serve as evidence that change is possible and that change is not something to fear.
He is exciting and I believe change can be good when done correctly to the periphery and not the core. Do you also think that Obama has the added pressure of being a very good president? If he takes office and it turns into a modern day "Carter" administration it will muddy the water for the next black presidential candidates for decades. I only say this because I believe white people can be just as judgemental as you believe black people can be as you described in the "blackness" paragraph.

Time and the SUPER Delegates will tell.
Do you honestly think that the "party powerful" would allow super delegates to defect from the rank and file wishes and vote to appoint Hillary? In light of the hissy fit in the 2000 election could the democrats be that hypocritical?