Will be taking concealed carry class Oct. 5th.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thinking about this, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-0219007, but the built in laser sight would be nice on this, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-G10048. Even though only a .380.

Speaking from my own experience, make sure you try that out first. I found long ago that the sub-compacts are not my bag..don't fit my hand well and I can't hit the broad side of a barn. They make some really nice CC holsters and belt clips these days that do a great job of making the larger frames still comfy to carry concealed. Especially true for single-stackers like the 1911. Or, my M57 (only a .30 but a powerful .30..) is a single-stack and remarkably thin, yet has a nice sized frame that I can control.

Speaking from my own experience, make sure you try that out first. I found long ago that the sub-compacts are not my bag..don't fit my hand well and I can't hit the broad side of a barn. They make some really nice CC holsters and belt clips these days that do a great job of making the larger frames still comfy to carry concealed. Especially true for single-stackers like the 1911. Or, my M57 (only a .30 but a powerful .30..) is a single-stack and remarkably thin, yet has a nice sized frame that I can control.

They will let me try out any weapon they have. I really don't like .45s. Too much time to regain target.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They will let me try out any weapon they have. I really don't like .45s. Too much time to regain target.

That is one thing I like about the M57 (it's basically a knockoff of the 1903 Colt)..thin, light and very limited recoil. Similar to a .380 in that respect.

Don't get me wrong..it pains me that there is such a variety of great sub-compacts out there. The missus has a Kimber CDP II or whatever...beautiful handgun and works for her. I simply can't shoot them well...and have had plenty of chances to prove that to myself over the years.

Just remember Joe's advice...

Attachments

• biden.jpg
    biden.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Only thing I did not like about those and my buddies .44 mag was that recoil. But then that was shooting a few rounds.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

What's the most likely purpose? In my view, a conceal piece, what is most important is that you can get the thing out and present it. After that, were you to actually need to fire it, we can argue all day about calibers, barrel length, etc. but, first and foremost, you gotta be able to get a hand on it and get it out.

Ideally, they will let you try holsters, too. If so, figure out where you want it to be and look at a titanium spur-less (no hammer) .357. They might be the smoothest thing I've tried from conceal in terms of snagging, light weight and a damn good punch if you gotta use it, man or beast. Simple operation. Downside is no safety. Upside is double action so, it's a deliberate thing.

I'm still thinking the MP5 and a parka. I mean, so it's a bit much in summer...you'll get used to it...

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They got an IWB for this?

View attachment 104666

Not that I've seen, no. The one he's sporting is typical, i'nt it?...and so that's there's where the parka or oil skins come in to play for concealment, right?. You end up looking like Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider.,,,but hey, that's a plus.

Here's a nice compact rig..belt supported, leg straps, extra mag pouch. Best thing is..the entire rig weighs in right at 10 pounds...light as a feather.

Attachments

• carry holster.jpg
    carry holster.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 157