Women building a motorcycle shaped to fit

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
RoseRed said:
Hollywood / California area. Want to keep the chick at Hollywood Elementary.

Already pre-qualified and $ in the bank. Just waiting patiently until something comes available. It'll be awhile I am sure. :ohwell:

Seriously, don't wait very long. BRAC announcement is due at the end of next week. If the outlook for Pax River is an increase in white collar jobs, find your house and buy it now. Good luck!

:patriot:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dustin said:
And it seems everyone and their brother is building "custom" bikes these days :ohwell:
Read an article that HD was reporting lower than projected earnings to investers this quarter due to the "custom" bike builders cutting into their business.

Chief Jeff

Graphic Artist
I second that...

Oz said:
Seriously, don't wait very long. BRAC announcement is due at the end of next week. If the outlook for Pax River is an increase in white collar jobs, find your house and buy it now. Good luck!

:patriot:

dustin

UAIOE
aps45819 said:
Read an article that HD was reporting lower than projected earnings to investers this quarter due to the "custom" bike builders cutting into their business.

Ha-ha

Maybe now they will stop/reduce their price gouging.

Cletus_Vandam

itsbob said:
And 90% of them aren't custom builders, or custom assemblers.. they go buy all these "custom" parts which are one in a batch of a thousand, and then bring them into a garage and bolt them together.. walla another CUSTOM creation..

Frames from one comapny, tanks from another, seat from yet a nother, a crated motor.. OK, I got it, they are custom PAINTERS!! And some MAY do their own handlebars.. but most of those come pre-fabricated too.

TRUE! There are a few custom fabricators still doing custom work with metal though (Arlen Ness, Choppers Inc, etc-but you're also paying double to triple the prices of Wicked Womens Choppers).

The type of shop that you are decribing is OCC. If you've ever watched their show, all they seem to do is cry (and scream) about when UPS is going to deliver the next shipment of things ordered.... It makes a person think that you could pick up a few catalogs and put together a pretty decent looking bike.

Vince

Chief Jeff said:
I mentioned it in another post, I know small women 5' who can handle an indian chief, huge bike... i believe its all in the mind.... ride the bike you want, i few minor adjustments to any bike and you can ride it...
I'm only 5'4" and I ride an old '86 Honda 1100. A fairly tall bike for me, but still a nice ride. Someday I want a bike that when I stop I can put both feet flat on the ground. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Cletus_Vandam said:
It makes a person think that you could pick up a few catalogs and put together a pretty decent looking bike.
You can...

If you know how to put a bike together.

dustin

UAIOE
Vince said:
I'm only 5'4" and I ride an old '86 Honda 1100. A fairly tall bike for me, but still a nice ride. Someday I want a bike that when I stop I can put both feet flat on the ground. :lol:

ever thought of lowering the suspension or cutting the seat down? :shrug:

Vince

aps45819 said:
:yeahthat: I think progessives suspension makes reduced length shocks for the Shadows.
I've been having a tough enough time finding stock parts. Been looking for some side covers, exhaust system, etc. and haven't had any luck. Searched the internet to death. The only ones that come close are bike bandit, and everytime I order something it's discountinued. I've resigned myself to ride it as is, until I can get a new one.

Pete

Repete
Vince said:
I saw this episode of "Little Rascalls" a long time ago and Spanky and Alfalfa were trying to drive a car but couldn't reach the pedals. I think Buckwheat was the one who came up with the idea of trying blocks of wood to their feet. Might be an idea, Otay :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Vince said:
I've been having a tough enough time finding stock parts. Been looking for some side covers, exhaust system, etc. and haven't had any luck. Searched the internet to death. The only ones that come close are bike bandit, and everytime I order something it's discountinued. I've resigned myself to ride it as is, until I can get a new one.
I've seen lowering links for the rear. Just a metal plate you bolt into the shock mount and then bolt the shock to the plate. Depending on how long you make the link will determine how much you lower the bike.
For the front, all you have to do is loosen the triple tree clamps and slide the forks up. Doing this without changing the rear will change the steering geometry. make the bike steer a little quicker.

Vince

aps45819 said:
progressive suspension
saw lowering springs for the forks and shorter lenght shocks. What year/model is your bike?

Guess you could always get some platform shoes. Maybe some chrome goldfish in the heels.
'86 HONDA VT1100C Shadow. Don't think I want to put that much money into it. Would rather save it for a new one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
I saw this episode of "Little Rascalls" a long time ago and Spanky and Alfalfa were trying to drive a car but couldn't reach the pedals. I think Buckwheat was the one who came up with the idea of trying blocks of wood to their feet. Might be an idea, Otay :yay:

You are to much! :lol:

Sorry Vince...