Women encouraged to leave the armpit hair a-growin

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Ewww....I've always wanted to get my legs waxed, I understand it last for just about the whole summer. Always chicken out though. THe underarms will never, ever, never, be hairy!!!!

unless you are one of the few that has a high pain tolerance (I don't and I wanted to SCREAM), I wouldn't try the waxing. PLUS more important, when the hair grows back after waxing it looks all fuzzy and grows straight out and doesn't lay flat against your leg as it probably does now - I had someone say to me OMG the hair on your leg stands out you're scared LOL

It's painful, it changes the way most of your hair re-grows,and it's painful - see 3 good reasons NOT to do it <G>.

luvmygdaughters

unless you are one of the few that has a high pain tolerance (I don't and I wanted to SCREAM), I wouldn't try the waxing. PLUS more important, when the hair grows back after waxing it looks all fuzzy and grows straight out and doesn't lay flat against your leg as it probably does now - I had someone say to me OMG the hair on your leg stands out you're scared LOL

It's painful, it changes the way most of your hair re-grows,and it's painful - see 3 good reasons NOT to do it <G>.

Yep, I've heard it hurts like hell, especially the first time. I didnt hear anything about the way it grows back. Thanks for the information. Maybe if I have a bottle of wine first, I'd be numb enough to get it done. LOL :otter:

MMM_donuts

I've waxed my legs and it isn't pleanant. It does get significantly easier the more you do it, kinda like plucking your eyebrows.

I've done it myself and I didn't like that because it was really hard for me to pull the strips off once I felt how bad it was going to hurt when I did. I've had it done and it didn't seem to hurt as bad, plus it was much less messy.

The reason I don't care for waxing is that it didn't seem to last as long as they say. Maybe a few weeks but a lot of my hairs broke off and I still had to shave. I have blonde leg hairs that aren't a good candidate for waxing (or lazer hair removal, in case you're wondering), but not blonde enough to comfortably get away with not shaving. It was too much work and too much money with not enough results.

You should try it, though, at least once. It might work for you and you might really like it. Some people swear by it. And can you imagine not having to shave ALL SUMMER LONG?! That would be awesome!

ZARA

Waxing doesn't do it for me either. It didn't hurt me but after ripping the strip off, the hair was still there..laughing...at...me...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Yep, I've heard it hurts like hell, especially the first time. I didnt hear anything about the way it grows back. Thanks for the information. Maybe if I have a bottle of wine first, I'd be numb enough to get it done. LOL :otter:

Unless you're unconscious, it's gonna hurt.

Independence

Not to be graphic but don't wax within a couple of days of your period, it will hurt more. Also, take a couple of advil/aleve about an hour prior to your appointment. It will help with pain management. I've done both and I would recommend saving up for laser treatments. It will take several. I have my armpits, eyebrows, lip and bikini done about 3 times each and I still get growth (except my eyebrows) but I don't need to shave my armpitsevery day and what I do have it about 1/4 of what I started with. I know Rejuvenations in Prince Frederick runs specials on laser hair removal.

MarieB

And to add, threading is an alternative but it is painful as hell. (Never had it on the underarms either)

I shave daily and am not into the french look

MMM_donuts

And to add, threading is an alternative but it is painful as hell. (Never had it on the underarms either)

I shave daily and am not into the french look

I've seen people getting their eyebrows threaded like at the mall and always wondered how well that worked.

MarieB

I've seen people getting their eyebrows threaded like at the mall and always wondered how well that worked.

I have iranian friends, and that's the only way they do it, and they will tell you that it hurts like hell. It's supposed to be much gentler on the skin, but man does it hurt. My one hairdresser did it on my lip / eyebrows after she waxed. I thought i would die.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
After being tortured once with a salon waxing my legs, I will gladly shave or use a creme hair remover. If my razor stubble is an issue for someone close enough to notice .... I'll wear knee-highs, how's that?