Words From Elon Musk

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Woke Mind Virus’ Makes Netflix ‘Unwatchable’

Netflix reported on Tuesday that it lost 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter of 2022 while bracing for 2 million lost subscribers in the second quarter. Shares of the company dropped more than 20% in after-hours trading.

Replying to a Slashdot report about Netflix’s woes posted to Twitter, Musk commented that “the woke mind virus is making Netflix unwatchable.” When machine learning engineer Pranay Pathole in turn argued that the “woke mind virus is the biggest threat to the civilization,” Musk replied with a simple “yes.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk has taken away a drug from our media

It seems like every day Big Brother is closing in, and it isn't coming from above, but from all sides, from creepy journalists like Taylor Lorenz, the bug-eyed cancel cop chasing down Twitter users, to even former President Obama, who's launching a disinformation initiative claiming there's no right to freedom of speech on social media. Apparently, he still thinks Twitter is no different than other media, since they’re both private. True, I have no obligation to have you on my show.

That's obvious, but keep you off Twitter? That removes you from the modern town square. The only reason to cheer that is to limit the flow of information -- to exclude one narrative in favor of another, which is what the media does best. And that's part of the Big Lie.

It's not about being inclusive at all.

This society is already softer than a tube sock filled with onion dip. It's about excluding people whose opinions counter yours. If they can control language, they can control thoughts, then they won't have to spend as much time indoctrinating your kids.

OccamsRazor

This, to me, is the epitome of the Liberal mindset. Is definitely smart enough to craft a concise criticism of what they believe is "wrong"" but apparently not smart enough to see that the criticism is misplaced and should have been directed at the source. In essence, too blind with hated for Elon that they totally missed the real problem.

SamSpade

Years ago, I'd mentioned before - I knew a woman who was very intelligent - and I said to her "You do think your opinion is always right, don't you?" to which she answered "why would I believe something that is wrong?". I laughed. The very nature of an open mind is introspection, examining your own ideas and scrutinizing them - because you may ALWAYS be wrong. I've found over the years, just about everything I believe was wrong on at least some part of it.

The liberal mindset as I've come to see, at least in the political arena is the die-hard conviction that your views are not only right - but the ONLY right one. Like a mathematical equation that has but one solution, the approach from these progressives is that if there's only one answer - then every other one is a THREAT to it. If to solve this or that problem, YOUR solution is the only one - YOUR opinion is the only one - every other answer MUST NOT be heeded. In fact, it would serve everyone better if it were not only discouraged - but destroyed.

If you think that sounds like an extreme religion - a CULT, as it were - you'd be precisely right. The liberal view has mostly supplanted religion in the lives of these. They may believe in a Jesus or God, but he's not there to compel them to improve, to be more holy, to show them their sins - he's there to back them up, because he always shares their opinion.

When I was in a cult, I once visited the "mother church" as it were. That's when I first saw the protesters outside. When I wanted to talk to them, my peers STRONGLY discouraged me, saying that nothing could be gained by listening to them - that their words were poison. Nonsense, I said. If I have the truth, lies have no power over me. They insisted - permitting them inside my head was simply too dangerous.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS is why they freak out - the "protesters" are inside the building. The truth is tainted, the devil has the upper hand. I'm still bewildered by the idea that they believe the "truth" is so fragile, "misinformation" will wipe it out.

"Twitter" is called the public town hall - the agora, the town square, the marketplace of ideas. THIS is the virtual version of the world the rest of us LIVE in. We live in a world where we are constantly exposed to opposing ideas - from TV, the store, the church, the neighbors, the PTA - our entire world. We hear ideas different from our own.

That is - if you're NORMAL.

If you're a Hollywood elitist, a politician, a journalist, a pundit - you have built an echo chamber of JUST THE IDEAS you already agree with. You've developed a very thin skin for opposing ideas. And you never leave your bubble. You know those shows like The View or Real Time with Bill Maher? How is it their audience CHEERS when they make a leftie point? Or late night hosts - HOW WOULD THEY tolerate an audience that boos their ideas every once in while?

You may ridicule cults - but - chances are, you chose one. Like the bear I mentioned in another post, you may be free of your cage, but there's still one in your mind.

SamSpade

This, to me, is the epitome of the Liberal mindset. Is definitely smart enough to craft a concise criticism of what they believe is "wrong"" but apparently not smart enough to see that the criticism is misplaced and should have been directed at the source. In essence, too blind with hated for Elon that they totally missed the real problem.
You know what's REALLY bizarre? The content of the complaints. That Musk could change Twitter in such a way to influence elections, shut down stories damaging to politicians or worse - could totally shut down one side of the political divide in favor of the other.

I was gasping for breath, I laughed so damned hard.

Did they suddenly wake up and see that what they've been doing for years on social media could actually happen, despite denials on their part?
I mean, every single one of their scenarios HAVE HAPPENED - which they deny - because it can't happen. But when they're not at the wheel - NOW it could? How blind do you have to be?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you think that sounds like an extreme religion - a CULT, as it were - you'd be precisely right. The liberal view has mostly supplanted religion in the lives of these.

The Church of the State ....

Fascism: is a religion of the State, it assumes the organic unity of the body politic and longs for a national leader attuned to the will of the people. It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being, and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, wither by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives. any rival identity is part of the "problem" and therefore defined as the enemy.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
"The Elites" are here for you because you are not capable of running your life on your own. They are here to tell you what to believe, what to think, what to do, because you are not capable. How dare you question and not accept their benevolent guidance? You will be silenced!

Now say Hail Obama and go about your daily toils you ungrateful ogres.

Excuse me now please, I have a bridge to haunt somewhere.👹

BOP

Elon Musk has taken away a drug from our media

It seems like every day Big Brother is closing in, and it isn't coming from above, but from all sides, from creepy journalists like Taylor Lorenz, the bug-eyed cancel cop chasing down Twitter users, to even former President Obama, who's launching a disinformation initiative claiming there's no right to freedom of speech on social media. Apparently, he still thinks Twitter is no different than other media, since they’re both private. True, I have no obligation to have you on my show.

That's obvious, but keep you off Twitter? That removes you from the modern town square. The only reason to cheer that is to limit the flow of information -- to exclude one narrative in favor of another, which is what the media does best. And that's part of the Big Lie.

It's not about being inclusive at all.

This society is already softer than a tube sock filled with onion dip. It's about excluding people whose opinions counter yours. If they can control language, they can control thoughts, then they won't have to spend as much time indoctrinating your kids.
Well, and something that doesn't get brought up often enough - or very often, period - is the fact that part of the impetus for Big Tech playing censor is at the behest of the Government. Some of it is white knighting on behalf of "their side," but a significant factor is that both the Obama regime, and the Sniffer/Cackle regime have express the desire for Big Tech to eliminate contra voices.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:pete:

elon.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Liberals melt down after Musk claims the Democrat Party was ‘hijacked by extremists'

1651484673717.png

Liberals on Twitter couldn’t handle such a slap in the face.

Leftist journalist David Leavitt responded to the image, tweeting, "This is propaganda."

"It's now 100% clear that Musk is part of the GOP propaganda apparatus," tweeted liberal radio host and MSNBC contributor Dean Obeidallah. "I know you were hoping to be wrong--but it's clear that Elon Musk is exactly as vile as you thought he was."

Liberal commentator Shaun King couldn’t believe Musk’s graphic. He tweeted, "The right didn’t move at all during the past 20 years? Zero movement? That’s what this illustration says."

"Sorry you reversed this, Muskrat," huffed Keith Olbermann.

PeoplesElbow

Uh... Yeah, stupid.

Their positions are the same as they were 20 years ago. If anything, they've moved slightly left.
He isn't the only one that thinks that. Use to be they actually cared about the working man, it's been a long time though.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan, who has compared non-Muslims to “cattle,” tried to downplay America’s far-Left by claiming that they only want to “give us free health care and free childcare” while claiming that the far-right “wants to give us white supremacy and no democracy.”

“And this asymmetrical polarization of U.S. politics would be laughable if it weren’t so horrifying,” Hasan said. “We are living through an unspeakably dangerous moment, the pro-QAnon, pro-neo Nazi faction of the Republican Party is poised to expand dramatically come the midterms. We’re just two years away from Donald Trump very possibly reseizing executive power. If that happens, we may look back on this past week as a pivotal moment when a petulant and not so bright billionaire casually bought one of the world’s most influential messaging machines, and just handed it to the far right.”