Workplace Dating

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well here is my situation.

There is a girl at work that keeps sending me emails, asking me to go to lunch with her, so she can take me to her favorite place. I've stopped at her desk and chatted with her a bit while waiting to see her boss, she is in Admin. We have talked about working out, she talks about going out dancing and stuff like that. When she found out I was single she started saying oh I have a bunch of single friends you should come out with me. Now she is sending me emails trying to go out to lunch? Should I go, see whats she's trying to accomplish or just avoid the entire going out with co-workers?

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Magnum said:

There is a girl at work that keeps sending me emails, asking me to go to lunch with her, so she can take me to her favorite place. I've stopped at her desk and chatted with her a bit while waiting to see her boss, she is in Admin. We have talked about working out, she talks about going out dancing and stuff like that. When she found out I was single she started saying oh I have a bunch of single friends you should come out with me. Now she is sending me emails trying to go out to lunch? Should I go, see whats she's trying to accomplish or just avoid the entire going out with co-workers?

Don't piss into the wind
Don't shiat where you eat
And definetly don't Screw where you work

Geek

Magnum said:

:eyebrow:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Magnum said:

I'd think twice! :jameo:
Thought there was some sort of "code" about dating Admin. folks?? :whistle:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Eh, what the hell.

Don't date HER, since you both work in the same place.

But this chick has GIRLFRIENDS, and one of them might be perfect for you. What's the harm in hanging out with a bunch of girls and having a good time?

Magnum

Should be Huntin
bresamil said:
I'm pretty sure you already know what she's "trying to accomplish" youngblood. :lmao:
Yeah thats kinda what I figured :lmao: I'm just wondering what I did to give her an impression that I was interested. It's not like I ever said hey we should go out sometime. :killingme

Magnum

Should be Huntin
BadGirl said:
Eh, what the hell.

But this chick has GIRLFRIENDS, and one of them might be perfect for you. What's the harm in hanging out with a bunch of girls and having a good time?
Thats the only reason I halfway considered it. Plus she works in a different division of the company. I am working in their building for a couple more weeks then after that I'm off to the next job.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Magnum said:
Thats the only reason I halfway considered it. Plus she works in a different division of the company. I am working in their building for a couple more weeks then after that I'm off to the next job.
Don't go there my friend! She still has access to your "personnel records" :evil:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
BadGirl said:
Eh, what the hell.

:yeahthat:

I concur with Badgirl here. Let her know you just want to be friends, don't mind hanging out, and are open to the possibility of meeting some of her single friends.

Female friends that know where you stand are good to have. Kind of like having an interpreter in a foreign country... :yay:

ylexot

Super Genius
Magnum said:
In that case, go for it :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Magnum said:
It's "lunch" what's the problem?
She might actually want to hook you up with one of her friends like she said.
Away from the office you'll be able to determine her true intentions and worst case you can always tell you don't feel comfortable with dating someone from work.
Nothing says "I'm not interested" like splitting the check

MMDad

Lem Putt
Magnum, do you like being single?

Dating is about risk and taking chances with your personal life and emotions. Ask yourself if the good that could come out of dating her is worth whatever the perceived risk is. Yes or no, and then you'll know whether you "should" or not.