World Series

donbarzini

And hopefully, Charlie Manuel knows what it's gonna take to slow down A-fraud. He needs to be drilled one time in the ribcage. That will stop him from diving for those outside pitches, because I know deep down in his heart, he's still afraid of being hurt. This year it's almost like the league has said "You can't pitch him inside because he's scared of those pitches." Screw the Bonds' style treatment of intentionally walking him. Go the Don Drysdale route: "Why throw four pitches to put him on first when all it takes is one?"

donbarzini

Well, Phillies' fans, it appears Charlie Manuel has taken leave of his senses. He's gonna start Pedro in game 2 in NY. This is the same Pedro who once pronounced: "I guess the Yankees are my Daddy.". Can you hear the chants now? Clap...Clap...clapclapclap!! "Who's Your Daddy?" Clap...Clap...clapclapclap.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Well, Phillies' fans, it appears Charlie Manuel has taken leave of his senses. He's gonna start Pedro in game 2 in NY. This is the same Pedro who once pronounced: "I guess the Yankees are my Daddy.". Can you hear the chants now? Clap...Clap...clapclapclap!! "Who's Your Daddy?" Clap...Clap...clapclapclap.

Umm, that was in 2004....

donbarzini

Umm, that was in 2004....

Yeah, 2004 when he was a much better and stronger pitcher.Do you really think that he's NOT gonna hear that chant? Don't get me wrong, the ONLY 2004 Red Sox player I dislike is Johnny Damon(Looks like Jesus, Acts like Judas, throws like Mary). I will forever be grateful to Pedro for what he did for my Sox. But I really think Manuel should hold Pedro until game 3 in Philly

Peter Forsberg

Yeah, 2004 when he was a much better and stronger pitcher.Do you really think that he's NOT gonna hear that chant? Don't get me wrong, the ONLY 2004 Red Sox player I dislike is Johnny Damon(Looks like Jesus, Acts like Judas, throws like Mary). I will forever be grateful to Pedro for what he did for my Sox. But I really think Manuel should hold Pedro until game 3 in Philly
And start who? Cole Hamels is stinking up the joint. Pedro pitched 7 strong innings against the Dodgers.

donbarzini

And start who? Cole Hamels is stinking up the joint. Pedro pitched 7 strong innings against the Dodgers.

The Dodgers lineup is not even in the same zip code as the Yankees. I would start Blanton for one reason. Beside Pedro, he is the ONLY starting pitcher
with enough balls to drill A-Rod and then stand there and DARE him to come out to the mound. The Twinkies didn't do it. Neither did the Halo's. Instead they gave him the Bonds treatment. I will be willing to bet one lung and one testicle that the "clutch" hitting will stop as soon as he knows that his ribs will be sore every time he tries to dive for that outside pitch. And Blanton is JUST the guy to do it.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
The Dodgers lineup is not even in the same zip code as the Yankees. I would start Blanton for one reason. Beside Pedro, he is the ONLY starting pitcher
with enough balls to drill A-Rod and then stand there and DARE him to come out to the mound. The Twinkies didn't do it. Neither did the Halo's. Instead they gave him the Bonds treatment. I will be willing to bet one lung and one testicle that the "clutch" hitting will stop as soon as he knows that his ribs will be sore every time he tries to dive for that outside pitch. And Blanton is JUST the guy to do it.

Very valid points. :yay:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Attachments

• GO PHILS.jpg
    GO PHILS.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 44

Animal

I eat red meat
And hopefully, Charlie Manuel knows what it's gonna take to slow down A-fraud. He needs to be drilled one time in the ribcage. That will stop him from diving for those outside pitches, because I know deep down in his heart, he's still afraid of being hurt. This year it's almost like the league has said "You can't pitch him inside because he's scared of those pitches." Screw the Bonds' style treatment of intentionally walking him. Go the Don Drysdale route: "Why throw four pitches to put him on first when all it takes is one?"
That is so bush league. Brush him back or make hime eat dirt but you don't intentionally go to hurt someone.